All the differences between Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro, 6 Pro and Redmi Note 5
Xiaomi beginning in 2019 is very bright, the potential hit presented is the Redmi Note 7 smartphone and its upgraded 7 Pro. Powerful processors and a 48-megapixel camera stand out among the features of the device. They were officially announced in January.
Today we are comparing Redmi Note 7 with Note 7 Pro, as well as with two previous linear gadgets that are still on sale. Redmi Note 6 Pro and Note 5.
Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro
First of all, let’s analyze the differences between Redmi Note 7 and its "big brother" Note 7 Pro. Smartphones should only be inside:
- CPU: In Note 7, Snapdragon 660 is installed; Note 7 Pro uses the much newer and more powerful Snapdragon 675;
- Main Rear Camera Sensor: Note 7 uses a Samsung GM1 sensor with a resolution of 48MP. In turn, the Note 7 Pro uses a camera with the same resolution, but from Sony (IMX586);
- The amount of permanent memory: Note 7 Pro will have a 128 GB read-only version, and the base version of Note 7 will be limited to 64 GB at the start of sales.
Unfortunately, unlike Redmi Note 7, which is sold all over the world, Note 7 Pro was exclusively for China and India. As of the summer of 2019, information about the official launch of Note 7 Pro in the Russian Federation is not yet available.
In addition to this slide teaser, which guarantees the use of a Sony camera instead of Samsung, nothing is officially said about Redmi Note 7 Pro.
The Redmi Note 7 camera suggests many questions: is there really a 48-megapixel camera and see the list of all smartphones with a 48-megapixel camera). The device will take 12-megapixel photos. First of all, this will happen in low light.
The total size is 1.6 microns (versus 0.8 microns in the shooting mode of 48 megapixels). Even with high-end cameras, the iPhone XS and Galaxy S9 have a pixel size of 1.4 microns. Improving these features is critical to the quality of the final images.
According to Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro, there are still very few, let’s look at the Snapdragon 660 and 675 processors:
- Appearance of smartphones: Snapdragon 660. Q2 2017, Snapdragon 675. Q1 2019;
- Manufacturing process: Snapdragon 660. 14 nm (worse), Snapdragon 675. 11 nm (better);
- CPU cores: Snapdragon 660. 4 cores based on CortexA73 @ 2.2 GHz based on 4 nuclear A53 @ 1.84 GHz, Snapdragon 675. 2 Cortex-based coresA76 @ 2.0 GHz 4 cores A55 @ 1.7 GHz;
Key Snapdragon 675 options. This is probably one of the best pricing and features in 2019.
- GPU: Snapdragon 660. Adreno 512 (255 GFlops), Snapdragon 675. Adreno 612 (? GFlops);
- Supported RAM: Snapdragon 660. LPDDR4, Snapdragon 675. LPDDR4X;
- Fast charge: Snapdragon 660. fast charge 4, Snapdragon 675. fast charge 4;
- Image Processing Unit: Snapdragon 660. Spectra 160, Snapdragon 675. Spectra 250L.
The Snapdragon 675 has only two powerful cores. Although the SD660 has four. True, but the powerful Snapdragon 675 cores are already based on the latest ARM Cortex-A76 solutions, which are powerful.
This is clearly seen from the first tests of new elements that began to appear on the network (see also other processor tests). The Snapdragon 675 is ahead of the 660, and this is pretty important:
- AnTuTu test result (CPUGPURAM): Snapdragon 660.
136000, Snapdragon 675.
174500; GeekBench test result (one processor core): Snapdragon 660.
1600, Snapdragon 675.
2380; GeekBench test result (all processor cores): Snapdragon 660.
5200, Snapdragon 675.
New A76 and A55 cores display Snapdragon 675 even compared to SD670
In addition to more powerful processor cores, the Snapdragon 675 stands out against competitors with improved graphics (increased FPS in games and more), support for faster LPDDR4X RAM and new features for graphics processing and machine learning. The latter in the SD675 should be especially strong compared to all other Snapdragon 6xx.
See also: New smartphone features 2019: Help selection;
See also: Xiaomi smartphones: all the latest models from inexpensive to flagships.
Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 6 Pro
Let’s move on to comparing Redmi Note 7 with the Note 6 Pro, which debuted last fall.
- Display: Redmi Note 7. 6.3 inches with a notch, Redmi Note 6 about 6.26 inches with a solid cut;
- Aspect ratio: Note 7 to 19.5: 9; Note 6 O to 19: 9;
- Pixel Density: Note 7 to 409 PPI; Note 6 O to 403 PPI;
Redmi Note 7 from Note 6 Pro
- Water protection: Redmi Note 7. basic protection (IPx rating unknown), Redmi Note 6 Pro. no;
- CPU: Note 7. Snapdragon 660 (8 cores, up to 2.2 GHz); Note 6 Pro. Snapdragon 636 (8 cores, up to 1.8 GHz). See a detailed comparison of SD636 and 660 at the link and below in the article;
- Rear camera: Redmi Note 7. 48 5 MPx; Redmi Note 6 Pro. 12 5 MPx;
- Rear camera (main module size and aperture): Redmi Note 7. 1/2 ", f / 1.8 (better), Redmi Note 6 Pro. 1 / 2.55", f / 1.9 (worse);
The new 48MP sensor is much more than its competitors in the truest sense of the word
- Video Recording: Note 7. Full HD at 30/60/120 FPS, Note 6 Pro. Full HD at 30 FPS;
- Front camera: Redmi Note 7. 13 MPx, Redmi Note 6 Pro. 20 2 MPx;
- USB: Note 7. USB-C, Note 6 Pro. microUSB 2.0;
- Dimensions: Note 7 to 159.275.28.1 mm; Note 6 Pro. 157,976.48.3 mm;
- Weight: Note 7 to 186 g; Note 6 About 182 g;
- OS out of the box: Redmi Note 7. Android 9 with MIUI 9 shell, Redmi Note 6 Pro. Android 8.1 with MIUI 9 shell.
Redmi Note 7 provides a more powerful processor, a new camera, an interesting ability to view settings and USB-C, which makes it easy to set the path to faster charging.
Note 6 Pro means it lost Note 7.
Camera 48 MPx in Note 7 can be used in Google Play Camera (comparison of video programs Google and the main camera from Xiaomi)
It is important that both gadgets are missing: NFC, stereo speakers, wireless charging, optical stabilization and optical zoom.
In addition to a fingerprint scanner and a basic set of sensors, available on both smartphones:
- Infrared port
- MicroSD card support (use a second SIM card slot up to 256 GB);
- Dual LED flash;
- FM radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4000 mAh battery.
Red note 6 o
Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 5
This comparison will be very similar to the previous one, because there are very few differences between Redmi Note 5 and 6 Pro, which was mentioned above.
- Display: Redmi Note 7. 6.3 inches with a notch; Redmi Note 5. 5.99 ‘without cut;
- Aspect ratio: Notes 7 to 19.5: 9; notes 5 to 18: 9;
- Pixel Density: Note 7 to 409 PPI; Note 5 to 403 PPI;
- Water protection: Redmi Note 7. basic protection (IPx rating unknown), Redmi Note 5. no;
In addition to the traditional darks, Redmi Note 7 also features vibrant gradient colors.
- CPU: Note 7. Snapdragon 660 (8 cores, up to 2.2 GHz), Note 5. Snapdragon 636 (8 cores, up to 1.8 GHz). The difference between the two processors for more information. Lower;
- Rear camera: Redmi Note 7. 48 5 MPx, Redmi Note 5. 12 5 MPx;
- Rear camera (main module size and aperture): Redmi Note 7. 1/2 ", f / 1.8 (better), Redmi Note 5. 1 / 2.55", f / 1.9 (worse);
- Video Recording: Note 7. Full HD at 30/60/120 FPS; Note 5. Full HD at 30 FPS;
- USB: Note 7. USB-C, Note 5. microUSB 2.0;
- Memory card support: Note 7. up to 256 GB, note 5. up to 128 GB;
- Dimensions: Note 7 to 159.275.28.1 mm; Note 5 to 158 675.48.1 mm;
- Weight: Note 7 to 186 g; Note 5 to 181 g;
- OS out of the box: Redmi Note 7. Android 9 with MIUI 10 shell, Redmi Note 5. Android 8.0 with MIUI 9 shell.
Note 7 again has a powerful processor and USB-C. Note 5 is characterized by reduced frames and support for larger memory cards. Of course, the new camera with a resolution of 48 megapixels in the main modular is striking. It’s not so much fun yet.
TechTablets, a Russian-language resource, conducted a visual test and came to the conclusion that although camera 7 provides a Note 5 camera in some scenarios, Xiaomi is likely to solve this problem in the future with numerous software updates. In addition, you can now use the Google Camera app (video above) to improve the shooting of Redmi Note 7.
By the way, the test sample of Redmi Note 7 received by TechTablets is still not very noticeable, and a very mediocre microphone works when shooting:
Redmi Note 7. However, it can be hoped that Xiaomi did not have time for a quality adaptation of the software for the new 48-megapixel sensor.
As for the other parameters, then both gadgets are missing: NFC, stereo speakers, wireless charging, optical stabilization and optical zoom.
In turn, each of the smartphones has an infrared port, an FM radio, a 4000 mAh battery and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Finally, let’s compare the Snapdragon 636 and 660 processors in more detail:
- Date of Appearance: Snapdragon 660. the second quarter of 2017, Snapdragon 636. the third quarter of 2017;
- CPU cores: Snapdragon 660. 4 cores based on the Cortex-A73.2.2 GHz 4 cores based on A53 @1.84 GHz, Snapdragon 636. 4 cores based on the Cortex-A73.1.8 GHz A53 @ 4 cores1.6 GHz;
- Graphics Accelerator: Snapdragon 660. Adreno 512 (255 GFlops), Snapdragon 636. Adreno 509 (216 GFlops);
- Supported RAM: Snapdragon 660. LPDDR4 1866 MHz, Snapdragon 636. LPDDR4 1333 MHz;
- Maximum theoretical Wi-Fi speed: Snapdragon 660. up to 867 MB / s, Snapdragon 636. up to 433 MB / s.
A year ago, Redmi Note 5 and its derivatives became based on the perfectly balanced Snapdragon 636. However, time is running out, the new Redmi Note is moving to the SD660 and 675.
Thus, the Snapdragon 660 and 636 are very similar to the technique. However, the Snapdragon 660 literally has a higher tactical frequency. This applies to the processor, graphics process and memory support. This leads to the following differences:
- AnTuTu test (CPUGPURAM): Snapdragon 660.
136000, Snapdragon 636.
116,000; GeekBench test (single core processor): Snapdragon 660.
1600, Snapdragon 636.
1300; GeekBench test (all processor cores): Snapdragon 660.
5200, Snapdragon 636.
4700; 3DMark Ice Storm (GPU) test: Snapdragon 660.
29200, Snapdragon 636.
These numbers can only be different from a smartphone to a smartphone with the same processor.
It’s all for today. Redmi Note 7 Pro, which we do not know about yet.