Xiaomi smartphones, like any other gadget, need recharging. While this happens, the owner of the phone remains “disconnected from the world.” But when the phone does not charge, it brings a lot more difficulties. Missed important calls and messages can cause spoiled plans for the day, contribute to the loss of customers or valuable partners. Therefore, it is very important to solve the trouble as soon as possible. In this article, we will analyze why the Xiaomi phone does not charge and what to do in this situation.
The main causes of failure and how to get rid of them
Xiaomi may not charge due to serious damage or improper handling. Sometimes you can resume the charger yourself. Before you start to panic, let’s see what can be done.
- Debris has entered the charging hole. If you always carry your phone with you, dust, grains of sand and other debris can get into the usb port. Carefully inspect it, then blow out the hole (it is recommended to use a can of compressed air for this) and clean it with the bristles of the toothbrush. After that, carefully insert the charge into the port.
- Oxidation of usb port contacts. Very often this problem is encountered by users using their gadget in high humidity conditions. Also, oxidation of the phone charging connector can occur in case of prolonged non-use of the device. To solve the problem, turn off the device, moisten the needle with alcohol and clean the contacts. The operation should be carried out as carefully as possible. It is also important not to overdo it with alcohol.
- USB cable failure. Check usb on another device. This will help to understand whether the problem is in the phone or in the charger. A similar way to solve the problem is also relevant when the phone does not charge due to a breakdown in the power adapter.
- Reset Xiaomi to factory settings. The reason that the gadget is not charging may be a failure in its system.
The Android operating system collects statistics on the use of the device in order to prevent its complete discharge. Systematic depletion of the battery disrupts the power controller and prevents the device from taking charge in normal mode. To avoid the problem, just reset the phone to factory settings. If you used the device to store important data, you need to copy it somewhere or make a backup, because otherwise they will be lost. After that, let the phone fully charge.
- Battery problems. Modern batteries last much longer than those that were before, but still they break down and as a result may not charge. Each battery has its own lifetime, which is expressed in charge or discharge cycles. When the maximum quantity for these indicators is reached, it fails.
Video: Xiaomi Mi5 Charging Problems On The Net
To check the battery’s performance, remove it from the phone and check for smudges, thickenings, signs of aging on the surface. However, the most reliable indicator is a multimeter test, which you can find with a telephone repair specialist. If the performance is low, you need to buy a new battery.
Using a frog to charge your phone
Despite the fact that the phone does not charge with a regular charger, it can be charged using a frog (clothespin). this is a universal charger. All actions you carry out at your own peril and risk.
To use a clothespin, follow these steps:
- Remove the battery from the gadget (if the battery is not removable, disassembling the device is not recommended);
- Insert it into the frog and hold it so that the charger contacts are on the terminals and. of the battery. If the battery has 4 contacts, usually only 2 are used.
- Connect the battery and press the TE (test) button when the green light comes on. you have connected correctly.
If the green light does not turn on, the battery may have completely discharged! Then the device is connected in any polarity and plugged into the outlet for several minutes. if the CH (charge) indicator blinks, everything is done correctly, otherwise change the polarity.
If the battery malfunctions, the charge will not go, despite the fact that the indicator shows the full volume. details about the use of this device can be found on specialized sites and forums.
The smartphone does not charge in the first days of use
If your smartphone does not charge in the first days of use, but the charge indicator is on, the following tips may help you:
- If using native charging, first connect the cable to the phone, and then plug the adapter into a power outlet.
- If you are using a non-native cable or charger, then make sure that all the elements are rated for 2 Amperes, 5V.
- If charging does not work from the usb port, try disconnecting all devices from other ports. If there is a usb input of version 3 (blue), it is recommended to connect to it. If you use a desktop computer for charging, connect to the ports located on the motherboard itself. They are usually located on the back side.
It happens that if the battery is incorrectly calibrated, a failure occurs, due to which the charging of the smartphone can go very slowly or be completely absent. On one of the forums where it was discussed why Xiaomi Mi4 is not charging for some users, there was a solution to the problem in the following way of calibrating the battery:
- It is necessary to discharge the battery to 0%, for example, by turning on a video or a game, so that the device itself turns off.
- We take out the battery and wait a few minutes, then insert it back and do not turn on the phone.
- We connect to the charge, which works from the outlet and wait for a full charge, about 3-4 hours.
- After a full charge, disconnect from the network device, remove the battery again and wait a couple of minutes.
- We insert the battery back and turn on the smartphone.
After these actions, many users noted significant improvements in the operation of their devices.