Inadequate access to the global network is a very common problem today, so many today are searching on the Internet why the Internet does not work on the phone.
over, this is relevant for all operators without exception, which only exist on the territory of the Russian Federation. MTS, Megafon, Tele2, Beeline and others.
Although, the problem may not be in the operator, but in the smartphone itself.
On devices running under the Android platform, this is a very common problem.
In any case, it would be useful to understand what are the causes and solutions to this phenomenon.
Let’s start with some of the most commonplace reasons why the mobile Internet may not work.
Their list is as follows:
- Negative balance on the phone. To exclude this option, you should check how much money you have in your account. Depending on the operator, the method may vary.
To find out how to check the status of the account on your phone, you should contact the operator. Most often, the SIM card has both a balance number and an operator number.
No. 1. Check account balance
- The subscriber is out of network coverage. Another very simple and common reason. To exclude this option, you should look at the network indicator in your smartphone. An example of this can be seen in Figure 2.
To fix this problem, there is only one way out. to go where the device can normally catch the signal. By the way, a weak network can cause the Internet to simply work very slowly.
No. 2. Network indicator on iPhone
- The option "Data transfer" is not connected in the settings. All modern smartphones have this option. In the settings, you can easily turn it off.
However, depending on the specific smartphone model, the location of this item will be completely different. For example, in phones with the Android platform it can be found in this way:
- go to settings;
- select the item “.” (Figure No. 3.a);
- go to the menu "Mobile network" (figure №3.b);
- put a tick in front of the item “Mobile data transfer” (Figure No. 3.c).
No. 3. “Data transfer” item in Android phones
As mentioned above, in different operating systems, this item will be located in different places, but its name will always be approximately the same.
- The automatic registration in the network did not occur after it was gone for some time. This phenomenon may occur after the subscriber leaves the metro or simply returns from places where the Internet did not work.
This is especially true for 3G networks. In this case, there is also one single way to fix everything and it consists in rebooting your device, that is, turn it off and on again.
Depending on the phone model, this process occurs in different ways, see the instructions.
Pay attention to the Wireshark program. It is used to analyze network traffic and parse data packets, for which the pcap library is used. This significantly reduces the number of packages available for parsing, since you can only parse packages that are supported by this library.
To exclude this option, you should go to the Internet settings on your phone and find there the items associated with the APN, that is, the access point.
Depending on the model, the location of this item may also differ, but APN will remain APN in any case.
There are two ways to fix this problem:
- Request settings from the operator.
- Manually set up a network connection.
Lighter, of course, is the first option. To find out how to request such settings, you should contact the operator or go to the website of your mobile operator.
Information on the most common of them can be seen in table 1.
Table 1. Request for Internet settings for the most popular mobile operators