From time to time, users experience problems while installing new software on their iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. The latest iOS 11.2 update was no exception to the rule. It turned out that several owners of i-devices at once stated that iOS 11.2 is not installed. What to do if you are unable to update your iPhone on iOS 11.2?
Why iPhone is not updated on iOS 11.2
The first thing that mobile users encountered was that the iOS 11.2 update didn’t come on the iPhone and iPad. Some have already installed the firmware, others cannot wait for a reminder to appear on the icon about the release of the new firmware. In this case, you must do:
1. Check if you have a developer profile installed. If so, you must delete it. To do this, open the Settings. General. Profile application. Select iOS Beta Software Profile and click on the “Delete Profile” button. After that, just reboot your device and check if the iOS 11.2 update has arrived
2. If the iPhone did not receive an iOS 11.2 update, force the device to reboot.
For versions below the iPhone 7/7 Plus: sequentially hold on the power button, then simultaneously on the HOME button until the display lights up; after that we release the buttons one by one. first the power button, then the HOME button.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus: the same thing, only instead of the HOME button we will press the volume down button.
For iPhone 8: press and quickly release the volume up button, then the same with the volume down button, then press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
For iPhone X: press and hold the side button and the volume up or down button until the slider appears, then use the slider to turn off the iPhone, after turning off the iPhone X, press the side button again and hold it until the apple logo appears.
Video: Why Not Install iOS 12 4
I can’t install iOS 11.2. how to fix it?
During the upgrade process, some users were unable to install iOS 11.2. The process is interrupted at the download stage, for some, an error appears at the installation stage. In this case, we recommend using one of the proposed methods:
If you can’t install iOS 11.2, try restarting the phone, waiting for a while and trying to download the update over the air (OTA) again through the Settings. General. Software Update application. The problem may not be on your side, but on the side of the Apple servers.
If you can’t install iOS 11.2 via Wi-Fi, try updating the software via iTunes. Previously, we recommend that you back up all data.
1. Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and click on the “Update” button.
Installing iOS 11.2 manually. for advanced users.
1. First you need to download the IPSW file for iOS 11.2 firmware for your device model and make a backup of all the data on your gadget.
2. Connect the device to the computer using USB and launch iTunes. Click on the icon of your device.
3. Next, press the Shift key on Windows or Alt / Option on the Mac and then the “Restore iPhone” button. You will be asked to specify a previously downloaded file. select it and wait for the installation process to complete.
4. After that, restore all data from the backup made in the first step.
If none of the methods described above worked or you are not an advanced user, then you can use the Tenorshare ReiBoot program, which will do everything for you.
If you tried all the solutions we listed, but you can’t download or update applications, you can fix your operating system using the iPhone-Tenorshare ReiBoot repair tool, which provides a FREE solution to fix all iOS problems. Now let’s see how it works.
Step 1: Click the “Solve all iOS Hangs” button in the main window to enter system recovery.
Step 2: Click “Fix Now” and download the firmware package.
Step 3: She will install the latest firmware. Then you can get the updated iPhone X.