For those who want to purchase a Sony Playstation 4 game console, the actual issue is the differences between the PS4 PRO, PS4 and SLIM models. To determine which one is right for you, you need to know the capabilities and characteristics of each. In this article, we will analyze their advantages and disadvantages, and we will be able to understand which of the 3 PS4 to choose.
Comparison of PS4, PS4 SLIM, PS4 PRO
Differences PS4 from Sony Playstation 4 PRO
Let’s see what SP4 PRO is all about. First of all, no matter what they say, there are differences from SP4.
1. The main difference is the increase in hardware capacity. Take at least the capabilities of the graphic chip of the console, which is significantly different from the chip of its relatives. PS4 and SLIM 1.82 teraflops, while PRO equipped with powerful GPUs in as many as 4.2 teraflops.
2. Other characteristics have also grown according to unofficial data. The GPU has the same 8 cores, but now they work at a frequency of 2.1, unlike the previous 1.6. The amount of memory has not changed, but the bandwidth speed has changed from 175 GB to 220 GB.
Sony Playstation 4 Pro
3. The hard drive has been changed to a newer model with HDD, and the volume will now be from 1 TB. At 500 GB, disk space for the PS4 PRO is a thing of the past.
4. Another minor advantage is the increase in the number of USB ports from 2 to 3 pieces.
5. Also, a distinctive feature novelty will be the fact that now you can broadcast the game on the Internet or on other devices in the best Full HD quality. Prior to this, in the classic PS4 version, this could only be done in HD. And you can take screenshots with a resolution of 3840 by 2160 pixels, of course, if your TV allows it.
Now we summarize all the technical specifications of the PS4 PRO in one list.
- Processor (main). custom CPU chip. x86 AMD Jaguar, eight-core; GPU. 4.2 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon.
- Weight slightly over 3.2 kg.
- GDDR 5 8 GB memory.
- Dimensions. 295x327x55 mm. (Width, height, length, respectively).
- Drive. BD VAC six speed, DVD CAV eight speed.
- I / O ports. 3 USB v1 ports, AUX port. 1.
- Power supply. AC 50-60 Hz.
- Connection type. Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100 BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T). IEEE 11 a / b / g / n / AC, Bluetooth 4.0.
- AV output. HDMI (4K / HDR output).
- Hard Drive. 1 TB SSD.
- The normal operating temperature is 5-35 degrees Celsius.
Video: What is the difference between Sony Playstation 4 Pro Consoles
What games are needed for the PS4 PRO
All projects that worked on the PS4 will work on the PS4 PRO, there is no difference in version here. In order to use them you only need to log in to your account using the new gaming device. And all the applications that you used will be on the new version of the game console. And some of the games will work even better.
As it was before, game developers are releasing new versions of PS patches for existing projects. This is done to improve the games on the new console, so that gamers can take a fresh look at the game, see something new in it. Some of the developers are pulling up FPS from previous versions of the game, trying to increase the refresh rate of the frame for a more realistic display of actions on the screen. The new PS4 PRO features provide new opportunities for game developers.
In some cases, these opportunities are implemented in different ways. Developers who develop the game for PS Tomb Raider give users a choice between two modes.
- In one of them you can achieve excellent display frames at 60 FPS;
- The second. the most vivid and colorful effects, which are implemented by means of Full HD, but with lower FPS.
Defining PS4 versus PS4 SLIM
The PS4 SLIM game console has no cardinal differences from the classic PS4. Let’s look at those that are still in it.
1. The body itself, which is called accordingly, lost about 30% in weight. Now SLIM also consumes less electricity by as much as 25%. In version 4, all PS versions received HDR support.
2. In SLIM, the gamepad also has some differences. An indicator has appeared near the touch panel that will repeat the color of the main one. The weight of the controller has become less, and the side with which the hands touch most often has become rougher for better retention. Now, when the PS4 SLIM is connected by cable to the Dualshock, it will also transmit the signal through it. In general, these are all the main differences from the classic PS4, apart from another type of difference. the price, which is slightly lower than the classics.
PS4 SLIM Specifications
Let’s look at specifications that are close to the classic PS4.
Sony Playstation 4 Slim
- HDMI. 2.0a.
- RAM. 8 GB.
- The hard drive is 500, 408 GB is available for its needs, the rest of the memory is reserved for system needs. If desired, the usual hard can be replaced with an SSD.
- Microprocessor Type: AMD Jaguar, which has a Radeon8 teraflops graphics accelerator.
- Weight. 2.11 kg, dimensions: 265x288x39 mm.
- There is HDR (high dynamic range. a special function for improving the image with excellent color reproduction).
- 4K video support.
- Drive. Blue Ray / DVD.
- Ultra HD and Blue Ray are not supported in games. Only HD.
- There is Ethernet.
- 2 USB ports
- No S / PDIF.
- New Dualshock 4 controller.
- Wi-Fi a / b / n / g / ac (Dual Band).
- Resolution. 1920×1080 with 60Hz.
- The graphics processor. when compared with popular computer models, it is similar to the Radeon HD 7870 line, which has 18 processing units.
From the technical specifications described, we can see that the Sony Playstation 4 is the starting point for the differences between other types of game consoles. It can be noted that PS4 SLIM has a significant difference from PS4 only in its dimensions, having a thinner (from the English Slim. thin) body. He received some new technologies, and also consumes significantly less electricity by as much as 25%. It has another advantage over other versions. its price.
If we talk about the PS4 PRO, then there is a big difference in technical specifications. The changes concern all modules of the game console; they even touched the hard drive. The difference in price between the PS4 and PS4 PRO is not small and amounts to more than 100 (about 420 per console). But if we test in games, then you will not notice a big difference in the picture itself. This is due to the fact that there are practically no games that would be specifically designed for this version of the console. For all the existing games that were made for the classic version of PS, the Sony Playstation 4 Slim is enough. The choice is yours. The differences in the PS4 Slim, PS4 and PS4 PRO are by and large minimal.