- Open the screen / application you want to photograph;
- Press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time;
- Done! Your screenshot will be taken in seconds. The screen will blink, and a characteristic sound will be heard from the speaker.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are by far one of the coolest Android smartphones in 2017. But do not forget that the manufacturer equipped the devices with frameless displays, while sacrificing the usual physical key under the screen. While Samsung has replaced almost all the features offered by this key with other tools, classic screenshot taken. In our guide, we present two main ways how to take a regular and long screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Method 1. How to take a screenshot using the keyboard shortcut
This method works on almost every Android smartphone, but there are some additional options on the Samsung phone. Follow this instruction:
- Select the area on the screen that you want to capture
- At the same time Press and hold the volume down button and power button.
- You will hear the camera shutter sound, as well as a short blinking animation, that’s all!
- Now you can see the screenshot in the “Gallery” application or in the built-in file manager, for this, go to “My files” or in Google Photos.
- If you need to find screenshots from the command line or through the Android File Transfer tool, they will be available in / pictures / screenshots.
Video: Screenshot Samsung Galaxy 8
Method 2. How to take a screenshot with a swipe across the screen
The Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus have another interesting feature for taking screenshots. We think it’s easier to take a screenshot compared to holding keys. Although, if you use the larger Galaxy S8 Plus, it will be a little more difficult for you to do this. Here’s what you need to do:
- Simply swipe the screen from the edge from left to right.
- As in the first method, you will hear the sound of the camera shutter and see a short animation on the screen.
This method is enabled by default, but you can disable it in the settings if it is required (if you accidentally take screenshots during normal use). To disable the swipe to capture the screen, do the following:
- Enter the settings menu.
- Scroll down to “Motion” and select “Gestures and Gestures”.
- Press “Swipe with your finger” to take a picture.
- Press the toggle switch to turn the function on and off.
How to take a long screenshot on the Galaxy S8
Sometimes you need to capture more, for example, the entire page of a site from top to bottom. The good news is that you don’t need to take a few screenshots with your Galaxy S8 smartphone. You can simply use a long screenshot and capture one large long shot of the display, which will fit everything. This feature is familiar to us since MIUI 8 on Xiaomi smartphones, and on Samsung phones it appeared since Galaxy Note 5. Here’s how it works on the Galaxy S8.
- Make a regular screen in any way
- Click Capture to scroll down and capture more of the screen.
- Keep clicking on this option until you lock in what you need or reach the bottom of the page.
It’s worth replacing that long shots take up a lot of space in the smartphone’s memory, here’s how Samsung fights it. Normal screens are displayed in full resolution. 2690 × 1440 pixels. But as soon as you start swiping down the screen, the image width decreases to 1080 pixels wide, and the whole screenshot is saved in JPEG format and instead of PNG.
In this format, a screenshot is easier to share on a social network or by mail, and it also saves traffic. True, if your screenshots are very long, they can drag out by 7-10 megabytes.