To install the firmware on Redmi 4, first we’ll prepare the mobile device itself and the computer from which we will flash it.
- On the computer you need to install the previously downloaded MiFlash program (27 Mb). Unpack the archive, run the exe file, which will install the program and drivers for connecting the smartphone to the computer (ADB Driver and QDLoader).
- Download the Stable ROM global firmware from the link and save it to your computer.
- Turn off the driver digital signature verification on the computer and reboot it.
When the computer has already downloaded the necessary files, they must be unzipped and saved so that the path to the content contains only Latin letters. When choosing firmware, it is better to look at unofficial options (custom ones), because they, unlike the official firmware, contain an improved version of the translation into Russian. At the same time, we do not recommend choosing firmware in which there are a lot of differences from the classic version.
Video: Reflash Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
It is also worth considering that if your phone still has global firmware, then you can connect to the computer to change it via regular USB. If the firmware is not global, then you need an engineering cable.
Installing software on a computer
Now we need to install MiFlash on the computer and indicate in the program the path to the downloaded firmware. If during installation a window appears warning that the creator of the installed programs is unknown, agree and continue the installation anyway.
When installing drivers, be careful. In archives, as a rule, they come in two versions. for 32-bit and 64-bit systems. You need to check what type of operating system is on your computer.
Putting your phone in EDL mode
To install the firmware on the phone, you need to put it into EDL mode. To do this, do the following:
- Turn off the smartphone.
- We simultaneously hold down the volume up button and the device on / off. When the Mi logo appears, you can release the power button, but keep increasing the volume until you see a menu in Chinese in front of you.
- Several menu items have been translated into English, and one of them is Download. We select this option, the phone screen goes out, and now it can be connected to a computer.
Launch the MiFlash program, click on the “Refresh” button to display the connected mobile device, then select the “Browse” button, indicating the program the path to the folder with the firmware. Click on “Flash” and flash. When the process is finished, in the program window you will see the inscription: “The device is updated!”.
To turn on the phone, disconnect the USB cable, hold down the power button until vibration and wait about 5-10 minutes. this is how many gadgets are launched for the first time after changing the firmware.
If you did everything right and got to the start-up screen, then congratulations. now Xiaomi Redmi 4 has new software!