When a user purchases a new smartphone from Huawei, he expects to receive the expected. But, unfortunately, the expectation does not always coincide with reality. Sometimes there are hidden defects, flaws or imperfections.
For example, many users of Huawei’s mobile devices are running out of memory on their phones. So, the owner installs applications on his smartphone, actively uses the device, and the system then gives out that there is not enough memory, refusing to download programs. After that, the user understands that the memory is completely full.
In this case, most owners want to move applications from the phone to an external memory card, but even here, users sometimes encounter problems. Someone does not know how to move files, but this method does not help others, since not every program can be moved. There is also another category of users. Some users cannot transfer applications, because there is simply no support for a memory card in a mobile device. But one can also find a way out of this situation.
Reasons for lack of free memory
The built-in memory on a Huawei mobile device can be divided into 2 types:
- Random access memory. the memory intended for storage of temporary files. If you turn off the power of the smartphone, then the RAM will be cleared. In addition, the system performance depends on the RAM. Probably, all owners of smartphones at least once paid attention that the smartphone thinks and hangs for a long time before executing a user command. This means that the amount of RAM is not enough for the correct operation of the device. To do this, clean it. The reasons for the lack of RAM: running several heavy programs; the device has many temporary files, many programs run in the background.
- Internal memory is the memory where the information and files of the user of the Huawei smartphone are stored. The reasons for the lack of such memory are logical. there are a lot of files on the media. You need to delete unnecessary files.
Thus, if everything is relatively clear with the internal memory (open “Files” on the device, manually deleting unnecessary files), then not all users of Huawei’s mobile devices are aware of the ways to clean up RAM.
Video: Not Enough Memory On Huawei Phone
Ways to clear memory
These methods can be used absolutely free for every user of a Huawei smartphone. The user can choose the most preferred way for him to clear the memory.
There are some of the most popular ways to clear memory:
- using the available functionality;
- third-party applications;
- through the computer.
Find out the amount of free RAM in Huawei smartphones as follows:
- press the “List of recent” tasks on the navigation bar (square icon);
- see free space below (for example, 1.5 GB of 4 GB is free).
In addition, in the same menu, next to the inscription about free memory, there is a basket icon. The user can click on it, closing all recent programs, as well as freeing up additional RAM.
Cleaning with standard features
The important procedures for clearing memory on a Huawei mobile device are as follows:
- flushing application cache;
- removal of programs;
- delete unnecessary files.
Often these actions can take a lot of time, but, most importantly, they will bring results.
In order to clear the application cache on a Huawei phone, the user needs to follow these steps:
- Open mobile device settings.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Click on the line “Applications”.
- After that, a list of all the programs that are installed on the Huawei smartphone will open.
- In order to clear the cache of a specific application, the user should select a program, click on its name. A new window will open.
- In the program information, click on the line “Memory”.
- Then click “Clear Cache”.
After that, the cache of this program will be cleared. You can repeat these steps with other applications.
Clear browser history
The browser also stores many temporary files that leave a lot of garbage in memory. To clear the memory, you can use the following algorithm:
- Open used browser.
- In the side menu, select “History”.
- Press the “Clear History” key.
- Then confirm your decision by clicking on the “Delete Data” button.
After that, the history and temporary files will be deleted from the mobile device.
Sometimes the system notifies the user that there is not enough free memory in the device. Most often this happens when trying to install a new program. One way to clear memory is to remove unnecessary applications.
There are 2 ways to uninstall a program:
- Click on the icon on the desktop, and then drag the file to the trash or to the inscription “Delete”.
- Via smartphone settings.
The second method implies that the user needs to go into the phone’s settings, go to the “Applications” section, and then select a program in the drop-down list, click on it. After that, press the “Delete” key. The program will be deleted from the device, which means that some memory will be freed.