The article discusses the troubleshooting of typical hardware problems of the Nokia 6500 slide mobile phone. General approaches to resolving some malfunctions may also be useful in the repair of other NOKIA mobile phones manufactured on the BB5 platform.
The Nokia 6500 slide mobile phone belongs to the 2007 model line. Initially, the device was positioned as a flagship solution among devices on the Nokia Series 40 platform, combining "non-smartphones" Finnish manufacturer. By modern standards, the technical parameters of this device can be called basic. In his asset there is support for 30 networks. 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus and flash, 2.2-inch display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels, Bluetooth and a slot for microSD memory cards. over, in "Nokia 6500 slide" a rather strong image component, emphasized by a body with metal elements. To date, the market cycle of the model in the primary market is completed, but it is quite actively sold in the secondary market at a price of 2500 to 4000 rubles, depending on the region and state of the phone. Key Specifications "Nokia 6500 slide" are given in table 1.
Table 1. Main technical specifications of Nokia 6500 slide
96.5 x 46.5 x 16? 4 mm, 125 g
Nokia Series 40 5th Edition
20 MB, microSD card slot (up to 4 GB)
240 x 320 pixels
Supported Cellular Networks
GSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 850/2100
3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus and flash, front CIF camera for video calls, Bluetooth, JAVA, GPRS / EDGE / 3G, FM radio
Rechargeable battery (battery)
Li-Ion, brand BP-5M, capacity 900 mAh
Please note, sometimes on the market there are Chinese-made devices that seem to almost completely copy the design "Nokia 6500 slide". over, part of the fakes are almost indistinguishable from the original by using the same housing elements as the original model. Without disassembling the device, a fake can be detected by the camera module (as a rule, fakes are equipped with 0.3 megapixel cameras), the appearance of the SIM card and memory card slots, as well as the device software (software). After disassembling, it’s easier to identify a fake. the basis of the hardware platform of fakes for "Nokia 6500 slide" are the logic sets of MediaTek Inc. Photo board original "Nokia 6500 slide" and one of its copies are shown in Fig. 1.
Fig. 1. The board of the original model Nokia 6500 slide (a) and counterfeit for it (b)
For disassembling "Nokia 6500 slide" The following tools will be needed:
1. Tweezers with curved jaws.
2. Screwdriver with TorxPlus No. 5 profile, Phillips screwdriver.
3. The device SS-93, which is a paddle made of soft plastic. In its absence, you can use "putty knife" from a set of children’s plasticine. With some skill, this tool may not be required.
4. The plate is made of soft plastic with a thickness of approximately 0.5 mm (SRT-6). In its absence, you can use the old SIM-card or any other suitable thickness plate made of soft plastic.
The disassembly of the Nokia 6500 slide is performed in the following order:
1. Turn off the phone, remove the back cover, remove the battery, SIM card and memory card.
2. Unscrew the 4 screws holding the back cover of the phone and, prying it off the digital keypad of the device (releasing the latches), remove it (Fig. 2a, b).
3. Putting the phone on the side, first disconnect the keyboard cable, and then the circuit board cable. Raise the system board up, while gently freeing it from the keyboard cable. When removing the telephone system board, sharp movements should be avoided so as not to damage the cables and connectors (Fig. 2c).
4. Remove the numeric keypad, after tilting it a little on yourself, until the latches are released. In this case, the phone must be positioned with the display towards you (Fig. 2d).
5. Unscrew the 4 screws holding the front panel of the device (Fig. 2e, e).
6. Carefully, in order not to damage the circuit board, lift and remove the slider mechanism. For the free passage of the circuit board through the slider mechanism, it should be opened by about half.
7. Disconnect the display from the corresponding connector on the circuit board.
8. Remove the plastic cover securing the keyboard board.
9. Remove the circuit board.
10. Remove the display.
The assembly of the apparatus is carried out in the reverse order.
Fig. 2. Dismantling the Nokia 6500 slide
Examination of typical faults will be carried out in the form of step-by-step instructions in which the transition to each next step is carried out only in the absence of positive results in the previous step. If faulty elements are detected at any of the steps, they are replaced, after which the device’s operability is checked and, if the malfunction is not resolved, go to the next step. To repair the phone will require its circuit and wiring diagrams. In some cases, instead of replacing the corresponding ICs, their dismantling with subsequent installation may be sufficient, since the cause of the phone’s inoperability may be soldering defects.
Before starting repair operations, the following methods are used to visually inspect the telephone card (preferably under a microscope) for mechanical damage and missing / damaged elements, as well as traces of liquid exposure. If such defects are found, they should be eliminated (remove oxides, replace damaged elements, restore printed conductors). Key elements "Nokia 6500 slide" are given in table 2.
Table 2. The main functional components of the Nokia 6500 slide
Primary Power Controller (Energy Management ASIC)
Auxiliary Power Controller (Energy Management ASIC)
Radio Module Controller (PF ASIC)
Camera graphic and control processor
The terminal amplifier of the radio module for 2G networks (GSM)
2G Network Radio Terminal Amplifier (WCDMA)
38.4 MHz crystal oscillator (clock signal N7505)
Combo Memory IC (512Mbps NOR, 256Mbps DRAM)
Backup battery used to power part of the cells during removal of the main battery
Bluetooth module and FM receiver
Hall sensors used to determine the opening / closing of the slider mechanism
Battery Connection Contacts
Light sensor to control the brightness of the backlight
IC interface for image output to a TV
MicroSD slot combined with SIM slot
Audio and video connector
The Nokia 6500 slide uses a BP-5M battery with a capacity of 900 mAh. This type of battery is equipped with a 3-pin connector, the location and purpose of the contacts of which are shown in table 3.
Table 3. Battery assignment for BP-5M batteries
Battery Status Indicator
Battery output voltage
The BSI conclusion serves to indirectly determine the battery capacity and control its temperature condition. Technically, the BSI pin is the midpoint of a resistor voltage divider connected between GND and VBAT. Temperature monitoring is achieved by using a thermistor divider in one of the arms. In phone "Nokia 6500 slide" The BSI pin of the battery is directly connected to pin L11 of the N2200 power controller.
In many Nokia phones, BSI voltage can be used for other purposes, so it’s from the power supply (when connected in a classic way "" block. to VBAT, and "-" block. to GND) such phones do not start. To solve this problem, you can use either special service power supplies, originally equipped with a BSI pin, or adapters made independently. The basis for the manufacture of such an adapter can, for example, be a battery of the corresponding type, in which, instead of a bank, lines are connected to the contacts of the battery electronics "" and "-" power supply unit. When checking the phone’s operability from the power supply, a voltage of 4.2 V should be applied to it, which corresponds to a fully charged battery.
Also, applying a certain potential to the BSI contact allows you to load the phone in service mode (see. Fig. 3). For "Nokia 6500 slide" a 7.5 kΩ resistor must be installed in the BSI circuit (the other options shown in Fig. 3 are designed for phones on other hardware platforms or for other models on the BB5 platform).
Fig. 3. Contact arrangement of the Nokia 6500 slide service interface connector
The generalized diagnostic technique for the Nokia 6500 slide phone
The phone does not turn on
Note. If the phone turns on, but some of the functions do not work, go to the procedure for eliminating the corresponding malfunction.
Before proceeding directly to the diagnosis of the phone itself, you should check the health of its battery and, if necessary, charge it with a charger (charger). The first step in diagnosing the phone is to determine the current consumption and the reaction to pressing the power button of the device, for which they connect it to a power source, and then press the power key.
If the current consumption is 0, and there is no reaction to the power button, then:
1. Check the status of the contacts of the battery connection (the presence of contact between them and the corresponding control points on the phone board).
2. Install a known-good battery into the phone and connect it to the charger. If there is no reaction to connecting the charger, first check the health of the charge circuits. If there is a reaction to connecting the memory, check the health of the power button of the phone and its circuits: vyv. D9 IC N2200 (test point W2200), filter Z2405 (EMF10-LCD02F3, signal flow can be checked on capacitor C2410), 14th pin of connector X3500, signal at test point J2526 on the upper keyboard board, inductance L2525, L2526.
If current consumption exceeds 0.5 A, disassemble the phone, disconnect all the cables (display, keyboard, camera) from the main board of the device and look for very hot elements. In the event that a short circuit protection is triggered in the power supply, the test is performed with a lower output voltage of the power supply (1.2 V recommended). After the heating elements are detected by the telephone circuit, they determine which circuits they are in and remove them from the board (it is permissible for peripheral circuits to remove the elements of the transceiver path, the Bluetooth module, charge circuits, etc.) or replace them with obviously working ones. Before replacing the IMS, the correctness of their strapping should be checked.
If a response to the power button is present, and the current consumption does not exceed 0.5 A (typical value 100. 200 mA) then:
1. Check the supply voltage of the main elements of the phone (table 4).
2. Connect the phone to the computer and, using the Phoenix program, perform a device test (selftest). If errors are detected in its process, they proceed to the procedure for eliminating the corresponding malfunction.
3. Using the Phoenix program, they perform a display health check. If errors are detected, they proceed to the troubleshooting procedure for the display module.
4. Update the device software.
Table 4. Main power voltages of Nokia 6500 slide
Nominal value, V
Availability in Sleep
CPU, RAM, display, peripheral modules
Hall sensor, TV output
Power supply for radio elements
Present when a radio path is active
Radio path reference
Power Digital Processor Circuits
Present depending on the mode
Camera Module Power
No standby time
Camera Module Power
Camera Module Power
Memory card power
Sleep – mode "sleep", after some idle time, the phone switches to Sleep, at the same time, some of the blocks are turned off to save battery power. Idle – mode "idle move" or "expectations", the phone is on and not in use.
In case of failures during the upgrade process, they proceed to the method of eliminating Flash programming errors.
Table 5. SIM card slot
Nokia 6500 slide number
SIM card supply voltage
SIM controller reset signal
Information line used to exchange information between the phone and the SIM card
The phone does not charge and does not respond to the charger connection
Before proceeding to the phone’s diagnostics, it is necessary to check the condition of the battery and charger by replacing them with obviously working ones.
1. Connect the phone to the computer and using the Phoenix program in mode "ADC Reading" Read the current battery parameters (EM Calibration), including voltage and charging current. If the charging current is more than 100 mA, but there is no indication of the battery charge, update the phone software.
Video: Nokia 6500 Slide Does Not Turn On
2. Using the Phoenix program, check the battery temperature (BTEMP) set in the phone. Normal values for this parameter are within.30. 85 ° C in operating mode and 0. 60 ° C during charging. If the actual battery temperature is within normal limits, and the phone shows a value that does not correspond to reality, check the R2071 thermistor (47 kOhm).
3. When the charger is connected, check the voltage on the capacitor C2001. If it is less than 3.0 V, check the elements of the charge circuit. connector X2000, fuse F2000 (2A), voltage limiter R2000 (ESDA18-1F2), capacitors C2002 (100 nF), C2001 (470 nF), C2000 (27 pF ) As a rule, in the event of a failure of the F2000, the R2000 is also the most frequently replaced.
4. Successively change the IC N2300 and N2200.
The phone flash memory programming process does not start
When trying to update / restore software errors occur, this procedure does not start. Before proceeding to the phone diagnostics, you should check the correctness of the cable used, the status of the interface connector (Fig. 4) and the correctness of the Phoenix settings.
1. After starting the programming process, check the presence of a log on pin 3 (TXD) of the service connector. "1" (2.5 V).
2. If programming is via the USB interface, measure the resistance, respectively, between pin 2 of the USB connector (D-) and pin 3 of the service connector (TXD), and also between pin 3 of the USB connector (D) and pin 5 of the service connector (RXD). If it is more than 40 Ohms, replace R2007 (IP4065CX11_LF).
3. When programming through the service connector at the test point J2803 (during programming of the Flash memory), a voltage of 1.8 V is checked. If it is absent, it is advisable to recognize the telephone system board as unrepairable, or try replacing the processor with I1U1C Flash memory.
Flash programming crashes
The Flash programming procedure starts, but errors occur during its execution.
When a message appears "External RAM test failed" It’s advisable to recognize the phone’s motherboard as non-repairable, or try replacing the processor along with the Flash IC.
When a message appears "Phone does not set TXD line high after VCC is switched on":
1. On the capacitor C2215 check for the presence of voltage VIO (1.8V).
2. On the C2816 capacitor, check for the presence of VDRAM voltage (1.8 V).
3. In the absence of these voltages, the capacitors C2213, C2215, C2216, C2217, C2220 (all 1.5 μF), C2222 (1 μF), C2227 (1.5 μF), C2816, C2817, C2818, C2819, C2820, are checked. C2821, C2822 (all. 100 nF).
4. If the capacitors are serviceable, and the indicated voltages are absent, replace the N2200 IC with a known-good one.
The phone does not recognize the memory card
The phone turns on and works, but it does not detect a memory card.
Before proceeding to the diagnosis of the phone, you should make sure that the memory card is working and check the status of the microSD slot. If oxides or contaminants are found, they must be removed before further testing. A sign of serviceability of the memory card interface is the successful completion of the operations of reading and writing information to the memory card.
1. On the capacitor C4801 check the presence of voltage VSD (2.85 V).
2. If there is no voltage, VSD checks for the presence of a log. "0" on capacitor C4805 (signal SD_HOT_SWAP). If the signal level SD_HOT_SWAP with a memory card installed in the slot corresponds to the log. "1", check the capacitor C4805 (27 pF), the resistor R4801 (100 Ohms), the varistor R4803 (VWM14V / VC50V).
3. Change the filter Z4800 (EMIF06-HMC01F2).
4. Change the N4800 level converter (IP4852CX23_LF).
USB interface does not work
When connected to a computer, the phone is not recognized, data exchange between the phone and the computer does not occur. Before proceeding to the diagnosis of the phone, make sure that the cable is working "telephone computer".
1. Visually check the status of the microUSB connector.
2. Check for an electrical circuit between the 2 pin of the USB connector (D-) and the pin 3 of the service connector (TXD), as well as between the pin 3 of the USB connector (D) and the pin 5 of the service connector (RXD). If it is more than 40 Ohms, replace R2007 (IP4065CX11_LF).
3. With the cable connected "telephone computer" check for the presence of a voltage of 5 V on the capacitor assembly C2312. If not present, check C2312 (2×1.5 μF).
4. On the capacitor C2303 (1 μF), check for the presence of VCCint voltage (3.3 V). In its absence, replace the N2300 IC.
The phone does not recognize the SIM card
When a SIM card is inserted, the phone displays a message "Insert SIM card".
Before proceeding to the diagnosis of the phone, make sure that the SIM card is working.
1. Check the status of the SIM slot.
2. On pin 1 of the SIM slot (test point J2700), check the SIM card supply voltage (1.8 / 3 V). In its absence, the capacitors C2700 (100 nF), C2701 (27 pF), C2220 (2×1.5 μF) are checked. If capacitors are in good condition, replace the N2200 controller.
3. Check the chokes L2700 (39 nH), L2701 (39 nH), L2702 (39 nH) and the presence of electrical communication between the test points J2701, J2702, J2703 and the corresponding contacts of the SIM card connector (respectively, I / O, CLK, RST )
4. Replace the IC N2200.
TV out does not work
The phone turns on, works, but when the TV cable is connected, the image is not displayed on the TV. When considering this malfunction, it is assumed that the image is displayed normally on the phone’s display, and the TV’s output is turned on in the phone’s settings (Settings.> Enhancements.> TV Cable.> Activate TV Out).
1. Check the status of the TV cable connector (X2001).
2. Check the resistors R2431 (2 kOhm), R2432 (56 Ohm).
3. Check the inductor L2432 (820 nH), the resistor R2430 (75 Ohms), the capacitor C2435 (270 pF).
4. Check the inductance L2001 (600 Ohm / 100 MHz), the varistor R2004 (VWM14V / VC50V), the capacitor C2004 (27 pF).
5. Check the presence of voltages on the capacitors: C2431. 18.104.22.168 V (VIO), C2430. 22.214.171.124 V (VTVO_CORE), C2432. 126.96.36.199 V (VPLL), C2434. 2.66.2, 86 V (VAUX).
In the absence of any of these voltages, the corresponding elements are checked:
– VIO: C2431 (100 nF);
– VTVO_CORE: C2430 (100 nF);
– VPLL: C2432 (100 nF), filters L2430 (600 Ohm / 100 MHz), L2431 (600 Ohm / 100 MHz), C2433 (100 nF);
– VAUX: C2434 (1.5 μF), L2425 (600 Ohm / 100 MHz), C2435 (100 nF).
6. Replace the D2430 controller (S1D13771B00B100)
There is no image on the display or it is distorted
The phone turns on, works, but the image on the display is missing or distorted.
In the phones of the folding form factor, most often problems with the display of information on the display are caused by the failure of the cable connecting the main board of the phone to the display.
1. Install a known-good display into the phone.
2. Change the mainboard to a known-good one.
3. Check the operability of the TV output. If it is faulty, repair according to the methodology discussed above.
4. Check the status of the interface connector of the circuit board, solder it if necessary.
5. Replace filters Z2403 (EMIF10-LCD02F3), Z2404 (EMIF10-LCD02F3), or replace them with jumpers according to the circuit shown in Fig. 5.
Fig. 5. Replacement of filter jumper EMIF10-LCD02F3
No display backlight
The phone works, the image on the display is present, but there is no backlight.
Before you start checking the elements of the main board of the phone, you must make sure that the display module and the circuit board are working properly by replacing with obviously good ones.
If the reason for the inoperative backlight of the display is in the phone board, measure the voltage across the capacitor C2314. If it is greater than 10 V, check the V2301 transistor (2SC5658QRS), the resistors R2303 (33 Ohms), R2304 (1 kOhm) and the X3500 connector. If the voltage across capacitor C2314 is less than 10 V, check C2314, inductor L2304 (22 μH) and converter N2301 (TPS61061YZFR).
The phone does not respond to opening / closing the slider
The phone works, but there is no reaction to opening / closing the slider mechanism, i.e. the automatic key lock does not turn on, there is no receiving / ending calls when opening / closing the phone.
Before starting the hardware diagnostics, it is advisable to reset the phone to the factory settings, perhaps this will fix the problem.
The Nokia 6500 slide phone uses two Hall sensors located on the system board (N2421, N2422) and a magnet located in the upper part of the device inside the slider mechanism to determine the fact of opening / closing the slider mechanism. The operation of the sensors can be controlled on the resistor R2407 (220 kOhm). In the passive state (with the phone closed), there is a voltage of about 1.8 V. It opens the N2421 sensor when the 15 mm slider mechanism is opened and the voltage on R2407 drops to zero. Upon further opening (more than 22 mm), the second N2422 sensor is triggered and holds a low potential after the slider is fully opened. An alternative way to check the operability of the sensors may be to alternately bring a small magnet to each of them. Type of Hall Sensor. SH248CSP
The keyboard does not work
The phone works, but does not respond to pressing some keys.
The part of the keyboard located on the upper part of the slider is a single unit with the interface loop, therefore, to check its operability, you must install a known-good circuit board loop in the phone. The numeric keypad of the device is also made in the form of a separate unit, the performance check of which can be performed by replacing with a known-good one.
If the reason for the inoperability of the keyboard is in the telephone system board:
1. If the keys located on the top of the slider malfunction, check the status of the X3500 connector and filter Z2405 (EMIF10-LCD02F3). The filter can be checked either by replacing it with a known-good one, or by installing jumpers instead of it according to the circuit shown in Fig. 5.
2. If the telephone keypad malfunctions, check the X2400 connector, C2411-C2417 capacitors (27 pF), Z2406 filter (EMIF10-LCD02F3).
3. If there is a malfunction of the side keys for volume control and camera control, first check the health of the keys themselves. If they are working, check the filters Z2408 (increase volume), Z2407 (decrease volume), Z2409 (focus the camera, middle position of the camera’s activation button), Z2410 (take pictures, lower position of the camera’s activation button). Also, when the camera control keys are inoperative, they check the chokes L2410, L2412 (both. 120 nH) and the safety resistor R2410 (0 Ohm). Filter type Z2407-Z2410. EMIF02-MIC02F3.
No keyboard backlight
The phone works, but there is no keyboard backlight.
If the backlight malfunctions, first you need to make sure that it is turned on in the phone’s settings, as well as the operability of the interface loop (for the keyboard at the top of the slider) and the numeric keypad board.
1. If there is no backlight for the keys on the top of the slider, check the safety resistors R2403, R2404 (0 Ohms), the N2401 controller (TPS75105YFFR).
2. If there is no backlight on the numeric keypad, check varistors R2443, R2444 (5.6V / 15V), resistors R2408, R2409 (both 10 ohms), controller N2401 (TPS75105YFFR).
3. If there is no backlight, check the N2401 controller (TPS75105YFFR) and the adder D2431 (74AUC1G08).
The main camera does not work
The phone works, but when the camera is activated, errors occur or the photos are distorted.
Before proceeding to the diagnosis of the telephone system board, you should check the camera module and inspect its interface connector by replacing it with a known-good one.
1. Turn on the phone, activate the camera.
2. On the capacitor C3300 check the presence of voltage VCAM_2V8 (2.8 ± 0.14 V). If it is absent, the N3300 converter (LP3987ITLX-2.85) and the C3300 capacitor assembly (2×1.5 μF) are checked. If voltage is present on the C3300, check its presence on the L3301 filter, the serviceability of the L3301 filter itself (220 Ohm / 100 MHz) and the C3303 capacitor (1.5 μF).
3. On the capacitor C3407 check the presence of voltage VCAM_1V8 (1.8 ± 0.09 V). If it is absent, the N3401 converter (LM3677TLX-1.82 / N3410), the capacitor C3407 (10 μF) are checked. The presence of input voltage on the N3401 can be checked on the capacitor C3408. If voltage is present on the C3407, check its presence on the L3300 inductance, as well as the health of the L3300 (220 Ohm / 100 MHz) and the C3302 capacitor (1.5 μF).
4. On the capacitor C3406 check the presence of voltage VCAM_1V3. If it is absent, the N3402 converter (LP5952TLX-1.3) and the C3406 capacitor (2.2 μF) are checked.
5. On the resistor R3410 check the presence of a clock signal with a frequency of 9.6 MHz and an amplitude of 1.8 V.
6. When the camera is activated, the presence of a voltage of 1.8 V is checked on the capacitor C3306.
7. At test point J3406, check for the presence of a SYSCLK signal with an amplitude of 1.8 V.
8. At the test point J3405, check for the presence of the RESET signal at the time of activation of the camera.
9. In the absence of any of these signals (paragraphs 5-8), replace the N3400 graphic coprocessor.
Flash does not work
The phone and camera work but the flash does not fire.
1. Check the condition of the pads (X3301).
2. Replace the flash module board located on the phone.
3. Check capacitors C3362 (4.7 μF), C3360 (10 μF), diode V3350 (MA21D34001JN), inductor L3352 (2.2 μH) and controller N3352 (ADP1653).
The speaker does not work
The phone works, but there is no sound in the speaker during a call.
Most often, the reason for the inoperability of conversational speakers lies either in the speakers themselves or in the circuit board (in the phones of mobile form factors. slider, folding bed).
1. Check the health of the speaker B2170.
2. Check the frequency filter L2170 (DLM11GN601SZ2D), the varistor assembly R2170 (2x16V), the state of the N3550 connector (these components are located on the circuit board). Replace the circuit board.
3. Check the status of the N3300 connector.
4. Replace the N2200 controller.
Microphone is not working
The phone works, but during the call the interlocutor does not hear the caller.
1. Check resistors R2105 (0 Ohm), R2112 (1 ohm), R2206 (0 Ohm), filters L2102, L2103 (220 Ohm / 100 MHz), capacitors C2206, C2107 (100 nF);
2. Check the health of the microphone B1202;
3. Replace the filter R2102 (EMIF03-SIM02F2), or replace it with jumpers according to the circuit shown in Fig. 6.
Fig. 6. Replacement of filter jumper EMIF03-SIM02F2
Polyphonic speaker does not work
The phone works, but there are no sounds from the polyphonic speaker.
Before starting the diagnosis, make sure that the profile is installed on the phone. "Normal" and maximum ringtone volume. It is also recommended to reset to "default".
1. Check the serviceability of the polyphonic speaker B2101 (ohmmeter for open circuit).
2. Check for contact between the polyphonic speaker and the E2100 pads.
3. Check the inductances L2106, L2107 (30 nH), filters L2108, L2109 (220 Ohm / 100 MHz), varistor assembly R2113, capacitors C2109, C2110 (27 pF);
4. Replace the IC N2200.
The vibration motor does not work
1. Check the health of the M2100 vibromotor (apply 4 V to it from an external source).
2. Check for contact between the polyphonic speaker and the E2100 pads.
3. Check the filters L2110, L2111 (240 Ohm / 100 MHz) and capacitors C2111, C2112 (27 pF), C2113 (1 nF);
4. Replace the IC N2200.
Headset does not work
The phone works, but there are problems connecting the headset (the headset microphone, speaker, etc. do not work). Before proceeding to the diagnosis of the telephone system board, you should check the headset by replacing a known working one.
1. Check the status of the headset jack.
2. If the phone does not detect the fact of connecting the headset, check the resistors R2001 (100 kOhm), R2003 (10 kOhm), capacitor C2003 (10 nF). If the indicated elements are working, the reason may be in D2800 (contact Y15).
3. If there is no sound in the headset dynamics, check the capacitors C2006 (1 μF), C2007 (1.5 μF), amplifier N2000 (TPA6130A2), filters Z2000 (IP5311CX5_LF) and L2002 (DLM11GN601SZ2D). You can check the health of the N2000 amplifier and its auxiliary circuits by the presence of a signal at the control points J2003, J2004, and filters at the control points J2011, J2012.
4. If the malfunction appears similarly to the headset microphone inoperative, check the capacitors C2004 (27 pF), C2005 (10 nF), the varistor R2004 (14V / 50V), the analog switches N2001, N2002 (TS5A6542YZTR) and the filter L2001 (600 Ohm / 100 MHz).
5. Replace the IC N2200.
Bluetooth module does not work
Before performing any work, reset
settings for values "default" and make sure that the device connected to the phone is working.
1. Check the health of the FM radio (the FM receiver and the Bluetooth module are combined in one D6000 module). If the FM receiver also does not work, check for the presence of VBAT voltages (terminal 15 D6000, capacitor C6000) and VIO (terminals 12, 32 D6000). If available, replace D6000 (LBMA48EEF2-137).
2. Check the condition of the pads and replace the Bluetooth antenna.
3. At the J6000 checkpoint, check for the presence of the LPRF-CLK signal (38.4 MHz).
4. Replace the D6000 module.
Despite the consideration of typical troubleshooting methods was carried out on the example of a mobile phone "Nokia 6500 slide", these techniques are quite versatile and can be useful in the repair of other devices manufactured on the BB5 platform. However, attention should be paid to the identity of the circuitry solutions used in them, the ratings and types of installed elements, as well as the features of their inclusion.
Literature and Internet sources
1. Glass in Nokia phones, replacing glass with jumpers // Internet portal http://nokia-repair.ru. http://nokia-repair.ru/komponenti/steklyashki-v-telefonach-nokia.html
Author: Anton Pechery (Oryol)
- Saltanov Vasily Vasilievich / 11/02/2018. 18:27
Hello Anton! Thanks for the excellent article. Question: Nokia 6500 slide1 is disconnected from time to time (often). For 1 night the battery completely discharges (not inflated) When charging in the on state it heats up approximately 40СЭ in the off state when it is charging it does not heat up. Programs for I don’t have any testing. I will be very grateful if you tell me what could be with him.
You can leave your comment, opinion or question on the above material: