Imagine that you decided to purchase a relatively new iPhone 4S (the latest generation of the phone is not yet officially sold). To celebrate, they brought the device home, cut a SIM card, inserted it into the tray and began to carefully examine the device. After several hours of playing games or listening to music, they accidentally noticed that the charged battery was almost empty. Why? Is the phone really defective? Do not hurry…
According to the stated data, this device must withstand up to eight hours of talk time and up to six hours in surfing mode on the Internet with a 3G connection. But for many users in this mode, the phone can barely stand a couple of hours, after which the battery dies. It turns out that this is due to some bugs that can be fixed in more modern firmware.
- So, for starters, you must turn off the calendar, since the events in it can spontaneously regroup, which significantly puts the battery.
- Move on. Overseas users were the first to notice that settings with a time zone play an important role. iOS constantly pings servers to update information about your location, thereby “straining” the battery. Therefore, it is recommended to disable location services, and this can be done through the menu "Settings". "Geolocation". "System Services". "Time Zone". By the way, other location services may be responsible for this behavior of your phone. For example, some applications may use GPS for certain needs that may not be necessary for you at all. just turn them off.
- Now go to the "System Services" and disable all applications that you do not use. An example is “Diagnostics and Usage”. a service that sends all the data on how and where you use your gadget to the Cupertinians. Do you need it? That is unlikely…
- You must also disable the constant updating of mail services, because this can be useful only in cases where you are waiting for an email. And this does not happen every day.
- Another “smart guy” who grabs a significant share of the battery is Siri’s voice assistant. True, you need to disable it only at will, since the system itself is used by the user quite often.
- Another piece of news from overseas iPhone lovers is that the phone periodically tries to synchronize with the iCloud cloud service, which “helps” the battery lose valuable power. It is recommended to delete the account, however, in this case, you will no longer be able to synchronize with iCloud. Whether you need it or not, everyone decides for himself.
- What else? Do not forget to turn off Wi-Fi after use, do not turn on Bluetooth unnecessarily, try to work at a lower screen brightness and, of course, turn off 3G if you do not need access to the Internet. Often, even switching to flight mode can help, but this is only possible if no one should bother you.
In fairness, we note that everything written above is also suitable for other iPhone models, including 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and 5.
It is also worth noting that some time ago, an error was found in iOS, due to which the phone could really discharge in a matter of hours. However, the same bug has long been fixed.
If we are talking about earlier versions of firmware, then we can advise you to update the operating system on the phone or, conversely, lower it. maybe this is a random firmware bug.