Hello everyone, dear readers. In today’s article, I will tell you what to do if you have lost sound on your iPad (2, 3, 4) or iPhone. In most cases, when the sound is lost on the iPad (2, 3, 4) mobile gadget or iPhone, you have to carry the device to the Apple Service Center. But perhaps you have just such a case and in order to fix the sound, simple manipulations will be required. If there is no sound, then the reasons may be as follows:
- Headphone or speaker input clogged. If you often carry your phone — in your trouser pocket or in your purse — without a case, then over a period of time small debris accumulates in the phone’s inlet holes, which interferes with the normal functioning of the device.
- Firmware flies on your iPad or iPhone. Maybe it’s such a situation that the sound has disappeared due to the fact that you either have an old version of iOS, or as a result of some manipulations with your gadget, something went wrong. In this case, updating or flashing your iPad (2, 3, 4) or iPhone will help you.
- Breakdowns requiring professional work. In most cases, if the sound has disappeared in your gadget, then the work of a professional is required here.
So, we have identified the possible reasons for the failure of your iPhone or iPad (2, 3, 4), now let’s take a closer look at each of the above items (except the third).
Video: IPad Mini 3 Missing Sound
If the entrance is clogged
As I have already said, if you like to carry your iPhone in your trouser pocket or if you are a girl, then in your purse the entrance to your phone may be clogged with small particles of garbage. I’ve already had this. Follow these steps to check if this is the case.:
- Bring your gadget to the light and check all the inputs for clogging.
- If the entrances are clogged, try cleaning them gently with a paper clip.
In order for the clip to not damage the contacts of your iPhone or iPad (2, 3, 4), you can wrap the clip in cotton wool or a rag.
If the previous way to make your device work if the sound disappeared on it didn’t help, then we move on to the second method, namely, flashing your iPhone or iPad (2, 3, 4). This is done very simply. Follow the instructions below.:
- Go to the site. www.getios.com On this site you can download the “latest” firmware for your iPad or iPhone gadget.
- In the field “Your device” select the desired field. Next, select the model and the firmware version you need. To download the file with the firmware, click the “Download” button.
After some time, the process of flashing the iPad or iPad will be completed. After shutting down, the sound may be restored.