Before the advent of fingerprint scanners, one of the most reliable ways to block smartphones was the graphic key. But it can create problems not only to thieves, but also to the owner of the phone.
If you forget the key, you will have to perform a series of manipulations with the device to gain access to it. In this article, you will learn how to unlock your unlock pattern on Huawei in several ways.
Via google account
This method requires a network connection. In the case of active mobile data transfer, two simple steps must be performed:
- exhaust all input attempts (enter the pattern key incorrectly several times);
- in the form that appears on the screen of the smartphone, enter the login and password to enter the Google account associated with the phone.
After that, the graphic key will be reset. In the event that the data transfer is inactive, you will have to find a Wi-Fi access point. To connect to it you need:
- Click on the “Emergency Call”;
- enter the code for calling the engineering menu ;
- Click on “Service tests. WLAN”;
- Connect to an available Wi-Fi hotspot.
The code for calling the engineering menu may differ depending on the model of smartphone. For example, for Huawei Y5. this is # # 3646633 # # .
Some versions of Android OS may work code # 15963 # .
With the help of third-party software
Video: How to Unlock Huawei Y5 2018
In the event that Root rights are obtained in the smartphone, the graphic key can be reset using third-party software. Aroma File Manager. The archive with the software must be downloaded and copied to the root of the memory card.
Further, the algorithm is as follows:
- launch Huawei smartphone in recovery mode;
- in the main menu, select “Install ZIP from SD card”;
- unzip the archive with the utility, as a result of which it will be launched;
- go to the data / system section;
- delete the file gesture.key from memory.
If you have a personal computer nearby, you can unlock it with it. To do this, you need to perform a few simple steps:
- install HiSuite. a proprietary utility that can be downloaded from the official website of Huawei or found on the disk bundled with the phone;
- synchronize your phone with a PC via a USB cable;
- open HiSuite;
- go along the path “Contacts”. “My e-mail”;
- open the notification curtain;
- go to the smartphone settings menu;
- unprotect with a pattern key.
If all else fails, there is a radical but guaranteed way to remove the graphic key in Huawei smartphones, as a result of which all data from the memory will be deleted.
Reset to factory settings:
- turn off the phone;
- hold down the power buttons and volume up / down key (depending on the model of smartphone);
- select “wipe data / Factory reset”;
- confirm the action.
Remember that by resetting the settings via the recovery menu, your smartphone will ask you to sign in to your Google account when you turn it on.
Without knowing the login and password for the account, you will not be able to start the device.
If you have questions, ask them in the comments.