How to put a muzzle on a dog can sometimes discourage the owner. First of all, this is due to the incorrect selection of this protective accessory. In addition, very often the dog simply does not want something to bind her and can simply resist, and refuse to wear this tool.
Some adults are quite aggressive individuals can shake their faces, trying to rip off a muzzle or refuse to continue to even walk. Thus in this article there is a need for a more detailed consideration of the issue of how to accustom the dog to a muzzle and a step-by-step consideration of why a pet may not be measured with this subject.
For what purpose is the muzzle of a dog necessary?
Any dog, regardless of its size, in some cases needs to wear a protective item. Thus, it is worth highlighting the most common situations of such urgent need:
- Such a dog as a Labrador, which is very large in size, should not be walking in public places without proper protective equipment. Although it is this breed that is friendly enough, it does not mean that the puppy will not want to frolic and grab his trouser leg or bite past a passing man.
- Large-sized individuals always cause fear among passers-by. It is also very important to note that the owner does not always manage to predict the mood of his pet. Therefore, the need for this protective item is very difficult to overestimate. In the event that it is correct to muzzle your dog, it can prevent her attack as much as possible or any inappropriate reaction.
- Even if you have a small dog, when visiting a veterinary blade you should not forget about such a protective accessory as a muzzle. Even the most friendly pet can react with unpredictable aggression to a prick or touch of a stranger. Thus, how to accustom an adult or young dog to a muzzle here also should not be overlooked by the owner.
- In the event that you are going to transport your pet in public transport, you definitely need to get a protective muzzle. This is due to the fact that most carriers simply prohibit the transportation of dogs without the presence of protective accessories.
- To accustom your pet to wearing ammunition is primarily necessary because it is necessary for the preservation of his health and life. During walking the shepherd can lift something from the ground and get poisoned. Any evil neighbor can poison the yard dogs, and your pet will become his victim. The consequence of such poisoning may be the most unpredictable, therefore, it is best to be warned and put on a protective equipment to the dog.
Features of the proper selection of protective agents for dogs
To teach an animal to wear a muzzle is primarily necessary in order to protect others as much as possible, as well as to prevent the pet from being poisoned if he decides to eat something from the ground.
However, do not forget that a muzzle is a subject that should be in the location of any pet, regardless of its age, size, and also what kind of temperament the animal has.
It does not matter to a dog for a year or just a few months, you only need to walk it if you have a muzzle, harness, leash and other things.
As for the main varieties of the necessary protective equipment, they are mostly the following:
This protective item is suitable for both medium and small pets. In the event that your dog is distinguished by large dimensional indicators, it will not be difficult for him to simply break such a muzzle. In order that the dog does not raise unwanted items from the ground, a woven leather copy is also suitable. The object does not cause any discomfort to the pet, therefore, to quickly accustom the dog to him will not make absolutely no difficulty.
It is this type of protective object that is rightfully the most durable, durable and not expensive. However, in order to tame a dog to wear such an item, it is necessary that the dog reaches a certain age and get used to the leather counterpart. In the event that the first muzzle that you put on the dog is made of metal, then the pet may not like it, he will be outraged and may hurt his master. Even veterinarians with experience sometimes fear individuals, young age, which the hosts bring to the reception.
- Muzzle of nylon.
This type of protective equipment today is considered the most popular and effective. This is due to the fact that the tool has a special ease, functionality, a fairly reasonable cost, and does not cause any discomfort to the pet. Due to the fact that the tool is fairly simple to regulate, you can acquire it with the stipulated that the pet grows up.
However, there is still one drawback here – this is that muzzles of nylon are made exclusively of open type. Therefore, if the dog wants to lift something from the asphalt, there will be no obstacles for him and he will be able to eat it easily.
Summing up, it is worth noting that if your dog is not particularly peaceful, then you should definitely buy for it a protective ammunition, like a strong muzzle.