It’s no secret that the most expensive element of the new iPhone 5s is a 4-inch Retina display, the main feature of which is a special coating that does not leave fingerprints on its surface. And since the display occupies 96% of the front surface of the phone, it most often breaks. And the main reason for breakdowns is, of course, falling from a great height onto a hard surface.
In this article, we will consider the sequence of actions required to qualitatively replace the screen of your iPhone 5s!
In order to repair iPhone 5s phones you will need a set of the following tools. special screwdrivers (including Pentalobe. Such screwdrivers can be found in the iPhone repair tool kit or in Chinese sets with many bits), a suction cup, and, of course, a new screen iPhone 5S
Remember! In order to make an iPad repair, completely different tools and a different sequence of actions will be required. Therefore, in no case, do not try to replace the screen of your tablet computer, I am guided by this instruction!
1. The first thing you should do is turn off the phone and remove the SIM card (this can be done using a regular paper clip).
2. Next, using a Pentalobe screwdriver, unscrew the two screws located at the bottom of the phone (on the sides of the charging connector).
3. Place the suction cup just above the “Home” button and carefully lift it.
Advice! Be careful and don’t use too much force: you risk damaging the internal loops of your phone.
4. Using a screwdriver with a thin straight tip, pick up the metal plate protecting the connector of the fingerprint sensor cable (Touch ID cable).
Advice! Losing this metal plate is very simple, so immediately set it aside.
5. Use a thin-headed screwdriver again, hook up the fingerprint sensor cable connector, and remove it from the slot.
Video: How to Take a Display on Iphone 5s
6. Lift the display as shown in the photo above. Remove the screws indicated by the red squares that secure the metal plate that conceals the connector that connects the display to the phone circuit board.
7. Using a screwdriver with a thin straight tip, disconnect the three connectors from the board. After that, you can safely remove the display!
8. Now we need to remove the speaker. To do this, you need to unscrew the two screws located on the metal insert under which the speaker is located. You will also need to unscrew the screw on the right that holds the Heat Shield.
Attention! The metal plate under which the speaker is hidden is fragile enough, so try not to bend it.
After that, you can disconnect the speaker itself.
9. Now let’s move on to extracting the “Home” button! To do this, you also need to unscrew the three screws.
First, unscrew the bolt holding the display thermoplate.
Then two bolts on a metal plate, under which there is a “Home” button.
Remove the metal plate and remove to the side.
After that, carefully remove the “Home” button!
10. In order to remove the thermoplate, you need to unscrew the 4 screws. After that, you can remove the thermoplate and the front camera.
11. Installing a new screen and then assembling the phone is performed in the reverse order. For clarity, I will present several photos of the process: