If you bought a brand new fitness tracker, then it must be connected to the smartphone without fail. This is necessary in order to maximize the functionality of the accessory, because it can not only take steps, but is also a full-fledged fitness tracker that can measure heart rate, analyze sleep, be an alarm clock and much, much more.
Connecting the bracelet to the smartphone is very easy, just follow the simple instructions:
- We register through a PC in the Xiaomi system.
- Download the official application called Mi Fit on a smartphone from the Play Market or the App Store, install it.
- Run the program. We accept the user agreement and click on "Entrance".
- Enter the email address and password that were specified when registering the account, click "Proceed".
- Turn on Bluetooth on the smartphone and in the application click on the line with the inscription “The device is not connected. Click to bind ».
- We select a bracelet from the list and bring the tracker closer to the smartphone, wait until the search is completed.
- After the connection is established, the capsule of the bracelet will vibrate, and you will need to click on the button. We fulfill the request.
If you couldn’t find the tracker at the stage of its detection via Bluetooth, try bringing it closer to your smartphone, or restart the program. There may also be situations when Mi Band 2 refuses to synchronize with the phone. Let’s analyze them in more detail.
Why Xiaomi Mi Band 2 does not sync with the phone
Today you will learn what to do if the Mi Band 2 bracelet does not synchronize with the smartphone, or the Mi Fit application simply does not see it. Initially, if such a problem occurs, it is necessary to check the power of the bracelet (whether it is discharged) and restart the smartphone. If these steps did not have an effect, go to one of the following methods to resolve the problem.
It is likely that synchronization with the bracelet does not occur because Bluetooth does not work on the bracelet or smartphone. You can check this guess by trying to connect the tracker to another phone or trying to exchange files via Bluetooth. The procedure is as follows:
- Disable and enable Bluetooth several times in a row.
- Repeat the connection. If the synchronization failed, turn off the bluetooth and reboot the phone.
- Repeat the connection. If again nothing works out. go to the next way to solve this problem.
This method can be successfully used if previously the Xiaomi Mi Band bracelet has already been connected to the smartphone. In the event that “before everything worked, but now it suddenly stops”, you need to:
- Go to the Mi Fit tab "Profile" and choose the Mi Band bracelet from the list of previously synchronized devices.
- In the profile tab of Mi Fit we see a notification that the Xiaomi Mi Band fitness tracker is not connected to the smartphone, so we scroll down the page and try to disconnect the device (Unpair) from our phone.
- Completely close the Mi Fit program on your iPhone or Android, then open it again and sync the devices again. After the diodes on the bracelet start flashing, select the device (Band) on the phone’s display and wait until the program completes the synchronization.
Since we use the same account, you don’t have to worry that all the previous statistics will not be saved. the data is stored on Xiaomi servers, and therefore, after re-linking the bracelet, statistics will continue to be collected and accumulated in your account.
If the phone does not see the fitness tracker
If the Mi Fit program does not want to find a bracelet, do this:
- Uninstall the program from the smartphone.
- We find on the Internet and download an older version of the program. Install it on your smartphone.
- Turn on the bluetooth and connect the bracelet to the PC via a USB cable.
- We launch the installed program and disconnect the capsule of the bracelet from the charging cord.
- If you did everything right, then in almost 90% of cases the program starts to see the bracelet. Now install the current version of the Mi Fit program, while not deleting the older version of the application.
- We synchronize the tracker with the new application and, after the connection of the bracelet is successfully completed, delete the old version of the program.
Now you know how to synchronize the bracelet with a smartphone if there is some kind of failure. If none of the methods described by us helped to solve the connection problem, then you should check the operability and authenticity of your Xiaomi fitness bracelet. But users usually perform authentication checks when they purchase a new product, and the inability to synchronize the bracelet with the phone normally indicates that the buyer is probably holding a defective or fake Xiaomi Mi Band.
If problems with synchronization arose some time after use, then wait until a new version of the software is released, after all, it is possible that the essence of the problem lies in the software itself, which will not be difficult for programmers to fix. It will take only a little time.