- Good day, I wanted to ask you how to restore a laptop to its original factory settings? I know that these settings are in a hidden section of the hard drive, but I inadvertently deleted this section and now I get an error when I try to roll back to the factory settings. The DVD did not create recovery discs and in general, it has never been possible to restore the laptop to the factory settings. What is the way out of my situation?
- Hi admin, please explain how to be. Toshiba laptop, it has a hidden partition, another C: drive and D: drive. I didn’t touch the hidden partition, but on drive D: I deleted everything and now I can’t go back to the factory settings, they say Toshiba laptops use the hidden partition and some other HDD RECOVERY folder located on the drive to restore the factory settings D :. What should I do now?
- I bought a Toshiba laptop, the instructions for the laptop say, if you want to roll back to the factory settings, press the F8 key, the recovery program will start. I clicked, but Additional download options start and that’s it. And then what to do? And another question, the first time you got a message. We recommend that you create a resuscitation medium on a USB flash drive or DVD-ROM drive, using the Recovery program, it will help you restore the contents of your computer to its original factory state, even in case of serious damage to the computer. Explain how to use this resuscitation medium in case of problems?
- Hello, tell me how to restore the factory settings of a Hewlett-Packard (HP) laptop if the beech does not load at all. When loading Windows, a blue screen appears with an error.
- Admin, answer such a question. All manufacturers of laptops complete their special program RECOVERY, which is located in a hidden section, with this program you can roll back the laptop to the factory settings in case of serious problems with the operating system. Question. Is there any alternative to this program?
How to restore the laptop to factory settings
- Note: Before you roll back to the factory settings, you can copy all the data from the C: drive and the desktop using the free Live CD.
You reboot the laptop and when loading press a certain key on the keyboard, then the program for restoring factory settings starts, here you need to be careful. The factory restore program may offer you to restore only the C: drive or restore the entire hard drive. If you select the C: drive, it means that only it will be restored to the factory settings, and the remaining partitions with your data will remain untouched. If you choose to restore the entire hard disk to the factory settings, then all the partitions you created, with all your files, will be deleted and your laptop will be in the same condition as at the time of purchase.
Owners of a Toshiba laptop need to know that in addition to the hidden RECOVERY partition, they also have the HDD RECOVERY folder located on the D: drive, it cannot be deleted either.
Note: Friends, if hidden sections on your laptop are not deleted, but the factory restore program does not work, read our article. How to restore the original settings of the laptop, if the manufacturer’s RECOVERY program does not work.
In the next window, we are warned that the C: drive will be restored to its original state, that is, everything will be deleted from it and its condition will be restored at the time of purchase of the laptop, the D: drive will remain untouched.
You cannot interrupt the operation, so make sure that the AC adapter is connected to the laptop. Click Yes and start the process of restoring the laptop to its original factory state.
The software and drivers are being installed.
Almost everything is completed, click Next,
choose a username, password for your account. Set the date, time, they are usually correct by default. If you want, you can register your laptop to extend the warranty.
The first launch of Windows. That’s all
A window appears in front of us, in it we can familiarize ourselves with the recovery options.
How to reset your HP laptop to factory settings
If the laptop does not load at all due to system errors and you want to restore its original settings, then in order not to lose your data, you can download it from any Live CD, then transfer important files to a portable hard disk, then restore the factory settings, since when restoring factory settings, all your data from the laptop will be deleted.
When you turn on the laptop, press the E sc key.
We enter the boot menu, as we see, the F11 key is responsible for restoring the factory settings. System Recovery. Press the F11 key.
The HP Recovery Manager window appears. Here we need the item "Restore the system to its original state upon delivery from the manufacturer."
Click on “Restore without backing up files” and click Next.
Now you need to disconnect all external devices: printer, scanner, mouse, click Next and the process of restoring the factory settings of the HP laptop will begin.
Is there an alternative to the factory default recovery program built into the laptop? Yes, there are Acronis True Image Home and AOMEI Backupper Standard programs and they have much more features.