Posted by seoadmin on 03/29/2017 on 08/15/2019
The question of how to leave Viber. temporarily or permanently. is periodically raised by users. Of course, this can be done, and even quite simply. Nevertheless, it is necessary to take into account a number of features of the system.
How to permanently delete your Viber account
Of course, the developers have provided the ability to delete their account. Here, this function is called deactivation.
And in order to deactivate an account in Viber, you will need to do the following:
- Launch Viber on your smartphone or tablet;
- Open the Application Settings menu. click on the three horizontal stripes in the lower right part of the screen;
- Go to the item “Confidentiality”;
- Here, select the “Disable account”;
- Accept the choice.
Done. User page deleted. How to delete completely in Viber on a computer? This can also be done. And for this:
- Run the Viber program on your PC;
- Go to your account;
- In the upper right corner of the Viber working window, click on the gear icon. thus going to the Settings section;
- Here you need to select the “Account” tab;
- In the right part of the dialog box, click on “Deactivate Viber”;
- We agree with our choice.
However, before you delete a page in Viber permanently, you need to remember that at the same time everything that is associated with this account is deleted, including the contact list, correspondence history, etc. And to restore back nothing will fail. Even correspondence with a support service will not help. In extreme cases, you can archive the history of correspondence. But you can read it only separately from the application itself. The program itself, however, remains on the device. So no one forbids registering in a new way and even on the same number. But. it is worth repeating. nothing from the previous account will be restored. You will have to create your own list of contacts, subscriptions to groups, etc. again.
Video: How to Remove Viber Computer Completely
How to remove Viber from your device
But you should distinguish between such concepts as “delete an account in Viber” and “remove Viber application”. This is far from the same thing:
- When deleting an account, the application itself remains in place;
- When the application is deleted from the phone or from the computer, the account itself remains on the server, messages can still come to it, etc. True, it will be impossible to answer now.
In order to remove Viber in your Android phone, you need to go to Device Settings, call the Application Manager and find Viber in the list of installed programs. After that, it is recommended that you first click on “Clear Cache” and “Delete Data”. And only after that click on the delete button of the application itself. For the iOS operating system, everything is somewhat simpler.
You will need to find the icon with the Viber on the device’s display, make a long press on it and wait until the Trash icon appears on the screen. Accordingly, we transfer the program icon to the Trash. We are waiting for a few seconds. Viber is removed from the device.
There are several options for removing Viber from a computer. The most commonly used one is through the Control Panel. To remove Viber from your PC in this way, you will need:
- Launch Control Panel;
- Click on the link “Programs”;
- Wait until the system builds a complete list of all the programs installed on the computer;
- Find the Viber application in this list;
- Click on the “Delete” item.
It remains only to wait a few seconds. At the same time, it is worth recalling that often one or another information about the remote program remains on the hard disk. Windows is very kind to the so-called shared resources, and therefore it is extremely rare to delete a program cleanly. As a result, the remaining service files can lead to “clutter” of the operating system, or in some cases prevent the correct installation of updates. So, if it is absolutely not planned to use Viber in the future, then it is better to delete all the remaining files and clean the registry. And this can be done either manually or with the help of utilities specially designed for this. The legendary Ccleaner, which can be downloaded from the link: http://ccleaner.org.ua/download.
And you can resort to the second method of removing Viber from a PC:
- right-click on the Viber icon on the desktop;
- in the context menu that opens, select “Find program location”;
- in the new folder, select the Uninstall file;
- run it and wait a few seconds.
You can also offer special programs for uninstalling applications: Windows Uninstaller, Uninstall Tools, or all the same Ccleaner. They will remove the program and all unnecessary service files, and clean the registry of the operating system.