It is almost impossible to avoid the appearance of operating traces on your favorite phone. Even with careful use, scratches, cracks, and abrasions may appear on the case. If the damage has become too obvious, which interfere with the normal operation of the gadget, it is better to replace the case. But, if these are minor defects, you can fix everything yourself, without even contacting a service center. What to do if appeared scratch on the phone case, how to remove or to mask a defect. more on that later in the text.
1 How to remove scratches on the phone
We recommend that you familiarize yourself
The surest way is prevention. It is much easier to prevent the occurrence of defects than to cope with them. But, if you could not save the phone, you need to solve the problem. Possible correction methods are described below.
Regular toothpaste is the best polishing agent that will not harm the device and its appearance. The composition of the toothpaste includes small abrasive particles, rubbing which on the surface you can get the effect of grinding. Consider a step-by-step plan for removing scratches from the phone.
- Prepare a small piece of fabric or a piece of cotton wool.
- Apply a drop of toothpaste to it.
- Rub the scratched area in circular motions.
- Wipe off the remaining substance with a clean cloth after removing the defect.
You can replace regular toothpaste with powder for brushing your teeth. But, in no case should you use gel-like compositions that do not include abrasive particles. Such polishing will not bring any results, except disappointment.
Attention! You can use toothpaste and powder not only to eliminate scratches on the plastic or metal part of the body, but also on the screen. But, you should do this carefully. excessive pressure on the screen can damage it.
Children’s talcum powder
Baby powder is suitable for removing scratches on the glass and the phone case. To get rid of external defects, proceed according to the following instructions.
- Dissolve talc in water. For 1 part water, you need 2 parts of powder, calculate the amount yourself, but taking into account these proportions.
- Apply the resulting polishing paste in a small amount to a piece of soft natural felt.
- Rub in a circular motion into the damaged area.
- Wipe the treated surface with a clean, dry cloth.
Attention! Paste from baby powder is only suitable for the elimination of minor scratches. It can be used after polishing with more effective means to restore shine. If the scratches are large, it is better to initially go over with soda or other substances with larger abrasive particles.
Soda can be used to polish the case or glass of the phone in the presence of scratches and scuffs. To eliminate external defects, you must perform the following steps.
- Mix in a small container 1 teaspoon of soda and 2 times more cold water.
- Stir the mixture until a thick slurry forms.
- Rub the mixture into a problem area on the phone’s body or glass with a clean cloth.
- Rub to obtain a result.
- Take a wet towel or piece of cloth and remove the rest of the mixture from the treated surface.
Important! Soda contains very large abrasive particles, so you should use it very carefully. Eliminating one scratch, you can get many other defects, if excessively strong and long rub the soda gruel on the surface of the body.
Suede has the ability to polish hard surfaces and eliminate the tiniest defects. It is better to use this method in combination with other, more effective. Suede can be used for polishing after exposure to abrasive particles of soda, toothpaste or sandpaper. You just need to take a piece of clean and dry suede and rub it with the damaged area to shine.
Polishing can be classified as professional ways to solve the problem of scuffs and scratches on the phone. You can use 2 types of polishing agents:
- car polish;
- office polish.
Attention! Choose a polish based on the material from which the body of your device is made. Thanks to this, you can choose the most effective tool and avoid additional damage.
In order to polish the phone and get rid of large flaws, sandpaper is best suited. But, it is important to choose paper with the smallest particles, which will not damage the body even more. How to polish?
- Wipe dry and clean the surface of the housing.
- Wipe gently with a sheet of sandpaper. Do not press hard when wiping, because new scratches and damage will appear.
- Rub the treated area with a dry rag of coarse woolen cloth.
Attention! Emery paper leaves traces on any surfaces, therefore it is necessary to polish the surface after use to eliminate traces from the effects of abrasive.
Nail polish fixer
You can adjust the appearance of the phone using nail polish fixer. It has the ability to fill all the recesses and remain almost invisible due to a transparent, light texture. How to use?
- Wipe the treated area with alcohol or solvent.
- Dry completely.
- Apply the thinnest layer of cement to the cracks.
- Wait for complete drying and polish thoroughly.
Important! To remove scratches from the screen and the case, it is best to use a regular fixative. If you use professional gels, you will have to additionally dry using an ultraviolet lamp.
It is recommended to eliminate flaws on the screen only with the help of GOI paste. This is a specially designed composition that is able to remove minor damage and defects from the glass. This technique is effective both for correcting glass and for repairing damage to plastic and metal. But, in addition to efficiency, it is also labor-intensive. it will take at least 30-40 minutes to polish the product. So, step by step instructions.
- Clean damaged area.
- Put a little oil on it.
- Rub with a paste and a clean cloth to obtain a result.
- Remove the remaining paste and oil, and then polish with a regular computer polish.
Attention! Do not use GOI paste with minor scuffs, as polishing will only aggravate the situation. This method is only suitable for deep, multiple scratches.
Using a conventional electric shaver, you can restore the original appearance of the phone. How to use the device for grinding?
- It is necessary to disconnect the protective net from the device.
- Wrap a small piece of clean cloth around the blade.
- Turn on the device and with a blade wrapped in cloth, process the selected area.
After grinding with an electric razor, small flaws disappear and the original shine is restored.
To avoid having to re-search for polishing methods, it is recommended that you follow simple rules that protect the device.
- Obtain and use a case and protective film immediately.
- Wipe the surface regularly, as dust and dirt accumulate causing damage.
- Prefer gadgets with a durable, high-quality case.
- Do not carry the device in your pocket or bag with things that could scratch it.
If it is not possible to restore the appearance of the device using the suggested tips, then there is only one option. trust the professionals. You can give your phone to a service center to restore or replace the case. The best way to protect your phone from wear. proper, careful use!