How to remove a password from a Samsung phone? A seemingly simple task, sometimes not feasible due to malfunctions in the smartphone. The article provides working methods on how to get rid of a service that has become unnecessary.
The main reasons to remove the password from your Samsung phone
There may be several reasons to learn how to remove the password on the old Samsung:
- you constantly forget the pin;
- you gave the smartphone to relatives who have difficulty entering the key;
- they gave you a smartphone or you bought it from your hands;
- the key was installed randomly and is absolutely not needed;
- the smartphone screen is damaged, which is why the touchscreen does not respond well to touch.
Another reason is the presence of an outdated smartphone that has already worked out a sufficient period, and the touchscreen responds with failures. Entering a password in such a situation becomes a real torment.
How to disable the password on Samsung
The algorithm for canceling a function that provides security and privacy is quite simple:
- We go into the settings of the smartphone on Android and look for the item “My device” in the menu.
- We enter the section and look for the “Lock screen”.
- Tap on the tab and evaluate what protection methods are used by the smartphone. So that the phone no longer asks for a graphic / digital key, select “No”.
The standard method does not always work: in some cases the screen block is not canceled, and then you have to look for a reason: the included secure network, the running encryption of the memory, the use of administrator rights and other technical nuances prevent the service from being disabled.
An included VPN is the main “culprit” of the inability to unlock. The virtual network provides secure access to the network, and when activated, the transmitted data is effectively hidden from outsiders and scammers. But the use of VPN has a downside: the function requires comprehensive security of the device, so before starting a virtual network, the system will require the user to install a key to remove protection.
The installed security key during VPN operation by standard methods is not disabled. To remove the pin, you need to remove the virtual network using the following algorithm:
- Go to the smartphone menu.
- Select the “Connections” section.
- Tap on the tab “Other settings”.
- Select the line “VPN”.
We open the properties of the virtual network used on the smartphone by tapping the “gear” icon and select “Delete”. After the manipulation, we reboot the phone and delete the block in the above standard way.
Another “culprit” of the inability to unlock in the standard way through the settings menu is the once-installed applications, which required, in the name of security, to put a digital or graphic password on the smartphone used. One of the applications that you downloaded from the playmarket at one time contains special security certificates, and as long as they work on your smartphone, it will not work to remove the key.
There is only one way out. to remove the notorious security certificates, following the step-by-step instructions:
- Open the "Security".
- We are looking for “Other parameters”.
- Click “Delete Credentials”.
The system will ask you to confirm the deletion, after which it will remain to wait until the cleaning is completed, reboot and try to remove the pin in the standard way through the menu.
Third-party security certificates are not always to blame: if the line “Delete credentials” is inactive when the section is opened, it means that there are no programs on Android that make unlocking impossible.
Disabling Administrator Rights
A number of applications for stable operation require administrator rights, but providing them with this functionality sometimes leads to errors when trying to remove the block of the smartphone screen. It is easy to fix the problem by following the instructions:
- We go into the Samsung settings and look for “Lock screen”.
- Here we dwell on “Other Settings”, then tap on “Device Administrators”.
- The list contains all “privileged” programs. Next to each, we move the sliders to disable administrator rights for them.
In standard cases, all sliders move, if one of them is not active, a virus sits on the Samsung device. Delete it using the mobile antivirus, and then do the manipulation to disable administrator rights again. The culprit, of course, will also need to be removed from the phone, thoroughly clearing its tracks on the device.
Decryption of device or memory card
Almost always, the culprit in the inability to unlock the screen are security manipulations. So, the cause of the problem may be built-in encryption algorithms. In an effort to protect the settings and personal data from hacking, you are forced to put a password on the gadget, but to disable PIN later, you must first refuse encryption:
- Open the menu and go to “Options”.
- Select “Security”.
- We are looking for the section “Encryption and tap on it.
- Select “Decrypt.
- We go through the line “Encrypt external memory” and click “Disable”.
To successfully complete the changes made, open the “Lock Screen” and tap “No”. After disabling encryption, the key will be removed.
If the above methods didn’t help, then how to unlock the phone, if you forgot the graphic password or is it no longer needed? In a situation, only resetting Samsung to factory settings will help, since everything indicates a serious system failure.
To reset the device, you need to prepare. A total reboot of the phone will lead to the complete destruction of all the settings, programs and applications that were installed on Samsung. Save all passwords in Google through the “Backup and Reset” section of the settings menu, back up software and instant messengers so as not to lose important data or access to online banking and accounts. Pay special attention to media files. transfer videos, photos and audio stored in Samsung’s memory to your PC. After completing the preparatory measures, proceed with the reset:
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “Accounts” section.
- At the bottom, tap the section “Archiving and dumping”.
- Select the line “Data Reset”.
- Click “Reset”.
After the manipulation, Samsung will return to the factory settings. The procedure allows you to eliminate the consequences of system failures, and the gadget begins to work conditionally “like new”. Now the owner has a serious and laborious work to install the necessary programs and applications whose passwords have been successfully saved in your Google account.