The loss of a smartphone in itself is an extremely unpleasant event. Even more depressing is the likelihood of personal information falling into the wrong hands.
Fortunately, mobile device manufacturers have assigned each phone a unique IMEI code, which can be used to locate a lost or stolen gadget. In this article, we will tell you how to find your phone by IMEI via satellite in several ways.
How to find a phone via IMEI via satellite?
If the smartphone was stolen, then first of all it is worth contacting law enforcement agencies. They have the right to send inquiries to mobile operators who can check the location of the telephone via satellite.
To do this, you must submit an application to the nearest police department. The main parameter that you want to report is the IMEI, by which the search will be performed. You can find the 16-digit code on the box with which the device was purchased. In addition, it is recommended to additionally indicate the brand, model, technical characteristics and external features of the gadget to increase the likelihood of its finding.
It is recommended that you seek the help of the police in cases where it is certain that the device has been stolen. If the device was lost, they will hardly be engaged in searches. In this case, depending on the brand of the device, you can try to find it yourself.
How to find your iPhone through IMEI and iCloud?
If you lose your iPhone, you can easily find it yourself and remotely block it so that personal data does not fall into the hands of attackers. The Find iPhone service, which is part of a single iCloud portal, helps in this. He works all over the world, including Russia, Kazakhstan and the CIS countries.
Video: How to Remotely Lock a Sony Xperia Phone
The search is performed in the following order:
- Open the Track and Search page on iCloud.com;
- Click the “Login” button and authorize on the portal;
- After the smartphone appears on the map, select it, and then:
- Activate “Lost Mode”. block access to the device;
- Run “Erase iPhone”. delete all device information;
- Click the “Finish” button;
- Go to the phone’s detection point. We hope he is still there.
Unfortunately, if the phone is turned off, it will not be possible to find it via satellite.
How to find an Android phone through Google?
You can detect a lost Android-based phone in the same way via the Internet. “Phone Search” in your Google Account has a similar principle for working with iCloud:
- Go to the “Phone Search” page in the “My Account” section on Google;
- Pass authorization;
- Select a lost device in the list of devices;
- Re-enter the password to access the service;
- Press the “Find” button in the line with the name;
- Re-enter the password for confirmation;
- Wait for the connection with the device;
- After displaying on the map, select one of the available options:
- “Ring”. test 5-minute call;
- “Block”. block access to the phone;
- “Erase data”. delete all information.
Enter the password to unlock or confirm.
How to find a phone via IMEI online and free
Free online search methods (except for the above services from Apple and Google) are not effective, since they do not have any real technical base. The only information that Internet portals can provide is the technical specifications of the device. For example, the IMEI.Info service helps code accurately determine the device, its parameters, and also provides additional instructions for locking / unlocking and resetting data.
We hope you can find your phone. If you have questions, ask them in the comments.