Read whether it is possible to put a password on the application in iPhone. Which version of iOs does this allow, and which do not. All ways to protect your programs from access. If you want your confidential data to be protected as much as possible from prying eyes, then the best way is to set a password for the application. Many owners have a question, can I put a password on applications on iPhone or not. This feature is implemented in the new iPhone by default, just set the smartphone settings correctly.
How to find out which iOS you have
Before you put the password on the iPhone application, you need to clarify its version of the operating system, since the capabilities of the old and new options are slightly different. To determine the version of iOS you need:
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- You need to use the list that appears to go to the main options of your device.
- Using the following menu, open the “About device” tab.
- Almost at the very bottom there is a version item, look at the first digits in it.
Suppose your iOS device is version 8, then the description of working with the device given in the next part of our article is suitable for you. If iOS 12, then skip the next part and read the third immediately.
How to put a password on the application in iPhone 5, 6, 7
Until the eleventh version as such, there is no way to solve the problem of how to put a password on iPhone applications. You can only prohibit the display of standard applications on the desktop so that strangers can not use them. You must enter a password to display the icons.
- To use this option, go to the settings through the main menu.
- Go to the main section and open the “Limitations” item.
- First you need to enable this feature, and then using the sliders in the larger half of the screen to select applications that will not be displayed. After you activate the restriction mode, you need to think up and enter the four-digit code twice. It will be used when you want to display the necessary programs on the screen.
- By default, the function will be turned off for all standard applications on your phone. If you protect part of the programs, you need to move their sliders to the left.
Video: How to Put Password On Hidden Photos iPhone
After activating this function, you will not see hidden applications on the iPhone and you will not be able to find them using the search. To enter the application, you need to return to setting the limits again, enter the code and move the slider of the desired program to the right. This method has many drawbacks that made the function unpopular: you can’t hide third-party software, each time you need to delve into the settings to access the desired program. Nevertheless, this is the only way to solve the problem of how to set a password for iPhone 6 applications.
How to set an app password in iOS 12?
If you have a modern version 12 of the operating system, then you have more options for configuring the device. You can put the password on the desired application, as well as track the amount of time spent in it, and limit it if necessary. But first, we’ll deal with the question of how to set a password for iPhone 8. This feature must be implemented along with setting a time limit:
- Open the list of basic options and select “Screen Time”.
- In the list of options, find the “Use code” link.
- Set a 4-digit password that you will use when referring to screen time and other restrictions. If you need to replace it, use the “Settings” link.
- After installing the code, set the time limit for the software using the same link in the section.
- You will need to confirm the limit by clicking on the blue link.
- You will see a window with the name of the application groups that you will limit. Select the desired option and click “Forward”.
- Now you need to select the desired limit. If you want to use this feature for time management or as a parental control, specify any acceptable period of time. In the case when the time limit is used to protect applications from prying eyes, set the limit to 1 minute.
- Put the slider in the active mode next to the phrase “Block after limit a expires”. Then tap on the word “Add” in the upper right corner.
After activating this function, the selected application groups will update the labels for the darker options, and the Hourglass icon will appear next to the program name. You can ask the device to extend the time limit is reached, but for this you will have to enter a control code. After entering it in a special field, you will need to indicate how long you want to unlock the application.
As well as in younger versions of iOS, in the 12th there is an opportunity to hide applications. This function is configured in the same way as in earlier versions of operating systems, but you need to make adjustments in the “Screen Time” section. To access this feature, select the “Privacy” option from the list of options.
Now you know how to put a password on the iPhone 7 application or any other model. Share this information with your friends, additional protection will be useful to everyone. If you still have questions about using the device options, you can ask them in the comments to this article.