Posted by rf-webmaestroPosted on 02/05/2018P Updated on 02/08/2019
Developers put so many functions into smartphones that many users do not have time to learn them. Some may never be needed, but many, when used correctly, make life easier. One of these features is the ability to take screenshots. With their help, you can quickly save or transfer to the interlocutor any information. In this article, we will tell you how to take a screenshot on iPhone 6, and give some useful tips on working with them.
The button combination laid down by Apple in the operating system at the beginning of the release of the iPhone has not changed since then. To make a touchscreen, you must simultaneously press the "Home" button and turn off the power. The smartphone at the same time emits the sound of the shutter of the classic camera. The picture created in this way is placed in the folder of the same name in the "Photo" program.
For the later 6S model, which uses 3D Touch force recognition technology, this combination will also work. Apple will stop using it only on the iPhone X, which has lost the physical Home button.
The second method, which allows to make the process of creating screenshots on iOS more convenient and productive, is much less known. It consists in using the auxiliary touch function, which displays an additional virtual button with its own control menu on the smartphone screen.
- From the desktop, open the iPhone settings. Go to the "Basic" section.
- We are looking for the universal access settings menu noted in the screenshot.
- Scroll to the “Interaction” section. In the list of available parameters we find the item indicated in the screenshot.
- Located at the top and marked with the number “1”, the switch activates the auxiliary touch function. By default, the screenshot button is located in the third-level submenu. Getting to her with such an arrangement is long and inconvenient. There are two ways to change the situation by optimizing the process of creating a touchscreen. In the subsection marked with the number “2” we can transfer it to the upper level. Three marked the option to configure events that occur when you click on the main floating button. Here you can set the parameters under which the screenshot will be created by one of the predefined action options.
Setting up Assistive Touch
Using the features listed in the previous paragraph, we will configure the Assistive Touch.
- By default, the top-level menu consists of six items shown in the screenshot. The frame indicates the area in which you can change the number of simultaneously displayed actions on the screen. Using the plus and minus signs, select the appropriate option. The menu contains from one to eight different actions, and two identical ones cannot be set. Having determined the quantity, select any icon from the indicated arrow and open an additional menu.
- We find the marked item and activate it to be placed on the first level.
- In the same way, actions for the virtual auxiliary touch button are selected from the same list. Depending on your preferences, you can choose to create a picture by double-tap or long press.
- The constant presence of a virtual button on the screen is not always convenient. However, in the system this moment is also provided. We drop in the universal access section to the very end of the screen. Open the item "Quick Commands" indicated in the screenshot.
- By clicking on the symbol of their three horizontal lines indicated by the arrow, we activate the movement of elements in the list located here. Dragging to the top position of the Assistive Touch, once again tap on it so that a blue checkmark appears. As a result, a triple press on the Home button will cause an additional control element to appear on the screen. You can hide it with the same gesture or set the “Quick Commands” action in the above menu.
As promised, we’ll talk about some of the features of iOS that allow you to speed up the exchange of information in which you want to send a screenshot.
In order not to edit the finished screenshot, when you need to quickly indicate to the interlocutor the sequence of actions in the phone settings, we will resort to a little trick. Hold your finger on the desired item and take a picture. As a result, as shown by the arrow in the picture, it will be highlighted in gray.
After the last major iOS update, the finished screenshot in the form of a thumbnail appears for some time in the corner of the screen. By clicking on it, you can open the editing tools and add the necessary notes.
If you hold your finger on the thumbnail, the “Share” menu opens, as shown in the following picture. With it, you can immediately send a picture from the main screen to the interlocutor, without wasting time looking for her in the "Photo" program.
The screenshot creation function is implemented in iOS so well that third-party developers do not even try to create any competing product. In the App Store, you can find only editors that allow you to glue pictures into a tape. The value of such an action is quite doubtful, since any messenger allows you to send a series of photos in one message.
The video below will allow you to learn more about how screenshots are taken on the iPhone 6 or any other version of the "apple" smartphones.