To create a presentation on a computer running Windows 7 and above, you must have PowerPoint installed, written and error-checked text, good quality pictures, and video materials. It is worth noting that PowerPoint is available on all PCs on which the Microsoft Office suite is installed.
From creating the first slide, work begins in Microsoft PowerPoint. To create an initial slide, you should do the following:
- Click “Start”, “All Programs”, select “Microsoft Office”. In the list we are looking for the desired program.
- PowerPoint opens. The first slide is created automatically. It consists of a headline and a subtitle.
- We fill in these fields. Enter the title and subtitle.
- In order to create a new slide, just select the corresponding function on the toolbar or right-click in the left menu and select “Create Slide”.
- The next slide will have a different structure: the title and text of the slide.
- If you need to change the structure of the slide, you must click on the button “Layout slide” and select the appropriate option.
This way you can create any number of slides. All these slides can be designed accordingly. The white background can be replaced in the following way.
- Go to the “Design” tab and select the appropriate theme.
- All slides will automatically change their appearance.
- If you want a specific theme to be applied to individual slides, you should right-click on the topic and select the appropriate option from the list. For example, “Apply to selected slides.”
- As you can see, the first slide received a distinctive design from the second.
Work with text
The text should be prepared in advance. You need to subtract it, check for errors. Only in this case, you can prepare a quality presentation.
PowerPoint has special text blocks for working with text. Text in them can be printed or copied and pasted in the standard way (CtrlA. select, CtrlC. copy, CtrlV. paste).
The inserted text can be formatted. To do this, on the toolbar, you can select the type and size of the font, spacing, text orientation, bulleted and numbered lists.
It is also worth noting that you can insert a WordArt object instead of a title. To do this, go to the “Insert” tab and select the letter “A”, which is responsible for WordArt objects.
Next, write the text. Use the orientation buttons to change the location of the text.
In this way we add tex for all slides.
IMPORTANT! Do not insert too many texts into slides. All material should be presented concisely. The person who will watch the presentation should not be busy reading. He must have time to listen to the speaker.
Adding pictures and working with them
If you add a picture to the presentation, it will become more interesting. However, for one slide, we recommend using no more than two high-quality images. Overflowing a single slide with images will be inappropriate.
There is a whole block for inserting an image in PowerPoint. Just go to the “Insert” tab and select “Picture”, “Picture”, “Snapshot”, “Photo Album”.
Video: How to Make a Presentation on a Windows 7 Computer
It should be noted that no matter what method you choose, you will need to specify the storage location of the picture.
After selecting a picture and adding it to the slide, the position and size can be changed. To do this, use the dots at the corners of the picture.
Also, if the picture is in the way, you can specify its location “in the background.” In this case, the text will be superimposed over the image.
Adding tables and graphs
If you need to prepare a business presentation in which you need to use statistics data, the program has the function of inserting tables and diagrams. You can insert a table from Excel or draw and fill in the editor.
In the first case (paste with Excel), you should do the following:
- Select “Insert”, “Table” and “Paste with Excel.”
- Next, select the filled cells from the original table, copy and paste them into the presentation table.
If there is no filled table, you should click “Table” and select the number of rows and columns. During selection, the table will be displayed in the presentation window. However, they can be adjusted.
After we fill in the table with the necessary information.
You can also add graphs and charts to the presentation. To do this, in the “Insert” tab, click on the “Chart” button or select the same icon on the slide itself.
After we select the type of chart.
An Excel file opens. Fill the table with data.
After filling out the table, go back to the presentation. A chart will appear here.
Thus, a presentation can be used to provide reports, compare data.
IMPORTANT! After closing the Excel file, the chart will not disappear.
Work with video and sound
You can also add video and sound to your presentation. To add a movie. It is worth doing the following:
- Go to the “Insert” tab and select “Video”. Next, indicate “From the file” or “From the site.”
- Next, indicate where the video is located. Select the video and click “Insert.”
- Inserting a video will take some time. Do not click the “Cancel” button. The larger the file, the longer it will take to load.
To add audio, just click on the “Sound” button and point to the file.
If you want the sound to last throughout the presentation, you should set the value “For all slides” in the “Playback” tab, in the “Start” section.
You can also adjust the volume of the music. To do this, just click on the “Volume” button and specify the sound level.
To prevent the sound icon from appearing on the slides, you should check the box next to “Hide when shown.”
Adding Special Effects
Special effects should mean transitions between slides, the appearance and disappearance of text. To add special effects, you need to select the first slide, in it a title and go to the “Animation” tab. Here we click “Add Animation”.
Next, select “Login”.
Specify “On Click” or set the time range for the animation to occur.
It is worth noting that the animation will have to be set for each title and text separately. All animated elements will be indicated by numbers.
You can also set an output for each item. This is a special effect with which the title, picture or text will disappear. This function is in the same section as the input, only you will need to scroll the slider down.
After the design of the first slide, go to the second and set the animation for each element separately.
Saving and viewing a project
After completing all the slides, you need to configure the presentation. Go to the first slide and press “F5”. The project view starts. We look and study the flaws. We fix them. After that, go to the “Slide Show” tab and click on “Demo Setup”. We indicate how the slide will change (by time or manually), display parameters, slide order.
After that, click “Save As.” and indicate where to save the presentation.
You can start the presentation by double-clicking.