In what situations is it necessary to know the password
Suppose you or someone in your family bought a new phone or tablet. Naturally, there will be a need to connect the device to your home wi-fi. Thanks to automatic storage, most users do not remember the password, because you do not need to enter it every time.
Also, you often have to give a wifi password to your friends. A great option if it is stored somewhere on your computer or on a separate piece of paper. If there is no backup, then users have the opportunity to find out the combination from WI-FI on Android.
Using the standard features of the gadget
The easiest way to find out the password from WI-FI is to look at it in the properties of the access point on android. As a rule, most smartphones allow you to see the current password in the wireless settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the list of wireless networks. Activate your home WIFI on android.
- Switch to modem mode. Open the WI-FI access point.
- Select the line “Configure WI-FI access point”.
- You will see a password field, but it is hidden by dots. To display the line, click on the eye icon at the end.
After that, you can find out the desired combination, and then save it to your computer or write it in a notebook. This method is not relevant for all devices.
We use a router
One of the methods to find out the password from wi-fi is to inspect the settings of the router. This is where you can find the necessary combination. You can get into the modem settings even through the phone using a regular browser. To do this, follow the steps in the following instructions:
- Connect to your home wireless network.
- Go to any browser (you can use either standard or any other).
- In the address bar, enter the following combination "192.168.0.1". This is the IP address of your router.
- You will be taken to the login page with the modem settings. You must enter your login and password. If before that they did not change, then use the standard admin, admin.
- In the settings of the router, select the item “Wireless (network)” and the submenu “Wireless protection”
- The password for the network will be written in the window that opens.
Here you can change the security level and the password itself. However, this method is relevant if you have not changed the input data for the router. Otherwise, you can’t get into the settings.
We use file managers
- Launch the app. In the root folder of the smartphone, find the directory called data.
- Find the “misc” folder. Go into it.
- Select the WIFI directory, and then locate the wpa_supplicant.conf file in it.
- Open it with RB Text Editor.
- In the window that opens, you will see a list of networks. Find the name of the network you are looking for (ssid) and password (psk).
You can perform similar actions using the popular ES Explorer application. To do this, it will be enough just to go to the necessary directories, and then view the file with passwords.
WIFI Password (ROOT) also requires superuser privileges.
Get your Android password using your computer
If the phone’s settings turned out to be useless in this matter, and you don’t want to get root rights, you can use the special utility for the WirelessKeyView personal computer. The program is distributed absolutely free. There are versions for both Windows x86 and x64. The application is presented as a single executable file, so you do not have to install anything.
The user needs to run the program as administrator on the computer to which the Wi-fi router is connected. After that, a list of wireless networks will be presented. You can find out the password from the Key field. There is a value both in the hexadecimal number system and in the form of a regular string.
Now you know several effective ways to get the password from your WI-FI network.