Skype Samsung Smart TV
Many owners of Samsung TVs were outraged, because they had to buy a cheap webcam to communicate with relatives and friends. But Samsung refrains from commenting, thus making it clear that no one is going to return everything as it was.
But as they say, there are no hopeless situations, so we offer you instructions on how to install Skype on your Samsung Smart TV.
Skype can be installed ONLY for E, F and H series !!
No, for J, K, M, and Q series televisions, you can’t! No way at all.
The first thing to do is download the files suitable for your TV model.
Installer for installing Skype empSkype library The empCamera library has been added for the 5-6 series:
If you already have Skype installed, but when it starts, a blue splash screen appears and the authorization circle is spinning endlessly, then simply install the remote library suitable for your series.
Unpack the archive and copy the Install folder to the root of the flash drive.
For E Series:
Connect the flash drive to the turned off TV, turn it on and wait 30-40 seconds.
The installer icon with the inscription SamyGo and with the name “Install” should appear on the page with applications.
For F series:
We insert the USB flash drive into the TV and turn it on. Next, go to the Extras section. applications. The Install icon should appear there.
Launch the Install application. After 15-20 seconds, it will write “OK!” Three times in green on the screen and that the installation was successful and you need to turn off the TV.
After installation, the USB flash drive must be removed from the TV.
After turning on the TV, Skype should appear in the application list.
Install Skype for Samsung H Series (5th version)
Find out your TV firmware in Menu. Help. Contacting Samsung. Download the installer based on your firmware.
(If there is no Skype on the TV, then the first 2 points are skipped)
- Uninstall the old version of Skype.
- Turn off the TV (from the wall outlet.) And wait until the light on the front panel goes out. Turn on the TV.
- Insert a USB flash drive with the InstallSkype folder.
- Log in to SmartHub and launch the Install Skype widget. (If the widget does not appear. turn off the TV, insert a USB flash drive, turn on the TV)
- Press “Enter” on the remote control and wait (the last 3 lines should be with “Ok” at the end).
- Press “Exit”, go to the TV menu and check the System option.> Are common.> Instant on. If it is, turn it off.
- Turn off the TV (from the wall outlet.) And wait until the light on the front panel goes out. Remove the flash drive.
- Turn on the TV, start Skype.
If a Microsoft account was created, and then they made the login live: xxx, then on the TV it normally goes with the login live: xxx. The problem is that now you can’t create a live: xxx login, but previously created live: xxx works and works on the TV.
And if it doesn’t work for you, then you either have problems on the server or do something wrong.
There are 3 types of accounts:
- Old accounts. authorization on the TV passes. Their creation is impossible, and for a long time.
- Skype logins created from a Microsoft account (live: xxx). authorization on TV goes through. Recently, their creation has become impossible.
- Microsoft accounts (login in the form of a phone number or email address). authorization on TV DOES NOT pass. Now you can create only them.