Complete and convenient firmware instructions for Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone on CyanogenMod 11 (from Maclaw Studio) with Android 4.4 KitKat
– You can install the firmware only on the model that is indicated in the description, the model must match up to each digit and letter, i.e. for S5830 i firmware no longer fits.
– Because the smartphone’s internal memory is small, before flashing, delete all personal (non-system) files located in the smartphone’s memory
– Everything that you do with your smartphone, you do at your own peril and risk! Accordingly, the author is not responsible for the negative result of your carelessness.
– Charge your smartphone by at least 50%
– Follow the instructions carefully and clearly, all steps must be carried out strictly as directed.
– During the firmware, your smartphone should lie still, it is better not to breathe!
– If in doubt, read again!
– If you didn’t succeed, repeat the firmware again by reading the instructions again!
– The firmware installation was checked on the files indicated below for downloading, you can use other files at your own risk!
1. Create a folder on your computer immediately on the disk with English letters or numbers for the necessary files (for example: C: s5830)
2. Download everything you need for the firmware from the links below (it is recommended to download the latest versions)
Video: How to Flash Cyanogenmod Samsung Ace 4
– Gapps from Paranoid Android (choose from the folder with the installed version of android, it is also recommended to choose with the smallest size due to internal memory limitations in 5830)
3. Download to the memory card (installed in the smartphone) all previously downloaded files and turn it off
Installation of custom recovery:
4. Download stock recovery
– Turn off your phone completely
– Hold down three keys simultaneously "Power Volume Up Home"
– We are waiting for the stock recovery download
5. Install cwm recovery
– Choose "apply update from external storage"
– Choose archive "recovery-clockwork-xxxxxx.zip"
6. Download recovery mode. With the smartphone turned off, hold down three keys simultaneously "Power Volume Up Home"
7. We make a backup copy of the current firmware through recovery
– Loading recovery mode
– Making wipes in order:
– Wipe data / factory reset
– advanced.> Wipe dalvik cache
– Wipe cache partion
– mounts & storage.> format / system
– Install the firmware and gapps
– Install zip from external sdcard, we find archive with firmware cm-11
– Install zip from external sdcard, find the archive gapps-xxxxxx.zip
– Restart recovery. advanced.> Reboot recovery
– If everything is done correctly, after the reboot, you will see a boot animation and then the device with CyanogenMod 11 firmware from Maclaw Studio with Android 4.4.x will boot up already. Downloading takes longer than usual!
Comments are left in accordance with the rules.