You can recruit followers on Instagram for months, and lose your account in one day. But almost always it can be returned. How to restore a page on Instagram if you forgot your username / password or email? But what if Instagram was hacked or blocked?
Recover account on Instagram:
How to restore an account on Instagram if you forgot your password or login
To restore your password or username on Instagram, click on the very first login screen "Help with logging in." If this line is not, then there will be "Forgot your password?"
1. Recover password via Facebook
Click "Sign in with Facebook" on the second screen. Next, enter the username and password from Facebook and log into your account. Then you can restore the password (change to a new one): Settings. Account. Password.
2. Recover password by email
If you forgot your password, enter the login (if you remember) or email (to which the account is registered). Click "Next." A link to reset the password will come to the indicated mail. You will follow it, come up with a new password and restore your account on Instagram.
3. Recover account via phone number
If the account is tied to your mobile phone (&# 128073; how to bind and find other people’s accounts by number), then on the second screen in the window, enter your number. Click "Next." You will be redirected to the window where you need to enter the code that will come by SMS.
How to restore an account on Instagram if you forgot your email
If, in addition to the password, you forgot your email (or password from it), then recovering your account on Instagram will be more difficult.
1. Forgot email
If you don’t remember what kind of mail Instagram registered, then try to reset the password (see above), but you need to remember the login. Then check your mailboxes, maybe some of them will receive an email with a link to reset your password. If you still haven’t found the letter in any mail, then check the SPAM folder.
2. Forgot password from mail
Officially, the Instagram support service recommends contacting the mail service support team when you have forgotten the password for the mail. But there is another option. You can contact Instagram support by writing that your account has been hacked. Usually, when hacking Instagram, they change mail and personal data, i.e. in fact, you do not have access to the mail to which the account is now registered. And with this you can handle, as with hacking. See details below? “What to do if Instagram was hacked. How to recover?".
Blocked on Instagram. What to do?
Why they can block on Instagram: for breaking the rules and / or exceeding the Limits. Actually, first of all, for those who use Massfollowing or Instagram cheat.
Very often they block not for good, but for a week / month. But if you have not the first such lock, then they can forever. What to do? You need to either wait or start a new account if you are blocked on Instagram. But there is a third option. You can try to restore a blocked Instagram, complaining in official support that your account was hacked. Details below.
What to do if hacked on Instagram. How to recover?
If your Instagram account was hacked, then recovering it is more difficult than if you just forgot the password.
Crackers will almost immediately change their email, password, associated phone number and Facebook page. But in this case, you will definitely receive a letter about changing the mailing address.
Support is extremely reluctant and rarely responds. To break through a stream of complaints similar to yours, write several times each day. Same. Perhaps this will notice and help you.
Instructions on how to restore Instagram for Android and iOS
- Click Help with logging in (Android) or Forgot your password? (IPhone).
- Enter the mail / username or phone number that were associated with the account. Do not remember anything. enter at least some of your mail. Click "Next"
- Here, in the official help on restoring the Instagram page, they promise that you will need to follow the instructions on the screen and you will receive a letter with instructions on the specified mail. You will need to provide documents proving your identity (list below). But in fact, a page with articles is now opening, where they tell you (briefly) that if you don’t remember anything at all (password, mail, phone), then nothing will help you. This is how account security is ensured. Do not forget to check that when entering the mail / code, there are no extra spaces. Check your different mailboxes and be sure to spam folder. Often letters from Instagram fly there.
What to do? If someone suggests you restore Instagram (without username / mail / password / phone). remember that it is impossible to do this with official methods if you do not have access to mail / phone / Facebook. Therefore, this “someone” must have friends among Facebook employees who will personally take care of restoring your page.
Accounts are often hacked to use them for cheating subscribers. Therefore, while your Instagram is in the clutches of the enemy, it can be blocked for exceeding the Limits. But this will not affect the process of restoring access (although you will later have to unsubscribe from a bunch of left accounts).
What documents can ask for support if Instagram hacked?
For personal accounts
- Photo with passport in hand
- From which phone did you enter and the smartphone model
- A photo with a piece of paper on which will be your name and code, which will come to your phone number or mail.
- Email to which account was registered
Which documents and photos you ask for depends on whether your account has personal photos. Therefore, even if you have a professional Instagram, it’s nice to have a couple of your own photos there to make it easier to recover your account when you hack. If your business is not officially registered (for example, your mother knits hats, and you sell them), then it is better to write to the support service for recovery as a personal account.
You can restore your account in a few days / week / month, there are no exact terms. They may not recover at all. Try writing support several times (with a break of a week or two). Applications are processed by real people (even when they send "template" answers), so maybe someone from the support staff will help you unlock your Instagram account.
How to protect your Instagram page from hacking
- Choose a strong password for your Instagram account: at least 6 letters, numbers and punctuation marks; do not use this password anywhere else.
- Remember what mail the account is registered to (and the password for this mail. it must also be complicated (a set of letters and numbers) and not be used anywhere else). Anyone who gets access to your mail will be able to hack your Instagram.
- Do not enter your Instagram password on another computer. Even if you trust the owner, there may be viruses on the computer that will steal your password. Check your computer regularly for viruses.
- Link your account to your phone number
- Link your account to a Facebook page
- Post at least a couple of personal photos in your Instagram account (this can be a “post-acquaintance”, where you talk about the account owner / business manager, etc.)
- Do not exceed Instagram Limits and keep in mind the limitations
- Save the photos that you publish on your phone or computer (crackers can delete content while you restore Instagram)