The need to transmit an image from a smartphone to a PC does not often arise, but sometimes it helps a lot to show friends photos on a large screen or run a movie. It is very easy to bring the phone screen to a computer via USB or wirelessly. And today we will tell you how to do this by spending a minimum of time.
Broadcast image via WIFI
To display the screen, you need to download Screen Cast from the Play Market. The utility provides the ability to share the screen on devices that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the smartphone.
- Download the Screen Cast app and launch it.
- In the main window, you will see the “Start” button, click it, confirm the system request (you can check the box “Do not show again” so that the request does not appear another time).
- Now copy the link that appears in the application.
- Open any browser on your computer, type this IP in the search bar and press “Enter”.
- After you follow the link, a window with a mobile phone screen will start.
Screen Cast has options to help protect your connection and make use easier. To do this, go to settings and activate the item to request a password. As a result of these manipulations, when connecting through a browser, the program will ask for a password, and only after confirmation the broadcast will open.
If you didn’t manage to do everything via WI-FI, then try to connect via USB. It is also simple, and you will get the same result. But first activate USB debugging, for this: go to "Settings. About phone", there 8 times click on "Build number" (for MIUI you need to tap on "MIUI version"). Go back, go to the "For Developers" menu that appears, scroll until you see "USB Debugging", activate it. Now proceed to connect.
- Connect the phone to the laptop using the USB cable.
- Open Google Chrome (other browsers will do, so we display it via Chrome), install the extension “Vysor”.
- Launch the add-on, click on “Find Devices”.
- Select your smartphone from the list, confirm the connection.
Next, the program will be installed on the mobile and the broadcast will start on the monitor. She will prompt you to make basic settings.
Screen sharing on Windows 8.1 and 10
The developers added a universal service to Windows 10 so that we can broadcast video from the phone to the computer without using third-party software. The transfer is through the Miracast app, and there are some difficulties. Older laptops and computers (2012 and older) do not support this feature. If your device is relatively new, then there will be no difficulties.
- Go to "Start", open "Connect", a window will appear in front of you, waiting for the connection of the device from which the broadcast is being conducted.
- On your smartphone, go to "Settings. Display. Transfer Image."
- Start display on the monitor.
- After you do this, the computer pops up in the list of available for the connection, select it.
After that, output from the phone screen will begin.
It happens that phone manufacturers cut a link to Miracast from the settings, but this can be solved.
- Download from Google Play “Miracast Widget & Shortcut ”, it will create an icon on the desktop, when you click on it, you will be transferred to the image transfer menu.
- In the list of devices you will see your PC, click on it to share the picture.
- As soon as the devices connect by analogy with the previous instruction, you will notice a picture in the menu of the “Connect” service.
As you can see, displaying an image from a phone to a computer is very easy. You can organize a video or photo for friends not from a smartphone, but from a monitor in 5 minutes at a party or at home, saving time on transferring files from one medium to another.