How to disassemble a Xiaomi Redmi 4x phone
One of the reasons for the poor functioning of the phone is mechanical problems. They lead to the need to disassemble the device. There may also be a need for a display, battery or other parts. Fortunately, Xiaomi smartphones are very easy to understand, so in most cases you can do without contacting a service center. How to disassemble Xiaomi Redmi 4x. we will analyze in this article.
What is needed
Parsing the phone is a rather painstaking and fragile process. Therefore, it is better if you already have some skills in this area. In any case, being equipped with the necessary tools and tools will help make the analysis safer for the gadget.
Materials and tools that may come in handy:
- a special clip for a SIM card that comes with the phone (in a pinch, you can use a pin);
- crosshead screwdriver;
- tweezers for extracting parts;
- a plastic or nylon blade or solid discount cards to remove the back cover;
- new parts (such as a battery) that will replace old ones.
How is the phone case
In order not to damage the device, it’s nice to know how it is built mechanically, what parts, where are located, etc.
The entire body on the rear panel is made of aluminum with plastic inserts. On Xiaomi Remi 4x and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, a fingerprint is also located on the back.
Inside the phone is a motherboard. On one side of the display is attached. that is, a screen, and on the other hand, the processor, cameras, battery, mini-cards and other elements are attached. The display is attached to the rear panel with special snap parts. They are easy to detach.
How to disassemble a Xiaomi Redmi 4x phone
Now we proceed directly to the parsing process.
Before any actions with the phone, be sure to turn it off.
- The very first step is to remove the SIM card. This must be done with a special paper clip.
- To unfasten the end screws connecting the two parts of the smartphone, pass a special paddle or, in extreme cases, a card from the display side a couple of millimeters inward, and then swipe around the entire perimeter of the screen. Hold the cover with the same cards, nails or other improvised means so that it does not slam back.
- Next, carefully remove the back cover, being careful not to touch the fingerprint scanner.
- Carefully disconnect the scanner with tweezers.
- Now turn off the sensor near the battery.
Video: How to Disassemble Xiaomi Redmi 5 Phone
- It is necessary to unscrew the upper bolts from the cover with the antenna. Set them aside and do not lose.
- Detach the connecting parts next to the board. Set the screws aside, separately from the previous ones.
- Remove the battery. To do this, remove the adhesive layer on the sides with tweezers. If it doesn’t work out completely, warm up the smartphone, add isopropyl alcohol and pry off the battery with a plastic card. Then remove the remaining adhesive plates.
- And then we remove the green board by removing the antenna cable.
- Next, you can extract the necessary components.
Done. The analysis is over.
Note that some components may be connected by cables, so if something is impossible to remove, first unplug the cables from the connectors.
Screen breakage, cracks or a completely inoperative display are current cases. If your device did not have a protective glass, you can replace the screen itself.
Before replacing the display, you should warm the screen with a special construction hairdryer.
- After removing the battery, remove the chip on top and the green board.
- You will need to rearrange the following elements from the old one into the new screen: front camera, vibration motor, side keys (volume, power on) and speaker.
- Then transfer all the cables from the previous display to the new one.
- Remove the protective film.
- Check for all parts on the new screen.
- Assemble the phone in the reverse order.
Touch Screen Replacement
The difference between the screen and the touchscreen is that broken glass simply interferes with the use of the phone, and a broken touchscreen prevents the sensor from working.
Changing the touchscreen is very similar to replacing the display.
- After removing the battery and system board, clean this area of glue and dust.
- Next, warm the phone again with a special hairdryer.
- If the screen is broken, use tape to prevent the fragments from flying apart or falling into your fingers.
- With tweezers or another sharp object, pry off the touchscreen and remove.
- Wipe and degrease the display mold. It is also recommended to use isopropyl alcohol, but in no case a rag soaked in plain water.
- Apply glue around the perimeter of the frame.
- Having passed all the loops, place the new module on the case. Do not press hard, the display will cling so well.
- Wait a while for the fastening process to complete.
- In the reverse order, attach all the components inside the phone.
When purchasing a new battery, make sure that it clearly fits your Xiaomi model.
- Disassemble the phone by following the first instruction.
- After removing the old battery, attach the new one to the double-sided tape.
- Check if your phone is working.