How to turn off vibration on Android when typing, or vibration feedback, is the question asked by those users for whom this option is superfluous. In fact, the procedure takes several minutes, and the instruction is universal for different brands and does not require installing third-party programs or synchronizing with a PC. it is enough to perform three step-by-step actions and in the future you will not have to feel the vibration of the phone keys in order to answer a call, for example.
How to remove vibration when pressing keys on Android: step-by-step instruction
The first thing to start with is to go to the “Settings” field through the main menu (gear icon), then:
- In the settings, select the item called “Language and input.”
- Next, you need to click on the type of keyboard (for example, Google / Android).
- In the list that opens below, uncheck the box next to “Vibration” / “Vibration response”.
After these manipulations, the sound of the keys will disappear when typing, but there is in the phone model where this circuit may not work. In this case, you need:
- Enter the settings field again through the main menu.
- Now select a field called “Sounds and Notifications”.
- At the bottom, click on “Other sounds”.
- In the list that opens, uncheck “Vibrate when pressed.”
The sound of the touch buttons when typing will no longer bother those who want to deactivate the function provided by the Android developers, and to enable it, you need to do all these steps by checking the box next to this field. If necessary, you can use the useful video on the network.
Video: How to Disable T9 On Honor 9 Light
On the Honor Phone
Those who are interested in the question of how to remove vibration on the Android keyboard should know that the universal instruction presented above may not be useful to owners of Android smartphones of some brands (Honor 9 light, Honor 10). Actions:
- Click on the “Settings” menu item.
- Click on the section with the name “Sound”.
- Disable all kinds of signals that are associated with vibrations.
- At the very end of the list, select the field for “Other sound settings”.
- Slide the switch for “Vibration” to “Off”
Actions will allow you to deactivate vibration when the screen is unlocked, and for typing you need to go to the settings, then select “System”, “Language and input”, “SwiftKey keyboard”. Next, click on “Input” and turn off “Vibration when pressing keys.”
The actions for this model are similar to those described above, to disable at the final stage you need to uncheck the box next to “Vibration response of keys”.
For devices of this brand (for example, the Redmi Note 5 model), the following scheme works:
- After opening the settings, select the subsection called “All Settings”.
- At the very bottom of the list, click on the field for language and input.
- Click on the gear for “Google Keyboard”.
- Uncheck the box next to the “Key Sound” item.
If you still have questions. let us know Ask a question
On Huawei P20
For Huawei and Meizu brands, the following scheme applies:
- Go to “Settings” through the main menu.
- Click on the subsection with the name “System”.
- Select the “Language and input” field.
- Click “Android Keyboard”.
- Uncheck the box next to “Vibrate key response”.