There is confusion between concepts such as a Facebook account, profile, and page. For the average user, all these concepts mean, as a rule, the same thing. The account includes the user’s e-mail, password and a mobile phone can also be linked.
One person on Facebook always has one account and one profile, and he can have several pages. precisely:
Each person registering on Facebook receives one account with a username and password to enter. Each account can contain one personal profile and manage multiple Pages.
On Facebook, the basis of everything is the account with which both the profile and the pages are associated.
To delete a Facebook account means to delete everything: the account, the profile, and the pages.
There are two ways to delete an account.
- The first is temporary deactivation, that is, in the future you assume that the page will be restored.
- The second is a complete deactivation or removal permanently.
How to deactivate facebook
1) In order to temporarily deactivate Facebook (but DO NOT delete it), log into your account. If your name is in the upper blue bar, then you are “in place”, that is, you are in your account (Fig. 1 shows my name. Hope).
2) In the upper right corner, click on the small triangle (1 in Fig. 1):
Fig. 1 (Click on the image to enlarge it). We are looking for settings to temporarily deactivate Facebook
2) Then we click on the option “Settings” (2 in Fig. 1).
3) After that, the "General Account Settings" window will open. We are interested in the “General” settings (1 in Fig. 2).
We are looking for the option “Account Management” and click on the “Edit” button (2 in Fig. 2):
Fig. 2 (Click on the picture to enlarge it). General Facebook settings. Editing the “Account Management” tab.
4) Next we find the button “Deactivate Account” (Fig. 3), click on it.
Fig. 3. Facebook “Deactivate Account” Button
To download a copy of your data from Facebook to your “memory”, click on the blue link “Download a copy of your data on Facebook” (see below in Fig. 3). So you get an archive of what you shared on Facebook.
5) Now Facebook is trying to warn us about the consequences of rash clicking on the buttons. If you change your mind about deactivating, then click “Close” (2 in Fig. 4).
Fig. 4. Warning before deactivating Facebook
If the decision is made “in sound mind, solid memory, with a clear mind”, then click on the “Deactivate Account” button (1 in Fig. 4).
6) Photos of all friends who will be bored will be shown. If you have not changed your mind, then you need to choose the reason for leaving Facebook:
Fig. 5. Choosing a reason to deactivate your Facebook account
7) You can check the box next to “Opt-out of receiving emails” (1 in Fig. 5) and “Delete applications” (2 in Fig. 5) if you had applications.
8) The “Deactivate” button (3 in Fig. 5) is the last one. Click on it and the Facebook account is deactivated.
Deactivation means that you can return to the deactivated page. To restore Facebook, you will need to go there, enter your email (mail box) and password to enter.
Deactivating an account is a temporary measure. This is a pause for deciding that later
- either go back to facebook
- either delete your account permanently.
How to permanently delete your Facebook account
Before you delete an account forever, think about the fact that you can not delete your account (personal profile) on Facebook, but transfer your profile to a business page (professional page).
Go from your personal Facebook profile to a professional page: https://www.facebook.com/help/116067818477568
If you are determined to delete your Facebook account (profile), I suggest that you stick to the following algorithm:
1) Log in to your account.
I recommend that you first go to “Settings”, then to “General account settings” and there at the very end of the page click on the blue link “Download a copy of your data on Facebook” (see below in Fig. 3). Then all these data will be deleted from Facebook and you will not be able to restore them.
If you make a copy of your data, this will allow you to create an archive of everything that you shared.
2) To remove Facebook, the link is:
If it’s more convenient for you, then you can swap actions. first follow the link, and then log into your account. The "Delete my account" window will open:
Fig. 6. Delete Facebook account forever
3) Click on the “Delete my account” button.
4) You will be asked to confirm the deletion by re-entering your password, as well as captcha.
5) Then you need to click the “OK” button.
Your account will be deleted without recovery, but not immediately. It will take 14 days. This period is a time for reflection, during which you can still reverse the decision.
Full information about your account, which is displayed in search engines, will disappear after 90 days. Thus, there will be no trace of the page. In any case, before you delete your Facebook account, carefully consider this step. because you can lose valuable data.
What to do if the password is lost
The relevant question is how to delete a Facebook account if the password is forgotten and cannot be restored? Is it possible? The answer here is one. impossible. To deactivate, a password is required. you must agree that otherwise the pages of other people would be blocked by different scammers. If you have forgotten your password, but want to delete your account, then the first thing you will need to restore it. You can do this in the following way:
1) We find on the top panel a line for entering the account (or e-mail on which the account was registered). Enter the e-mail (1 in Fig. 6).
Fig. 7. Actions in case you forgot your password
2) Click on the link "Forgot your password?" (2 in Fig. 7).
3) The “Find your account” window will appear. Enter your e-mail address again (3 in Fig. 7) and click on the “Search” button (4 in Fig. 7).
Facebook will automatically identify your account, show it to you and offer to confirm ownership by e-mail or SMS. To do this, click “Next” (Fig. 8).
Fig. 8. Recover lost password
4) Then you will instantly receive an email to your e-mail, which will display the necessary data to restore the page.
After access is returned, follow the instructions to deactivate your account or to completely delete it, described above.
Delete account from phone
Unfortunately, using a mobile phone to delete your Facebook account will not work forever. only deactivation is possible. But already with the help of it you can hide access to files and information. Therefore, if in remote mode you urgently need to delete the page, this method is suitable:
- The Facebook application must be installed and activated on your smartphone (phone). If it is not already, then a preliminary installation is necessary.
- After installation, you need to go into the application, enter your username and password.
- In the application, go to the menu. an icon consisting of three parallel stripes located in the lower right corner.
- In the menu that appears, select “Settings,” and then “Account Settings.”
- Next, go to the “Security” option.
- There you will find a button with which you can deactivate your account.
If in the future you decide to deactivate your page forever, then for this you will need full access, which can only be accessed through a computer.
Deleting a profile, account and page: general and various
Often the question “how to delete an account on Facebook” does not sound correctly, since the person asking it means, for example, a page. To correctly pose the question, it is necessary to distinguish between such concepts as a profile, page and account:
You can subscribe to a profile you like without adding friends to see profile updates in the news feed in the future.
- Page. A page is usually created from a ready-made profile. It contains almost the same information as the profile, has similar external characteristics. But it differs in that it includes additional tools that are useful to owners of companies and organizations.
A personal Facebook page can be marked with a “like” icon. Subsequently, updates to this page will be displayed in the news feed.
- Account. This is a combination of login (e-mail) and password. Each Facebook user has his own account, it can contain only one personal profile. over, a user can have several pages on one of his accounts.
How to permanently delete a Facebook page
If you have an account, then you can create several pages on this account (they are also called business pages). When you delete your account, all pages associated with this account are deleted.
In fig. Figure 5 shows that when deleting an account my page “Computer literacy with Hope” will be simultaneously deleted. But it happens that you need to delete the page, but at the same time leave your account.
1) Delete the page can only be the one who is its administrator.
2) Go to your page and click "Settings" (Fig. 9) in the upper right corner of your page.
Fig. 9. How to delete a page
3) In the first section “General” at the end there is a modest link “Delete page” (Fig. 9), click on it.
4) Next, click on "Permanently delete the page (the name of your page)" and do the steps that will be offered.
If you don’t see such links, you need to remember who exactly is the page administrator and where his account is.
Facebook Help “Deactivate and Delete Account”
Help from the official Facebook site is good and useful because only there is the latest and most relevant information on all issues that arise when working with Facebook.
Facebook developers have long established themselves as very active people, constantly working to improve the site, and therefore, constantly making some changes. It is often not possible for a simple user of a social network to track all the changes that occur. That is why I recommend a look here:
Help from the official Facebook site about deleting and deactivating an account https://ru-ru.facebook.com/help/359046244166395
Thank you for your vote!
I suggest to look at other materials: