We’ll figure out how to delete a Google account on Android or stop its synchronization with the device. You will find out if you can recover your account. All step-by-step instructions are backed up by illustrations and detailed directions.
Linking a Google account to an Android device is the first action that a user performs after purchasing a device. Without an established account, you cannot start using the phone. Let’s consider in more detail how to delete a Google account from an Android phone and return deleted data back.
Why delete an account?
Account deactivation is necessary if you forgot the password for accessing the old profile, transferred your device to another person, or just want to create a completely new account for convenient use of YouTube and the social network Google.
Sometimes users may encounter situations when an account is hacked. In this case, the attacker can remotely read your credit card information, logins and passwords from various sites. The only solution to the problem is deleting the profile or decoupling it from the phone.
If you do not want to unlink the account from the operating system, but you need to stop sending data and synchronizing the account with the phone, you must temporarily disable the account in the phone settings. At any time, you can re-enable the account on your smartphone.
Note! After deleting the account, it not only disappears from your smartphone, but is permanently deleted from the Google server. This means that you can no longer access your subscriptions, emails and other important data from any device and browser. If the account needs to be deleted only on the phone, it is recommended to create a second account and bind it to the device, and temporarily disable the first profile. Thus, a disabled account will remain available for use on any other gadget.
Google account deletion. step-by-step instructions for 4 ways
There are 4 main ways how to delete google account in OS Android. Each of the methods must be used depending on the installed version of the operating system and on the availability of superuser rights.
Method 1. Via Android Settings
This method of deleting an account is simple, fast and secure. Use it in such cases:
- You have a need to erase your profile in order to delete the errors of email, calendar, and Google services that appear along with it. After a temporary deletion, the user will be able to re-authorize and use this account;
- You give your smartphone or tablet to another person and do not want him to read your messages or have access to YouTube and your social networks;
- You want to log in with a new account and there is a need to use an existing account on a computer or another phone.
As a result of this method, all settings, user data and programs in the mobile gadget will be saved. In fact, you do not delete the profile, but simply untie it from your smartphone.
Follow the instructions:
- Open the main menu on your smartphone and go to the settings window;
- Go to the "Personal" section;
- Click on the “Accounts” section;
- In the window that opens, data about the linked Google account that is synchronized with Android will appear. Click on the advanced settings button in the right corner;
- In the list that appears, click on “Delete Entry”.