Step-by-step instructions for connecting wireless headphones for Android
After the phone turned on "blue Tooth", activate the headphones. To do this, press the power button, and then make a long press on the Bluetooth activation button. The indicator, if any, should blink. On the phone, in the appropriate section, select an option. Search for devices. After some time, the smartphone will prompt you to choose one of the gadgets found. Most often, you can recognize your headphones by name. If you purchased a Chinese device, then the name may be long and incomprehensible. Just unplug the device and see what disappears from the screen.
Once you can find your headphones, click directly on them. You will be prompted to connect them to your smartphone. Agree. The selected device should appear in the top list of established connections. Next will be written "Connected". In most cases, the same line will reflect the state of charge of the headphones.
If you have headphones in the case, then keep in mind: it is better to open the cover after you turn on the network on the device, after the ready indicator appears.
Connecting to Apple Gadget Headphones is not much different. Turn them on first, then Bluetooth in the phone settings. After that, select your device in the list of found equipment and enable the connection.
Most often, along with iPhone they use AirPods, which allow you to use Siri remotely. In this case, first make sure that the software on your smartphone is fairly new. For example, the Pro version of the gadget will only work with iOS above version 13.2, the 2nd generation will exclusively connect with the device on iOs 12.2 and higher.
Further the sequence of actions is similar. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone, position the headphone case next to your smartphone and open it. An animation will appear on the screen, click "To plug". If you have a Pro version, then instructions will appear. With the 1st and 2nd generation, everything is simpler. If Siri is not configured, then after connecting the phone will offer to do this.
Are AirPods suitable for Android smartphones?
When connected to a smartphone with Android, AirPods will not be any different from ordinary wireless headphones. If you have Bluetooth in your phone, feel free to connect such headphones. But for more convenience, you may need various applications. For example, AirBatter or Asistant Trigger can help you determine if you plugged in your earphones to automatically start streaming audio. Also, the program can determine the charge of the case and themselves "the ears".
The following functions will not be available to the user:
- interruption of audio after the earpiece is removed from the ear;
- impossible to control the charge and control the energy consumption of the smartphone.
Connecting your AirPods to your Android phone is easy. Also turn on Bluetooth on your phone, then open the cover of the charging case. Press the button on its back and wait until the charge indicator flashes white. Headphones will appear in the list of available devices, connect to them.
Popular questions and answers
Why connection may not be established
For example, you do everything according to the rules, the device appears in the list of available for connection via Bluetooth, but the connection does not occur. Or your gadget does not appear on this list at all. There may be several reasons for this:
1. If you turned on the headphones, but they do not appear in the list, try to click the connection button again on them. If this does not help. turn off the gadget and turn it on again. Then try turning off Bluetooth on your phone and turning it on again by manually searching for nearby devices. Also try to place the earphones as close to the phone as possible, especially for the first connection.
2. If the headphones are on the list, but pairing does not occur, check: maybe they are already connected to another device nearby. If the connection has already been established with another smartphone, tablet, computer or TV, the second connection will fail. You need to find this device and turn off Bluetooth on it, then the connection will break and you can connect to another gadget. If you do not know what this device is, just turn off the headphones, put them directly next to the phone with an active network, and only then press the power button. In this case, the gadget will connect to the device that is closer.
3. Failure may be caused by interference from other wireless devices. Take them away and try again.
4. If the device takes too long to connect, but there is no result, click on its name in the list and select "Cancel pairing" or "Break connection". Then restart your smartphone and try again.
What to do if only one earphone is connected
One AirPods earphone does not work.
1. Try "throw off" AirPods settings. To do this, in the Settings, find the Bluetooth parameter, in the list of available devices, click on the letter i next to the name of the headphones and select "Forget this device". After that, first put the headphones in a closed case for a minute. Then first open the case, wait for the white indicator to appear, put the device with the cover open next to the smartphone and press the connect button on the iPhone screen.
2. The problem may be in the old firmware. Try updating to the latest version. You can check what you have in Settings. To do this, select sequentially: Basic. About this device. The name of the headphone.
3. Check the volume balance on the device in the audio settings. Perhaps the slider has shifted left or right, and the sound just does not go to one of the headphones.
4. If the devices are connected but there is no sound, clean the headphones. To do this, it is better to use microfiber and cotton buds.
5. Try connecting the headphones to another iPhone and if the problem persists, contact a service center. It is possible that the battery in the headphones has failed or the internal wire has been damaged.
Only one earphone of any brand is connected.
1. Try reconnecting by removing the device first.
2. Clean your headphones.
3. Try connecting them to another gadget to see which device the problem is in.
4. If the problem is in the phone, update the firmware or reset to the factory settings.