In the case when Wi-Fi Direct is not configured, Miracast is not supported, there are no flash drives with a large volume, and I really want to see high-quality movies, we recall the HDMI connector. a great way to duplicate the image to another device without losing quality. Therefore, the question arises: how to connect the TV to the computer via HDMI in Windows 10 and what is required for this? The answer is below.
What do you need to connect?
To connect, we need:
- laptop or desktop PC with HDMI output;
- TV with HDMI input;
- two-way HDMI cable.
How to connect a computer to a TV
So, to transfer the image to the TV, we need to connect two devices using a cable:
- Turn off the TV and laptop. This must be done in order not to damage the contacts as a result of a possible spark.
- Connect the ends of the HDMI cable to the input and output connectors (TV and laptop, respectively).
- Turn on both devices.
Most likely, you will not see the projection of the laptop screen on the TV.
For this TV and PC you need to configure:
- Enter the “Menu” of the TV and find the “Input List” item. It can also be called by pressing the “Input” key on the remote control.
- In the list that appears, click on the input source: HDMI.
- After that, the image from the computer should appear on the TV.
But if this did not happen, the external signal transmission is disabled on the laptop or PC.
To enable it you need:
- Press the WinP keys simultaneously.
- In the window that appears, select the type of projection.
The best way is the option "Only the second screen", in which the image from your machine will be accurately copied to the TV screen, with the computer display itself remaining off. Choosing a different connection will lead to the simultaneous operation of two monitors, which has a distracting effect.
If your panel has a high resolution display, the transmitted image may be blurry or grainy.
To make full use of the resources of the TV screen, you need:
- Click RMB on the desktop.
- Select “Screen Settings”.
- In the window that appears, click "Advanced screen settings."
- Then click on “Detect” and after displaying the parameters of the external screen, select the maximum resolution from the drop-down list.