Share in social. networks:
It is very convenient to listen to music or watch a movie on a personal PC. The absence of annoying advertising and the ability to stop watching a movie at any time is a significant advantage over television viewing. And the presence of special programs allows you to communicate with friends and relatives at any time of the day. But in order to be able to transmit sound, the computer must be equipped with speakers. For users who have nothing to do with technology, it is sometimes very difficult to connect audio equipment. In our article, we will consider how to connect speakers to a computer without an amplifier.
How to connect passive speakers to a computer?
The presence of two RCA inputs, the so-called tulips, at the speakers allows you to connect using the Mini jack audio cable (3.5 mm jack) to 2 RCA. Mini jack must be connected to a sound card that has a green output when using them as front speakers or as a stereo pair. Or you can use the 2 RCA-2 RCA audio cable and a mini jack adapter that operates on 2 RCA inputs.
Each column has 2 terminals. In this case, you can take full advantage of the cable from any headphone with a 3.5 mm mini jack. For this:
- Carefully cut off the speakers and carefully strip the wire.
- After that, connect the stripped ends to the terminals, and mini Jack to the sound card.
Important! If you want to find the application of a decent music center, then it is best to purchase an inexpensive stereo amplifier, which will fully justify your costs.
With this method of connecting speakers to a computer, you will not be able to achieve a high-quality sound effect due to the low power indicator. the output will be only a few watts. But this option is fully justified, because in any case, for functioning as a passive speaker, you need to connect an amplifier (amplifier). Otherwise, the speakers would simply gather dust on the shelves or, as unnecessary, they would have to be thrown into the bin.
How to connect active 5.1 speakers to a computer?
Before you start connecting the speakers to the computer, you need to carefully study the capabilities of the audio card. To do this, you need to figure out how many inputs are present on the sound card of your PC. Having learned the number of “sockets” from the computer, you can connect. When connecting speakers 5.1, you will have to use several sockets.
How to connect old active speakers to a computer without an amplifier:
- Choose a green cable from the speakers, which is a signal cable.
- We connect it to the audio output connector, which is located on the rear plane of the system unit and has exactly the same green tint.
- Turn on the computer.
- We turn on the speakers and check the sound.
Important! If there are no sound levers in the columns, then on the control panel you should find the subsection that is responsible for audio devices and sounds.
- After that, turn on the “sound”.
- Already in the panel, adjust the volume.
How to connect active 5.1 speakers to an old computer?
If your PC is an old modification and a little outdated, then the connection process is slightly different from the previous method. To connect active 5.1 speakers, you must perform the following actions:
- We connect the cables to the connectors. To do this, the volume control module must be guided by colors.
- We make the connection of power, subwoofer, speakers, while paying attention to the polarity of the connectors.
- In the computer connectors we connect cables of the corresponding color scheme.
- In the green output, we connect the cable of the front speakers.
- We connect the rear speaker cables to the blue connector.
- Connect the subwoofer cable to the pink input.
- If necessary, connect the microphone to the pink connector.
- We configure the computer, choosing six-channel mode.
How to connect the speaker system to a computer?
In principle, connecting ordinary speakers to a computer is not difficult, but connecting an acoustic system can cause many difficulties for many users. In this situation, there are several methods for solving this problem.
How to connect speakers to a computer without an amplifier? First you need to determine the number of outputs or sockets that the sound card has in your computer.
For modern built-in sound cards there is the possibility of using acoustics 7.1, which is indicated on the motherboard by color sockets. Each color has its own purpose:
- green output related to front or so-called front speakers;
- orange plug supports center channel and subwoofer;
- black socket. for rear or rear speakers;
- the gray output is directed to the side speakers, or they are also called surround speakers;
- a blue-colored socket is used for line-in, which can be used, for example, for a player, an electro-acoustic guitar;
- The pink output carries the microphone.
To connect the 5.1 speakers, you will have to use several sockets that have the appropriate shades. green, orange and black. Here’s how to connect passive (inactive) speakers and a 5.1 subwoofer to the computer from the speaker center:
- On the back of the system unit, we connect a cable that has a green plug, and the green audio output connector is also green.
- Based on the colors, we connect the remaining cables to the corresponding connectors on the sound card control module.
Important! In the process of connecting the cable to the sound card, the program displays which type of speaker corresponds to a specific jack. As a result, all three of the above connectors should be involved.
- We connect the subwoofer and speakers with an RCA-RCA cable, while one end of the cable is connected to the subwoofer, since most often it contains an amplifier. The other end is connected to the corresponding speaker.
Important! So that you are not mistaken, each RCA output on the subwoofer is signed based on the type of speaker.
- We configure the computer, at the same time we select the six-channel mode and use the sound card driver application, the Windows sound control panel.
Important! If you have a 7.1 speaker system, you will additionally have to use the gray connector on the motherboard for using side speakers.
- In extreme cases, you can use the instructions for the motherboard, especially when you have to connect the headphone and microphone jacks on the front panel of the system unit of the computer device.
Connecting speakers to a computer via S / PDIF (digital output)
When you connect 5.1 speakers through SPDIF, you will have to prepare the SPDIF cable. For this purpose, you can use both optical and coaxial cable:
- In coaxial. SPDIF inputs and outputs are made on RCA type connectors. The digital signal is transmitted via a conventional cable having the appropriate connectors. A device that receives pick-up pulses filters them out, but there is still a chance of losing some of the data.
- Optical SPDIF uses an optical data cable. The inputs and outputs are made on Toslink type connectors, which are closed with plugs. Their presence helps to quickly determine the type of interface. In addition, Creative sound cards also use an optical interface using a mini Toslink cable. The optical cable does not respond to magnetic fields, since data is transmitted in the form of light pulses. Therefore, there is an opinion that the optical interface for transmitting digital data has a much better protection against external influences than the coaxial one. Satellite receivers use exactly the optical type of SPDIF interface.
Important! When choosing the type of connection, it is necessary to take into account the type of interface for connecting external signal sources on the amplifier housing of the used speaker system. To do this, you must use the cable to the digital output on the motherboard and connect it with the desired digital input connector on the speaker system. In the interface of the audio card, you should change the output port, while changing the analog signal to a digital one. Unless, of course, the driver does not have the ability to determine the connection to the digital output itself.
How to connect speakers for games?
How to connect passive speakers to a computer without an amplifier? Games are able to output sound directly, without the use of various compressions. Therefore, from the game on S / PDIF, there is still no way to create more stereo sound.
To fix this, you need to purchase a sound card that can support Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect. These technologies have the ability to instantly encode multi-channel audio from a 5.1 or 7.1 game into a Dolby Digital or DTS digital signal and directly transmit via S / PDIF. With the practical functioning of one of the described technologies, all audio played on the analog outputs is transcoded and sent to digital S / PDIF.
Let’s consider how to get 5.1 sound from any source, for this:
- In the sound card settings, select one of the presented 5.1 audio coding technologies: Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect.
- In the Windows sound settings panel, select the analog outputs of the sound card as the main device.
Not having the necessary information, some users have errors that can significantly complicate the process of using columns. Consider the most common:
- At the end of the game, you must switch to the initial state for correct operation. If one of the coding technologies on the fly is always on, then you do not have the ability to view and listen to files with multi-channel sound. Since they are encoded, they need to be output directly to S / PDIF anyway.
Important! In fact, nothing should be switched. When watching a movie in stereo, it decomposes to 5.1. When you watch a video with a DTS or Dolby track, the sound is perfectly laid out in channels. This situation is very visible even on the player, which has the ability to switch audio tracks, for example, The KMPlayer.
- The on-the-fly encoding process of a stereo signal from an mp3 file using DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live is several times inferior to the hardware decomposition of such sound on the receiver or speakers.
Important! This is not true. When connecting speakers of the same quality to the receiver, there is no significant difference. The main thing is to adhere to the following condition under which the options in the settings of THX Studio Pro or in a similar “equalizer” of the sound card would not be forgotten. Otherwise, various effects are created, for example, a voice can stand out in the general background picture of the sound. In addition, the sound card plays a large role. Creative Titanium HD does a great job of this.
How to connect active speakers to the TV?
How to connect speakers without an amplifier not only to a computer, but also to a TV? There is nothing complicated in connecting speakers to the TV. Two RCA-RCA cables or tulip-tulip are used for this. First you need to determine the presence of RCA inputs on the rear of the speakers. The presence of RCA inputs allows some cable ends to be connected to the L and R outputs, while others to speakers.
Important! If there is only one cable in the speakers that has a mini jack at the end, then the connection is made to the connector on the TV for headphones.
In case of connecting a music center, an RCA-RCA cable is also used, which is connected to the L and R outputs of a television device. After that, the AUX mode is set to the music center, the RCA cable is connected to the AUX input located on the rear plane of the music device.
Important! If the TV has a sound output that looks like a mini Jack jack, which is usually black, you will have to use a mini Jack-2 RCA adapter cable.
In this article, we examined all the possible speaker connection options. We hope that with the help of our tips you can connect both car and Soviet speakers. Now you have no questions left about this, and for any purpose you can get high-quality sound.