How to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI
- By the way, we have more articles on this topic: How to use the “Transfer to Device” function on a laptop with Windows 10 and the function of duplicating a laptop screen on an LG TV via Wi-Fi
- How to use the “Transfer to Device” function on a laptop with Windows 10 and how to duplicate a laptop screen to a Samsung TV wirelessly via Wi-Fi using the “Screen Mirroring” option. Or how to watch video on a laptop on a TV
- How to connect the TV to a desktop computer via HDMI, in it you will learn what to do if after such a connection you will not have sound or image on the TV, or the screen resolution will be set incorrectly!
- How to connect an Acer laptop to a Philips TV.
- How to connect a laptop to a Toshiba TV.
take the HDMI cable
and connect it, for example, to the HDMI 2 connector,
the other end of the cable is connected to the HDMI connector of the laptop.
We turn on the laptop and TV, the operating system starts, but nothing on the TV. Only the message “Weak signal or no signal”,
guests are waiting intensely and thinking: “Well, they didn’t let me see pictures of my laptop and it won’t work on TV.”
On Samsung TVs, to display a list of all available video sources, press the button on the Source remote control.
A menu appears on the TV screen in which, again, using the remote control, we select our HDMI 2 connector
and press the Confirm selection button on the remote control.
A laptop desktop appears on the TV. At that moment, all the guests breathed a sigh of relief and. I am with them.
Now everything that you do on the laptop will also be displayed on the TV screen. You can watch videos or photos, play games and so on.
Next, select “Multiple Monitors” in the “Screen” options. Resolution in most cases will be set automatically. In the “Multiple Screens” option, select “Duplicate the desktop to the first and second”. That’s all.
Friends, if your sound will come from the speakers of the computer, not the TV, then go to "Playback devices",
and select the name of your TV there, right-click on it and select Enable.