Ways to connect to Samsung Smart TV
Android or iOS smartphones can be connected to Samsung TVs. To do this, the latter should attend your own operating system and access to the Internet. Pairing devices is performed to demonstrate images and video, control the TV, transfer files. The article will examine in detail how to connect the phone to Samsung Smart TV.
Exist Four ways to connect a mobile device to a Samsung TV: through the application, the built-in function of a Samsung smartphone, Miracast and an HDMI cable. The choice of method depends on the goals that the user is pursuing, the phone OS and the TV model. So, for games, it is better to use a wired connection, as this will avoid delays in image transmission.
Before you begin the walkthrough, it’s worth noting that The TV must be connected to the Internet. This is done over a wired channel or using Wi-Fi. The smartphone must also be connected to the Internet and be in the same home network with the TV.
TVs of the M, Q, K series already have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If you want to make a wireless connection in other models, you will have to purchase a special adapter that connects to a USB port.
Smart View App
Connection method via application Smart View is suitable for owners of smartphones of any brand operating both on Android OS (version 4.1 and higher), and on iOS (starting from version 7.0). To complete the task, you must:
The instructions presented will help you understand how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV. Among the main functions of the application are the following:
- remote control;
- “Dual View” mode, which provides display of the telephone display on the TV and vice versa;
- Using Smart Hub widgets
- power off the TV via Bluetooth (not supported on all models);
- game mode that turns a smartphone into a joystick;
- activation of the sleep mode of the TV.
Given the ease of installation and the number of useful features, we can say that this One of the best ways to connect. However, there are others with their own advantages.
Owners of Samsung smartphones have the ability to connect without installing additional software. The proprietary Screen Mirroring feature connects two devices from a single manufacturer. It is supported by televisions of the F, J, K, M series, regarding the rest. you should clarify the information using one of the following sources:
- Instruction In the “Connecting to a mobile device” section, Screen Mirroring should be mentioned. If there is no such information, there is no support.
- Chat customer support company. Follow the link http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/RU and ask a question to a consultant.
Next, it will be described how to connect the phone to Samsung Smart TV, depending on the OS version of the smartphone.
For Android 4.x and 5.x the sequence of actions is as follows:
- Turn on the TV and call up the “Source” menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Select “Screen Mirroring”.
Open mobile phone settings. Go to the "Connect and Send" section, then. "Screen Mirroring".
The connection process will begin, as a result of which the image from the display of the smartphone will be displayed on the big screen.
For Android 6.x the instruction is a little simpler:
- Lower the curtain of quick settings on the phone.
Select "Quick Connection", then. the found TV from the list.
The pairing process starts. As a result, the picture will begin to be duplicated.
Smartphone owners running Android 7.x The following steps should be performed:
Lower the quick access panel by swiping from the top of the phone screen. Then repeat the action to fully reveal the list of available actions.
Swipe the window from left to right to open additional settings. There you should select the item “Smart View”.
Smartphone screen display through Miracast, in a sense, repeats the process of using Bluetooth. To connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV in this way:
- Activate device search on TV and mobile device.
- Allow data exchange.
- Connection will occur automatically if the appropriate option is selected on the smartphone.
This is a general pairing scheme, but a detailed example is Connection on Sony Xperia M4 phone:
- Open smartphone settings.
- Go to the “Xperia Connections” section, then “Miracast Screen Duplication”.
- Press the orange “Start” button. The TV will search.
- Next, select its name. After connecting, the image from the phone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Miracast provides a sufficient data rate to display 4K video. With regard to games, things are worse. there is a delay of 0.5-1 second, which is very noticeable in dynamic scenes.
The type of connection is carried out by cable or a special adapter. Before buying peripherals, you should study the technical specifications of both devices and make sure that MHL technology is supported. If she is, it will be enough cable, at one end of which an HDMI output, and at the other. Micro-USB.
Otherwise, you will have to use the MHL-HDMI adapter. There are both branded adapters from Samsung and cheaper analogues on the market from other manufacturers. The diagram of how to connect the phone to Samsung Smart TV through the adapter will look like this:
- The smartphone connects to the adapter via the Micro-USB input.
- A power cable connected to an outlet or to a Power Bank is connected to the adapter, as well as an HDMI cable, the other end of which is inserted into the corresponding connector on the TV.
- When all the connectors are connected, it remains to choose the signal source on the TV. After that, the picture will begin to be displayed on the big screen.
Wired connection, although it requires additional equipment, is the most optimal in terms of image quality and signal transmission speed.