Bluetooth (Bluetooth) is a wireless technology that allows you to connect two or more devices over a short distance. If in the past this communication method was used mainly for data exchange between two mobile phones, today bluetooth is used to connect a smartphone and a wireless accessory.
By bluetooth, a wireless headset, headphones, smart watches, pedometers or wireless speakers are connected. Bluetooth is very attractive here, because the connection is simple, and the signal range is sufficient at a distance of up to 10 m, which is enough.
When you disconnect due to the distance between devices, most gadgets will automatically reconnect after coming together.
Enabling bluetooth on a smartphone is simple. In the notification panel, tap the Bluetooth icon to activate it, and then hold it for settings (but this may not work on some gadgets).
You can access additional settings from the menu “Phone”. “Settings”. “Wireless Networks”. “Bluetooth”.
An important concept of bluetooth technology is “Visibility”, which determines whether the phone will be visible to other devices (whether it appears in the list of available).
Visibility can only be turned on for a while to connect to another gadget. After the devices are connected to each other, visibility is not a prerequisite. Conversely, it is recommended that you turn off visibility if you do not plan to connect to a new gadget.
NFC is a wireless technology that allows wireless communication between devices, such as smartphones or smart gadgets, over short distances. NFC makes it easy to establish communications.
Consider connecting via bluetooth using the example of a JBL wireless audio speaker.
Connect the audio speaker to the phone by wire, possibly as follows:
- through an AUX cable, then the audio speaker should have its own power source;
- via USB and AUX, if the audio speaker does not have its own power source.
Less and less you can find models that are equipped with AUX input. Nevertheless, such a connection provides sound quality, although it cannot be called completely portable. You can connect multiple speakers if you use an AUX cable.
You can use Wi-Fi or bluetooth to connect your audio speaker wirelessly. over, the first technology is not supported by all audio systems. Such support is available for expensive and very expensive models.
Most likely, in the near future, portable speakers will be equipped with an inexpensive Wi-Fi adapter, but for now, you have to be content with what is.
Video: How to Connect a Wireless Speaker to a TV
A popular way to connect portable audio speakers to a smartphone is using Bluetooth wireless technology.
Let’s consider how to use a bluetooth column on the example of JBL.
The process of connecting two devices using Bluetooth technology is called “bluetooth pairing”. To connect two accessories together, important conditions must be met:
- both devices must have active Bluetooth;
- the device we want to connect to should be visible;
- accessories have pairing mode enabled (this will make it visible).
How to connect a JBL speaker to Android via Bluetooth
- Make sure the speaker is turned on.
- Open the notification panel on your phone.
- While holding the Bluetooth button, turn on the “blue tooth”.
- Activate the “Search” button.
- When bluetooth is activated, searching for nearby devices may start automatically.
- On the display of the smartphone, the bluetooth devices that are located nearby are displayed. Select the one that matches the name of your audio speaker.
- Synchronization starts. You may need to enter a code that is located at the bottom of the column.
Sometimes you need to hold down the power button for a few seconds. In most cases, nothing is required.
Next time, the connection will be made automatically as soon as the audio speaker is turned on (do not forget that the bluetooth must be turned on for this).
Connect to Samsung Phone
- Connecting a bluetooth speaker to a Samsung phone is simple. Consider an example Samsung Galaxy.
- Open your Bluetooth settings. Make sure your smartphone and your JBL wireless speaker are paired.
- By tapping on the column name on the smartphone, activate the pop-up menu. Open the “options” section.
- Instead of the phone profile, select the multimedia profile.
- Press the “connect” button and wait until a green checkmark appears, which indicates that your JBL column is connected.
Turn on the column and set the pairing mode. You can learn how to enable pairing mode from the manual that comes with the column.
- On the phone, open the “settings”.
- Click bluetooth.
- Move the bluetooth enable slider to the right.
- You will see a list of devices that are located nearby with the iPhone.
- Find and click on the column name.
Listen to music through a portable speaker. Now the sound will be played through your wireless speaker.
Turn on the speaker via bluetooth on the phone
After you once configure the connection of the JBL audio speaker to your smartphone, the next time you turn on the speaker, the device will connect automatically if you have bluetooth enabled on your device. This is convenient when using speakers from your phone.
The popularity of portable speakers is due to ease of use and the ability to literally take music with you. The only thing that the user needs to master is how to connect a wireless speaker via bluetooth. We hope that after reading this article you will not have any questions.
In this article, we talked about how easy and wise to use Bluetooth wireless technology, how to connect another device, turn on the speaker (portable) or another smart gadget.