Some SONY TVs have a feature that allows you to access the Internet using a wireless connection. There are several methods, each of which is discussed in detail below.
What do you need to know about?
The network adapter allows you to surf the Internet wirelessly with your SONY BRAVIA HDTV. It can be integrated or connected to the TV via a USB input. Using the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) option, the receiver is connected to the home network.
The built-in adapter helps you connect your Sony TV to Wi-Fi without installing additional equipment. With this option, you can easily access the Internet and use all the capabilities and services of Smart TV.
Reference! The availability of the adapter in the configuration depends on the TV model. Either he is, or purchased separately. For Sony, only the UWA BR100 model is suitable.
All about the Smart TV function here:
Wi-Fi Direct Detection and Activation
And we will start, perhaps, with wirelessly connecting a PC or mobile gadget to a TV. This is where Wi-Fi Direct technology comes in handy. There are three types of SONY TVs. Each has its own way of finding a function.
- On the remote control (Remote Control), press the "Home" (MENU) button.
- Go to the "Applications" section.
- Select “Wi-Fi Direct Mode”.
- Home button (MENU);
- go to "Settings", then "Network";
- “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct” sections are included;
- then go to “Wi-Fi Direct Settings”.
- Home Button (MENU).
- Section "System Settings", then "Wi-Fi Setup".
- Turn on “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- Go to the “Wi-Fi Direct Settings” tab.
Now you need to run the launch:
- press the “Options” key;
- choose the “Manual” method;
- press the button “Other methods”;
- The SSID and WPA key appear.
Reference! This option is not available on all devices that are compatible with Wi-Fi Direct. For more information, see the user guide for your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
See the following video for a Wi-Fi Direct video tutorial:
Connecting gadgets and screen sharing
To connect a PC to a TV, do this:
- click on the “Network” label;
- choose the SSID that the SONY BRAVIA TV provides;
- Enter the WPA key
- confirm actions and wait for connection.
To broadcast the screen, use Windows Media Player. To demonstrate the files you need:
- run the program;
- activate the option “Automatically allow devices to play multimedia.”, which is located in the “Stream” section;
- press the Play key and select the desired image;
- right click and select “Play on”.> "BRAVIA".
To demonstrate a slideshow, you need to right-click on the folder with files and select "Play on."> "Bravia."
Owners of Android smartphones need to take 4 simple steps to connect to a TV:
- Go to the settings section of the mobile device and activate the wireless module;
- Select SSID TV SONY;
- Enter the WPA key, which is displayed on the TV monitor;
- Press the “Connect” key.
To demonstrate the image, click on the icon that is shown in the photo:
Then proceed according to this plan:
- Find your television receiver;
- Wait for the broadcast to begin.
For tablet owners, the pairing process is as follows:
- go to the "Settings" section on the gadget and turn on Wi-Fi;
- select the SSID that the TV issues;
- activate the WPA key, which is displayed on the BRAVIA screen;
- click the “Connect” button.
Next, we set up the translation of the tablet screen on the SONY TV. To do this, you need:
- select the same icon that is indicated on the image above;
- select TV in the list that appears;
- wait for the transfer to begin.
How to set up Wi-Fi on Sony TV? It is important to know a few key points:
- use wired setup (Wired Setup);
- only UWA-BR100 adapter is supported;
- the option gives access to the Internet, and the setting depends on the type of network and router.
There are three ways to connect your Sony TV to Wi-Fi:
- via the WPS key;
- pin code input;
- using SSID and network key.
about each method of connecting SONY BRAVIA to Wi-Fi:
- WPS key. Pairing with WPS simplifies setup procedures and minimizes manipulation. You need to find WPS on the router. The following actions look like this:
- press the HOME key on the remote control;
- go to the "Settings" section;
- select "Network Settings";
- go to "Wireless Setup";
- select WPS (button);
- Further, the system will prompt you to press WPS on the router.
Not all router models are equipped with this feature. Therefore, if you do not find the button, you will have to connect manually. by entering the network name and password from it.
- PIN entry. You need to perform the same manipulations as when connecting via the WPS button. Only instead of the button, select WPS (PIN) to use the code. In the future, you need to follow the instructions of the system.
- Using SSID and password. SSID is the name of the wireless network. To connect, find out her name and network key (password). Once you have received this information and completed the first 4 steps, you need to click the "Scan" button. Then select the desired network from the search and follow the requirements.
After connecting Sony Bravia to Wi-Fi, it is recommended to update the list of applications. On the remote control, select Home, then “Settings” and “Network”. Click on the second item "Update Internet content / download available web content."
After the update is completed, press Home on the remote again. We will see the "Processed" section, where all installed applications will be. Click on "All applications" and "Add to my applications." All.
In the instructions for Sony TV you can find a complete guide for connecting to Wi-Fi. Check it out if something didn’t work out, or write to us!
Although we have a topic about Wi-Fi, I’ll write how to connect Sony Bravia to the Internet by connecting to a router with a patch cord. We take a network cable, one end. to the LAN port of the router, the second. to the corresponding connector on the TV.
Perhaps the receiver has a port for directly connecting the provider’s cable. But I do not recommend this method, since the receiver may not recognize the type of connection, and you will not succeed. Through a router it is more reliable and sure.
- On the TV remote, press Home;
- Select "Network", then "Network Settings";
- We need a wired setup type;
- Next, select "Auto" and wait for the connection.
Now you can enjoy the functions and services of Smart TV to the fullest.
How to control from a smartphone or tablet?
The procedure consists of 4 steps:
- Make sure that both devices are active. Devices must be connected to the same wireless network.
- Download and run the Video app & TV SideView: Remote on a smartphone or tablet.
- Select the "Connect to TV" button in the program menu.
- After searching for all available devices, select your receiver and follow the instructions.
There is no significant difference for iPhone owners. Download the same application and do the same manipulations.
The procedure for setting up a wireless network on a SONY TV is actually not so complicated, if you correctly understand everything. Our instructions will help you make a secure connection. Use for health!