How to connect a digital set-top box to a Samsung TV. this question arises for many who have recently started using digital TV. Some TV models do not support this format, but the receiver solves this problem. In the article we will consider which TVs need a set-top box, how to choose the antenna and the connection procedure.
Which Samsung TVs need a set-top box
Some Samsung models support digital TV without a receiver. Such televisions already have a built-in Smart TV and can easily connect to home Wi-Fi. A tuner with DVB-T2 support is integrated by the manufacturer into models released later than 2012. This includes the series. LS, M, Q, H, J, K, F, E. They do not require a separate set-top box, just connect the antenna and perform the initial setup through the main television menu.
To find out if a receiver is required, you need to check the TV model. The room is located on the rear panel. In the image shown, the device belongs to the F series.
Of the equipment you need only the antenna and the receiver itself. But, if the telly so supports Smart TV, then the receiver is not needed. When choosing an antenna, questions may arise, below we will consider the nuances and features of the equipment.
Which antenna to choose
First of all, you should find out the distance to the nearest television tower. If the repeater is not far away, then a simple antenna will do.
Thus, the following classification can be presented:
- Indoor antennas. Good performance when receiving a signal if the repeater is located nearby. in the city or near the house. The distance to the tower should not exceed 15 kilometers.
- Outdoor. In the case when the tower is at remote distances, then choose a device that operates in the decimeter range. That is, it should pick up frequencies from 470 to 860 MHz.
Want to set up digital TV in a country house where the tower is located at a great distance? Choose an antenna with the amplifier.
When choosing an outdoor antenna, consider the recommendations:
- Choose a device without an amplifier. For outdoor antennas, such equipment is not necessary.
- Prefer directional types of antennas.
- If you plan to set up digital TV in a country house, where there are rather difficult conditions for receiving a signal, then purchase wide-angle antennas.
- In more difficult conditions, choose with a preamplifier.
Many models of indoor antennas come immediately with an amplifier in the kit. This is due to the fact that the presented devices do not differ in high gain.
You will find many receivers in the digital equipment market. The main difference lies in the functionality, on which the cost of the console depends.
If you have any questions or have complaints, let us know
It makes no sense to give certain recommendations on choosing a prefix. Choose the device according to your preferences, taking into account the financial component. But, do not buy too cheap a receiver.
How to connect a digital TV receiver to a Samsung TV
Video: How to Connect a Digital Television Receiver to a TV
The procedure for connecting the set-top box depends on the available inputs on the TV and on the tuner itself. Below we will learn in detail how to connect a digital TV set-top box to a Samsung TV using different connectors.
Connecting a digital set-top box to a Samsung TV via tulips (RCA)
Connecting through tulips is the most affordable option. RCA outputs are available on all device models. Connect the cables by color — red to red, white to white, etc. If the image is transmitted through the yellow wire, the other two are responsible for transmitting sound.
SCART is no longer used in new TVs. Such a connector is found only in older models. To use this output, you need an adapter to RCA.
The presented output is available on all new TVs. HDMI has the best transmission quality, providing good picture and sound. Connect the cable to the receiver and to the socket in the telly.
RF applies only to older devices. The tuner has two such inputs. IN and OUT. The first is necessary for the encoded signal, and the second connects to the telly itself.
How to connect Samsung TV to digital television without a set-top box
Modern Samsung devices connect to digital TV without a tuner. The setup process is not complicated, because it is carried out automatically by the system itself, just select the desired parameter. Instruction:
- Open the menu and go to the “Broadcast” section.
- Select automatic setup.
- When selecting source, indicate the connected antenna or the input used.
- In the “Channel Type” tab, click on “Digital Broadcasting”.
- In the search mode, select. Full.
- Click “Scanner.”
- Discovered broadcasts will appear in the list. Their saving is carried out automatically. Wait for the system to complete the procedure.
- If necessary, auto search can be restarted.
In some cases, manual tuning may be required. For example, when the auto search fails or does not find the entire list of broadcasts. For manual tuning, go to the “Channel” section in the menu and select the connected cable in place of the antenna.
- In the country tab, change to Russia or Eastern Europe.
- Go to Cable Search Settings.
- Using the remote control, specify the frequency. 298000-362000 kHz.
- Select Digital.
- Search Type. Network.
Connect to an old TV
Connecting to old Samsung TVs is not difficult. The difference is in the connectors. You can use the SCART port, antenna input or RCA.
Search and tune available channels
Having connected the prefix, we start the search for broadcasts:
- Go to the tuner menu.
- Select the Channel Search tab.
- Click on automatic search.
- Wait for the system to complete the operation.
Check the detected channels, if their list matches the provider, then the auto search has completed successfully. If there are not enough channels, then use the manual search, in addition, change the location of the antenna.
Signal Quality Check
You can check the signal with a few presses of the INFO button. On the screen you will find 2 scales that demonstrate quality. The normal rate is at least 70 percent. If the value is less, then change the location of the antenna. Then check the scale again.
Most common connectivity issues
Common problems include the following:
- The image is rippling, or squares are visible on the screen. The reason is poor reception. Check the cable for damage and proper connection.
- The image is black and white. You probably plugged the cable into another connector. Also go to the receiver settings and in the “Image” section, set the automatic configuration.
Can I connect 2 Samsung TVs to the console
If you decide to connect two TVs to the tuner at once, they will demonstrate the same broadcast. Use a cable divider to connect. To ensure that the devices show different images and work separately from each other, use the second receiver.