Muzzles for dogs are special devices that are used to make a pet one hundred percent safe for society. As for the size indicators of animals, large individuals are simply obliged to wear muzzles in crowded places, but also small pets are no exception. Thus, how to choose a muzzle for a dog is such a point of modern dog breeding that needs to be considered carefully enough.
- Plastic or plastic;
- Rubber in the form of a muzzle-net and others.
Thus, there is a need in this article to consider all the varieties of this protective item, as well as how to choose it correctly.
What is the need for a muzzle to a four-legged friend?
A leash and a muzzle are items that make life easier for the pet’s owner. Thanks to them, it is possible in some ambiguous situations to preserve the life and health of both people and the animal itself.
According to the current law, a puppy, especially if it has large size indicators, must necessarily walk in a muzzle. A muzzle for small, hand-held dogs is also necessary when a pet travels in public transport. This is due to the fact that even an animal with a small size can inadvertently bark or bite one of the passengers.
In the event that you visit a veterinarian, you also need to acquire the necessary ammunition. This is necessary so that sometimes some manipulations can hurt a pet and he can definitely inadequately respond.
In addition, a closed leather or iron object, put on the dog’s mouth, will not allow him to pick up any foreign objects and food on the street during walking.
The main types of muzzles for dogs
Today, the dog harness market offers a fairly wide range of directional accessories. Therefore, training protective muzzles are also no exception.
How to choose the right dog muzzle according to the size of your pet depends primarily on the breed of the dog and its weight category. This criterion is very important to comply with, as an incorrectly selected accessory will not bring the expected effect. As for the main types of modified protective equipment, they are mostly the following:
- Muzzle deaf type. The outer coating of this item is mainly genuine leather. This type of protection is ideal and can be used both for training and for training. However, the accessory is not comfortable in the hot season, as the pet in it will not be able to breathe air normally. It should be worn only during active training activities.
- Mesh muzzle. This ammunition is mostly made of individual leather strips and can be used both in winter and in the hot season. Despite the fact that the subject looks quite aesthetically pleasing, from this its protective qualities are not reduced. However, it still stands to exclude ambiguous situations, this type of protection is used for small breeds of dogs.
If you give your preference metal models, then it is not only the most durable and practical ammunition, but also does not give the dog the opportunity to bite or spontaneously take off the accessory. It is this adjustable type that is best suited for use by large pets.
Concerning plastic varieties, then they are also quite effective protection, however, in contrast to the metal, they serve not so long. Also, such protection is almost never suitable for large individuals.
Features of the correct choice of protective accessory
In order to choose the right protective agent for your dog’s mouth, it is imperative to consider the following basic rules for proper selection:
- Dimensions and behavior of the dog. Those breeds that are used for fighting activities in need of better and more reliable protection than their peaceful counterparts;
- It is necessary to correctly measure the circumference of the head and neck volume of the pet;
- Mounts must be strong and not very multiple;
- It is worth using information such as a size chart in order to choose the right accessory.
Thus, when selecting a muzzle for an animal, it is necessary to study all the information that the instruction offers, and also to ask the specialist how to use it correctly.
How to wear protection?
In order for the Italian Greyhound not to cause inconvenience to your friend, it is necessary to pick it up correctly. The most important thing to consider is first of all the size and material of manufacture.
It is the right size helps to avoid discomfort in an animal.
The dog must calmly inhale and exhale, and also be able to stick out the tongue if necessary.
In the event that after a walk on the face of a pet, there are traces of belts, then the next time you use them you do not need to tighten so much.
How to help your pet get used to the protection in the form of a muzzle
Teaching an animal to wear protection is a process no less important than choosing the muzzle itself. Initially, a protective agent should be tried on at home when the dog is calm and friendly. In order to attract the attention of the dog, you can put something delicious next to the protection. Thus, after the dog gives you the opportunity to try on an object, you should immediately encourage it with this goodness.
After the dog has mastered enough in the new image, it should be given the opportunity to go outside on it. In the event that everything is right, you should have no problems during this learning process.
Based on all the above, we can conclude that the selection of protective ammunition for dogs is a rather serious process that must be coordinated with experts.
First of all, the muzzle should not bring the dog any discomfort or discomfort. In the event that the animal refuses to wear it or you notice traces of the straps on its face, it is worth either a little attachment attachment or purchase another, more convenient type of this protective accessory.