Situations when a person loses a smartphone or that one fails do not occur often, but bring a lot of inconvenience to the owners. Fortunately, all Huawei phones have a backup system, which is a regular application that comes with the device’s standard firmware. The article will discuss how to backup on Honor and Huawei (any model).
What is backup
Backup is an archive that contains copies of files from the device. It is used to save important information in the event of a device breakdown or loss, as well as to quick recovery of important information after resetting the phone to factory settings. Thus, a backup of Huawei or Honor allows you to restore what was lost in a few simple steps:
- contacts from the telephone directory;
- lists of incoming and outgoing calls;
- operating system settings;
- alarms and calendar of events;
- Email and social network accounts
- and much more.
Backing up data on Honor and Huawei phones
There are several ways to save data from a smartphone or tablet manufactured by Huawei:
- in the EMUI shell settings ( Huawei Backup application);
- Using your Google Account
- through a computer and HiSuite programs;
Consider each of the methods in more detail.
Via EMUI settings (Huawei Backup)
The fastest way to save data on the phone is through the EMUI settings. In devices with an updated shell EMUI 8 and above This process takes place through the Huawei Backup application. Many users have a legitimate question. what kind of program is it. The task of this application comes down to just copying and keeping user information safe, and, if necessary, restoring it.
Instructions for creating a backup in the EMUI settings.
- Open “Settings” on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to the “System” section.
- Select “Backup and Restore”.
- From the two proposed options, select “Copy HUAWEI“.
- In the application window that appears, specify the storage location. External storage.
Backing up data through settings
- From the options presented, select. Memory card.
- Click the “Backup” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Indicate what data should be saved.
- Further, the system will offer to make data encryption, that is, access to the archive will be possible only by entering the password that the user will set at this stage. If desired, you can refuse encryption by clicking the “Skip” button.
- After the archiving process is completed, a folder with the date and time of creation of the archive will appear in the “External Storage” section. By clicking on it, you can start the data recovery process.
Menu item “Auto backup»Copies information once a week when the device is charging and the battery level is above 75%. To turn it on, just drag the corresponding slider to the right.
Video: How to Backup Huawei
Via google account
Google has envisioned a situation where the user may need to recover some data. Therefore, on all devices running on Android, it is possible to store information in a Google account. To do this, you need a stable Internet connection through a mobile operator or wireless WI-Fi network.
The saved information will be sent to a special cloud service, from where the user can access it at any time and download the files he needs. Consider the sequence of actions for creating a backup on Android for Huawei and Honor through a Google account.
- In the settings of the phone or tablet, select the “System” section, and then the item “Backup and recovery”.
- Click on the item “Copying google“.
- Drag the slider at the top of the screen to the “ON” position.
- Indicate the account to which data will be sent.
- Wait until the end of the collection of information and click “Start copying“.
After that, contacts, passwords, call logs, application and system settings stored on the device will be sent to your Google account. You can check them through the “Disk” service in the corresponding section.
Via HiSuite on PC
The third way to perform Honor or Huawei backup is to use HiSuite. To work with it, you need a computer or laptop and a USB cable.
Instructions for performing the correct data backup via a computer or laptop.
- Install HiSuite on your PC. The first time you connect your phone or tablet, it should be installed automatically. If this does not happen, then you can download the latest version from the official website of the developers.
- In the “Security and privacy” section of your phone’s settings, enable “Allow HiSuite HDB Access“.
- Connect the device to a computer or laptop.
- Run the program.
- Wait for the phone to be detected.
- Select “Reserve”.
- In the window that appears, specify the sections that you want to copy. Here you can also assign a folder where backup file can be stored. Then press the “Reserve“.
- The system will offer to protect the archive with a password so that unauthorized persons do not have access to it. If you wish, you can skip this step by pressing the corresponding button.
- The process of copying information starts.
- After it ends it remains to click the “Finish” button.
How to restore a backup
Data recovery to a smartphone or tablet can occur in different ways, depending on how the backup was created.
If this process was carried out in the smartphone itself through the system settings (or application Huawei Backup) and the information was placed on an SD card or USB drive, then you need to do the following:
- Go to “Settings”. “System”.
- Then click on the item “Backup and recovery”. “External storage”. “Memory card / USB-drive”.
- Now you will need to select the saved archive and click the “Restore“.
- At the end of the process, it remains to click the “Finish” button. Now all saved data is restored.
If the backup copy was saved in your Google account, then the transfer of contacts, call log, messages and settings occurs automatically when synchronization with Google services is enabled on the device.
In order to recover lost data using HiSuite, you must connect the device to a computer or laptop. In the window that opens, click the “Restore“, Open the folder where the backup is stored, select the necessary files and press the” Restore “button again. After that, all marked sections will be restored again on the phone or tablet.
Answers to popular questions
What to do if I forgot the password from the backup file?
What is emergency backup?
Can I manually delete an old backup?
As you can see, backing up on Huawei devices is quite simple and you can do it in different ways. This process will help to save important information, as well as save time and nerves for its recovery.