After buying a fresh iPhone, iPod or iPad, or just performing a complete reset, for example, to eliminate problems with the device, the user needs to perform the so-called activation procedure, which allows you to configure the device for further use. Today we’ll look at how device activation can be done through iTunes.
Activation via iTunes, that is, using a computer with this program installed on it, is performed by the user if the device cannot be connected to a Wi-Fi network or use a cellular connection to access the Internet. Below we will take a closer look at the procedure for activating an apple device using the popular iTunes media combo.
How to activate iPhone through iTunes?
1. Insert the SIM card into your smartphone, and then turn it on. If you are using an iPod or iPad, start the device immediately. If you have an iPhone, then you won’t be able to activate the gadget without a SIM card, so be sure to consider this moment.
2. Swipe to continue. You will need to set the language and country.
3. You will be prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network or use a cellular network to activate the device. In this case, neither one nor the other suits us, so we immediately launch iTunes on the computer and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable (it is very important that the cable is original).
Video: How to Activate Firmware For Iphone 5s
4. When iTunes detects the device, in the upper left area of the window, click on its miniature icon to go to the control menu.
5. Following on the screen, two scenarios can develop. If the device is tied to its Apple ID account, then to activate it, you will need to enter the email address and password of the identifier tied to the smartphone. If you are setting up a new iPhone, then this message can not be, and therefore, immediately proceed to the next step.
6. iTunes asks what needs to be done with the iPhone: configure as new or restore from backup. If you already have a suitable backup on your computer or in iCloud, select it and click on the button “Proceed”, so that iTunes proceeds to activate the device and restore information.
7. The iTunes screen will show the progress of the activation and recovery process from the backup. Wait until the end of this procedure and in no case do not disconnect the device from the computer.
8. Once activation and recovery from the backup is completed, the iPhone will go into reboot, and after the restart, the device will be ready for the final tincture, which includes setting up geolocation, turning on Touch ID, setting up a digital password, and so on.
In general, at this stage, the activation of the iPhone via iTunes can be considered complete, which means that you can safely disconnect your device from the computer and start using it.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.