Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4. solving problems with smartphones
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4A and Redmi 4 Pro are the main models of the top Chinese manufacturer for 2017. These devices will run the show in the budget segment of modern smartphones. Last year, this role fell to the previous generation: Xiaomi Redmi 3, Xiaomi Redmi 3S, Xiaomi Redmi 3 Note and 3 Pro. On the Internet there is an opinion that smartphones from Xiaomi are difficult to use and it’s more difficult to understand their functioning than, for example, in the situation with Meizu. Yes, the MIUI operating system is not the friendliest OS, but it has a bunch of hidden features and chips that other shells on android smartphones can only dream of. In this article we tried to answer the most popular questions asked by the owners of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro and Xiaomi Redmi 4A. We hope that this information material will be useful to you. If you can’t find the answer to your question in this article, you can ask it in the comments. we will try to answer.
Siomi Redmi Note 4 how to set up smartphones
Let’s start with the answers to the questions that will help you tune the work of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Shaomi Redmi 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro and Xiaomi Redmi 4A. In the first block, questions will be highlighted that relate to the time of interaction with the smartphone when you just picked it up: transferring contacts, downloading music, getting root rights, adding music, connecting to your home Wi-Fi.
A quick jump to questions and answers on Redmi Note 4 Soybeans:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 how to transfer applications to a memory card
This problem may not be encountered by all owners of smartphones running MIUI. The fact is that in this OS, after installing a memory card, all applications are automatically downloaded to Micro SD, and not to the phone’s memory. It may happen that you decide to deliver the memory card after some time using the phone. then it will have a certain number of programs and applications that need to be transferred to the card. In order to do this, you need to carry out four simple steps:
- Find and go to the settings menu
- Select item "All applications"
- In this tab, find the application and program you need
- Click on it and select "Transfer to memory card "Micro sd"
There are situations that the above manipulation is not enough to make file transfer. This happens when on your smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Prime there is clumsy firmware or poor-quality assembly. In order not to reinstall the system completely, you need to download a program that will automatically help you transfer the necessary files from the phone’s memory to the memory card. a link under the waving hand.
A2SDGUI v.1 Rus download apk
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 how to enable root
Probably, every owner of a smartphone at least once came up with the idea of getting root-rights for their smartphone. Root rights. this is open access to the smartphone system, in other words, this is the title of super administrator. Having received it, you can change the firmware on your smartphone, install third-party programs that you previously could not put on the phone and much more. However, you must understand that by doing this, you lose the warranty support of the smartphone and do all the manipulations at your own peril and risk. Therefore, if you are not sure about the directness of your pens, it is better not to get root-rights on your smartphone. If confidence flows in your blood, then welcome. Step-by-step instructions for obtaining root access for smartphones Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime and Xiaomi Redmi 4A:
- You need to download this archive here (link active)
- Now download recovery.img
- We are looking for the firmware you need and download it from a trusted source. We can’t advise you on the current and latest firmware version, since they come out literally every week for all Xiaomi models. it’s impossible to keep track of this. We recommend that you search for firmware on the company’s official websites and install them.
- We go into the red.tar archive and install the application called vRooT from there onto the computer.
- We pick up the phone, move to the settings, go to the menu "about device", ten times click on the version of android.
- We go into the Developer options and turn on USB debugging. Developer Options. USB Debugging.
- Now restart your phone
- Via USB, we connect the smartphone to the PC and vRoot starts downloading drivers
- After completing the previous paragraph, drop the firmware on your smartphone (in any folder). There, throw the contents of the red.tar archive. root.zip and mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk.
- Recovery.img is shipped to the phone’s internal memory
- Launch the root button in vRoot
- The phone has rebooted. Now you can disconnect it from the computer and open mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk through the file manager on it.
- Click update recovery and mark recovery.img
- We agree, after that CWM will load
- Click install zip
- If you downloaded the firmware to the sd card, then choose choose zip from sdcard, if to the internal memory, then choose zip from internal sdcard
- We search for your firmware, find it and make a difficult choice: No or Yes
- We stomp on the phone settings and move towards the menu "about phone", then click on the Android version 10 times
- Then we go to the Developer options and launch USB debugging (USB debugging mode).
- Connect the smartphone to the PC, run vRoot, if it was turned off, on the phone we allow connection
- In vRoot, click Root
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 how to get root video rights
Xiaomi Redmi Note and Xiaomi Redmi 4A how to put your ringtone (ringtone to contact)
This action may seem to most users a simple test, but there are options and nuances. You can set a melody in different ways:
- Option 1: one melody will stand on all incoming calls
- Option 2: each melody is put on a hotel SIM
- Option 3: put different melodies on different contacts
Let’s carefully deal with each option.
In order to put one of your melodies on all contacts, you need to do the following:
- Go to settings menu
- Get to point "Sound"
- Find option "Melody"
- Find sub. one tune for both snapshots. Voila, done.
Option 2: You need to select a separate ringtone for each picture. To do this, you do the same actions as in the first embodiment, however, select each SIM card in the melody item separately. By clicking on this item, click on the inscription "overview", from the list of programs, select Music. Then it remains to do one thing. choose your favorite song or melody. Now you need to do the same with the second SIM card.
Option 3: You want to put a specific melody on each of the contacts. You need to do the following:
Go to the contact list
Select the desired contact
Find item "Default ringtone" (under the phone icon)
We act according to the previously outlined plan: review, music program, composition selection.
Mandatory requirements for the melody to be able to stand on your call: duration from 5 to 40 seconds, mp3 melody, the main topic should start from the first seconds. If you do not want to search for tunes, then here is a selection of cool ringtones for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4, Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro and Xiaomi Redmi 4A. link under the waving hand.
Ringtones for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro how to add a widget to your desktop
Adding a widget is easy. To do this, you need to do "pinch" on the screen (bring two fingers to one point), then flip to widgets in the menu that came out below (you can also find wallpapers, effects and new icons there. Find the desired widget in the menu and drag it to an empty place on the desktop. If it’s not, then the system will automatically create another desktop. Having placed the widget on the desktop, you can change its size and location. To do this, click on the widget and hold your finger for a few seconds. hooray, you can change the size of the widget.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 About how to install the application from third-party sources
In recent updates, MIUI has seriously defended itself against downloading files from third-party resources; they prevent us from doing this using an annoying window when we try to download files, for example from a browser. The system writes: "installation is blocked". In order to cope with this obstacle, you need to do a number of simple actions:
Video: Hide Room On Xiaomi Redmi
- Go to smartphone settings
- Find item " additionally"
- Go to the menu "confidentiality"
- Include item unknown sources". the problem is resolved.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro how to distribute Wi-Fi
If you want to use your smartphone as a Wi-Fi router, then you can easily carry out this idea by doing a few simple manipulations:
- Open smartphone settings
- Go to the item Wireless networks
- Click on the button "Yet"
- In the window that opens, select Modem and access point
- Making the switch active in words "wifi hotspot" (if you are doing this for the first time, then you need to somehow name the network and assign it a password)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4A how to transfer contacts from a SIM card
The phone’s contact book is your own, which means you’ll have to somehow import phone numbers from installed SIM cards. How to do this, we will tell you now. In order to transfer contacts from a SIM card to a phone, you need to go to contacts (in the list, not in the call log) and hold down the mechanical smart button. A menu pops up with the following content, where you should click on the import and export item, then select the number from the SIM card with which the transfer will be carried out.
Also in this menu you can transfer your contacts from Google accounts.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Prime how to download music
Naturally, there are a lot of ways to upload music to a smartphone. In this answer to the questions we will tell you about the four simplest ones:
- Take out a memory card, insert it into the adapter (if you go to a PC without it, you can also directly), drop MP3 tracks onto it, return it to your smartphone. That’s the whole manipulation. If you do not have a memory card or your smartphone does not have a slot for it, then you need to read the following paragraphs in this answer.
- We connect the smartphone to the PC using USB. We drop the files directly into the folder with the music. In order for this process to work correctly, the computer must see the phone as a media device. The fastest way to reset music is with the help of Total Commander.
- A method for advanced and for those who do not like wires. transfer via Wi-Fi FTP. For this we need: a working Wi-Fi, a phone connected to this network. In Xiaomi smartphones, everything is done very simply: we go into the explorer, click FTP. everything works. When you start the first time, you need to enter the parameters and settings of the Wi-Fi network.
- A simple and reliable way is to download music from music sites or from Vkontakte.
Shaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro in questions and answers
Above we answered rather complicated and difficult questions. The following answers to questions will be easier to understand, since they are aimed at a narrower topic: how to turn on a flashlight, how to take a screenshot, how to hide a video, how to create a new folder, answers to questions related to autonomy.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 how to disable telephone recording
This is quite simple to do: go to the phone application, open the settings menu, select "Call recording"off.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro how to mute the sound of delivered SMS
The sequence of actions is as follows: settings-messages-long press of a button "menu"- select item "sound alert".
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 how to hide a video
In order to solve this problem, you need to add the video that you want to hide to the folder, the empty nomedia file and no player will display the video from this folder.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, About the computer does not see the phone when connected
When you connect your smartphone to a PC, a message should appear on your screen "Connected as". With it open, select Media device. Then go to the My Computer section and find a new device. your smartphone. Going to it, you will find yourself in the internal memory of the phone and you can upload the necessary files there.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro how to make a permanent desktop
We make a pinch on the screen (we bring two fingers to one point). the menu leaves (from the bottom). We select the desktop that we want to make the main one, exit.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 accidentally changed the language to a foreign language, how to return the language (screenshot, picture)
The first section of settings is Wireless networks (4 points and ellipsis), the second section is Personalization (4 points), the third section is System and device (8 points, the last one is optional). In an additional second paragraph, Language and input.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro how to make incoming SMS not display full screen
We are looking for the Messages application and go into it. There we open the menu, which is called by holding the mechanical button "Home". In the menu that opens, there will be an item "Preview". we need him. Turn it off and applications will no longer fly out to full screen.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 how to hide the number when calling
We go to the Phone application, there we find the item "Challenges" and open the menu (hold down the menu button). There we are looking for a section "Other"-Select the item Hidden numbers. You can choose "stealth" for each sim card, if you have two of them. Attention, this function may not work on your smartphone, as for some providers this feature is paid.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Siomi Redmi 4 About how to create an empty folder
You need to make the following set of simple manipulations: File manager. Device. select the internal memory or SDCard. menu (three dots from the top right). a new folder.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro how to take a screenshot
The screenshot in Xiaomi smartphones is called as follows: at the same time we press the power button and the volume rocker down.
How to put a photo on a contact in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4?
Open the contact, click on the face of the contact, select one of the pictures in the gallery. it works.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 takes a long time to charge
If your device takes a long time to charge, there may be several reasons for this. The first is the fact that you are not using the original charge and the current supplied through it slowly saturates the battery. Secondly, the cable may be damaged, which means that you should replace it. Be aware that Xiaomi Redmi 4, Note 4 and 4A smartphones fully charge in about two hours. If your device takes longer to charge, then you should look for the reason for the delay.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4A quickly drain the battery
Although the models of these smartphones have quite powerful batteries (from 4000 mAh and higher), cases with quick discharge occur. In rare cases (0.2%), this can be a factory marriage, in most cases users who overload their smartphone with unnecessary games and applications are to blame. To extend the life of your phone on a single charge, you need to do the following:
- Disable synchronization with Google accounts. It has already been proven that it is they who devour the lion’s battery charge.
- Select autoload only those programs that you often use. This is done in the menu. "Security".
- Also, do not forget to turn on the mode of saving performance and energy, turn off the auto brightness control.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 how to turn on the flashlight when the screen is locked
The solution to this issue is extremely simple: you need to hold down the home button with the display turned off and the lamp will light up.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro GPS does not work
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 does not work fingerprint scanner
If you encounter a problem that your smartphone does not accept a fingerprint, then most likely the problem is in the crooked firmware. you need to install the latest version of the MIUI operating system or roll back to a more stable one.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, About problems with auto-rotate
This problem, like the previous one, is treated with the help of a radical flashing of the smartphone. Have to do it yourself or take the phone to a service center.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro rattles the earpiece
The quality of communication in a smartphone is an extremely important thing, since it is its main function to make calls. To solve the problem with rattling sound in a smartphone, you need to do a number of manipulations:
- We enter the following combination: ## 3646633 ##. we get into the engineering menu of the smartphone
- Go to Hardware Testing (third tab on the right). Audio. Normal Mode
- Type item, select "sph" (speakerphone)
- Click on "Level" (volume control during a call) set the level to "6"
- Change the value "Value is 0-160" at 124, save
- Repeat steps 4-5 with other levels in the values: Level 5. 120, Level 4. 112, Level 3. 98
- After each changed value, press Set
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro SIM card does not work
If the card did not activate when you first turned it on, then you need to do the following:
- Set English (change in settings)
- Reboot the phone
- The smartphone itself must send SMS and get all the settings.
If this scheme did not help, then you need to replace the SIM card with a European one (it has a smaller chip size). Only your operator can solve this issue. contact them.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Shaomi Redmi 4 does not connect to the home router
Xiaomi smartphone most often does not connect to the home network, since it has the wrong communication channel. To correct this inaccuracy is quite simple: go to the settings. the Wi-Fi section. go to its settings. select the country Russia, communication channel 6, mode b / g / n. You also need to go into the LAN settings and enable DHCP, disable IPv6 (if it is, of course, turned on). This simple manipulation should help you.
How to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro unlock with a fingerprint?
For some users, this feature in the smartphone has become a given, but someone is only getting to know it. It is for the latter that we paint the following plan of action:
- Go to settings and menu "Lock and Password"
- Now go to "Password and fingerprint"
- Click on "Add password". We will be asked to erase all previous prints. we agree
- Choose again "Add password".
- We put our fingers, the smartphone scans and processes them.
- Save and exit.
If fingerprints are not readable, then you need to reflash the smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro turns off the screen during a call and does not turn on
The problem is quite rare, but it can still be solved. To do this, do the following:
- Turn off the phone and go to the service menu (the smartphone should not be connected to charging). To do this, click "inclusion volume minus"
- Select the menu Test Report
- Reset Clear calibration to 0
- Now we need to close the palm of the proximity sensor at a distance of 1cm and click Do calibration
- After that, the smartphone should adequately respond to objects that are close to the sensor. Select PS Calibration (the phone should be aimed at the void without obstacles).
- Leave the calibration menu
- Last: go to the ALS / PS menu and test the sensor calibration
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4A, Pro video problem solving