Posted by kkkm on December 28, 2018
There are several reasons for connecting a computer to a TV. The main ones are the desire to enlarge the image of photographs, watch a movie on a large screen with stereo sound, play with pleasure or just work without straining your eyesight.
Connecting the system unit to the TV
How to connect the system unit to the TV
Almost every user has the ability to connect two devices, unless the equipment is too old. You need to know the capabilities of the system unit, study the instructions for the TV and device outputs. Then you can draw conclusions on how to connect. There may be several, for modern devices the following are available:
He replaced the VGA cable at the end of the 20th century and allowed to replace the analog signal with a digital one. Using a DVI cable, you can only transmit video; you will have to connect the sound with a separate wire. Provides image transmission with a resolution of up to 2048 x 1536, with a frequency of 75 Hz. The cable length can be 20 m. On the system, the connectors are referred to as DVI IN, DVI OUT TVs.
Attention! A cable labeled DVI-A transmits only an analog signal, and image quality may not be satisfactory. Before purchasing a cable, you should study the connectors on the devices; they should match the number of pins.
Connecting a cable is very simple by following these steps:
- Connect the cable to the disconnected devices.
- Turn on and select the DVI signal source on the TV.
- On the computer, select the desired playback order in the properties or resolution of the screen (duplication or playback only by the TV) and the required screen resolution.
The image should be clear, good quality. Sometimes a reboot of the system unit is required.
- Simple connection.
- High quality video playback.
- Another wire from the computer.
- Sound signal transmission via additional wires.
Modern technology for broadcasting video and audio signals. Since its inception, it has grown to transmit Full HD 3D video format with a resolution of up to 3840 × 2160 and high-quality natural sound.
At least one HDMI connector is provided with almost all modern TVs and computers, the type of connectors is A. Other types (B, mini-HDMI or C, micro-HDMI or D) are either practically not used or are used in laptops and smaller devices.
There are several types of cables with different markings. To connect a computer. a TV, two are used. HDMI Standart and HDMI High Speed. In fact, these are two identical cables, but the latter is characterized by manufacturers as premium.
The connection and setup procedure is similar to DVI.
Important! When buying a cable, pay attention to the presence of small barrels. Their presence will eliminate interference, radio interference and failure of devices.
Advantages of HDMI connection:
- The presence of connectors of this type in all new televisions and computers.
- Easy to connect.
- Cable is affordable and inexpensive.
- One universal wire for broadcasting a complex signal.
- Excellent data transfer quality.
The VGA analog standard was introduced back in the late eighties. Provides a fairly high quality signal with a resolution of 1280 × 1024 pixels. Until now, many devices are equipped with such ports. Sound is not transmitted by cable. Audio signal broadcasting can be provided with a separate audio wire or by connecting an HDMI to a computer through an adapter to a VGA cable with tulip connectors.
Video: Connecting the System Unit to the TV
The connection is simple and performed similarly to the previous ones.
- Provides acceptable data transfer quality.
- Simple connection.
- Wire availability.
- The need to transmit sound through a separate wire or adapter.
- Not all TVs are equipped with a VGA connector.
High-quality data transmission can be carried out using another cable. network. In this case, on the TV screen it will be possible to play back the computer memory data allocated by the user. This can be photos, movies, videos and soundtracks. Devices must be equipped with LAN ports.
Important! The TV must support DLNA technology.
Using a network cable, data transmission can be organized in two ways:
- By means of a router.
- Connecting directly.
To organize viewing using a router, you must perform the following steps:
- Connect device LAN outputs with network cables to the router.
- Install a program on the computer to create a media center. There are many programs (this is commonly used by Home Media Server, or created for a specific brand of the TV).
- Using the installed program, select the folders to view and enable the connection of the TV.
- In the TV menu, go to Smart TV, select the program installed on the computer and open the Connected devices tab.
- Open available folders and you can play music, movie photos.
Without the mediation of a router, you can connect devices with a network cable directly, via LAN ports
The ability to do without wires appeared thanks to the Wi-Fi connection. In this case, the signal from the computer can be broadcast directly to the TV screen. This excellent technology allows you to display on your TV screen a picture of your computer desktop and broadcast from the Internet.
Both devices must be equipped with Wi-Fi devices, a TV with support for the Miracast function. If the modules are not installed by the manufacturers, you can purchase and connect them yourself.
For TVs, external Miracast (Mirascreen) adapters of the same brand are purchased. They are connected to the HDMI connector. The computer can be equipped with an internal Wi-Fi module or purchased an external one.
Connecting with different Windows has nuances, most likely you will have to download the Intel Wireless Display program, preferably from the official site. Connection setup and setup are performed in the following order:
- Install the Intel Wireless Display program and start the broadcast.
- If an external adapter is connected to the TV, select the signal source (corresponding HDMI connector). If the TV has the Miracast function, activate it through the Menu.
- You can watch.
The content displayed on the TV screen is controlled by a computer.
Advantages of Miracast technology connection:
- High connection speed.
- Superb video and sound quality.
- There are no wires.
S-Video or RCA connectors like tulip, equipped with almost all old computers and televisions. Many new system units do not have such outputs. Composite connectors on the cords have three colors:
- Yellow. video signal.
- White. left audio channel of stereo sound or mono signal.
- Red is the right stereo channel.
S-Video cannot provide high image quality and it is advisable to use it only if there are no other connection options.
The cable is connected when the devices are turned off. Setting up a connection is easy:
- Turn on the TV first, then the system unit.
- The computer should recognize the composite connection automatically.
- In the Properties or Screen Resolution menu, you should choose to use the TV (expansion or duplication) if you need to adjust the screen.
- On the TV remote control, press SOURCE (INPUT) or the Video button, and select the appropriate signal type.
The computer desktop will be displayed on the TV screen, image control is carried out through the system unit.
- Cheapness and availability of wires.
- Poor signal transmission quality.
The sound from the computer does not go to the TV, the reasons
The main reasons for the lack of sound in the TV speakers are as follows:
- The sound on the TV itself is turned off. Eliminated by simply raising the volume level.
- The cable is damaged. Cable replacement required.
- Outdated system unit audio drivers. It is fixed by a simple update of the drivers on the website of the manufacturer of the system unit or components.
- Not configured devices to play sound. You need to configure the sound reproduction settings by clicking on the “Speaker” image in the lower right corner of the desktop.
Modern technology allows you to connect a computer to a TV without much effort. At the same time achieve good image and sound quality. The methods are different, and everyone can choose the appropriate one, taking into account the capabilities of their equipment and the availability of equipment.