Continuing the theme of installing on-board computers on VAZ cars, we offer the owners of VAZ 2109 and VAZ 2115, which have an electronic injection system, to install a regular computer on their car. About all the advantages of this device and how to determine its choice, we offer to read this article. Well, if you have already purchased a trip computer, then we offer a detailed guide to installing it on the VAZ 2109.
Where to install the on-board computer VAZ 2109, VAZ 2115
As you know, cars VAZ 2109, VAZ 2115 were equipped with a conventional (high) panel and Europanel. Both options hold for on-board computer installation. In the presented photos you can see these places, they are usually closed with a plug.
For example, we will use a trip computer Multitronics X140 (more about the purpose and functions). The essence of connecting it to the VAZ 2109, VAZ 2115 is as follows.
Connecting an on-board computer to the VAZ 2109, VAZ 2115 with a connector for connecting
- We connect the K-line of the device using a long white wire to the M socket of the EURO 2 diagnostic connector, or to the EURO 3 connector in cell 7, while changing the terminal to 1.5 mm that comes with the kit.
. ATTENTION. WITHOUT CONNECTING TO THE K-LINE, THE FUNCTIONING UNIT WILL NOT.
Video: Connecting the On-Board Computer to the VAZ 2110
We connect the external temperature sensor of the on-board computer
- The wire with the temperature sensor must be placed inside the front or rear bumper in such a place so that moisture, dirt and warm air flows heated by the engine do not get on its surface
If an external temperature sensor is already installed in the car, then it is recommended to place the BC temperature sensor inside the cabin (under the steering column) to measure the temperature inside the cabin.
After making all the connections, install on-board computer, in a regular place after removing the plug.
Connecting the on-board computer to the VAZ 2109, VAZ 2115 without a connector for connection.
If your car does not have a standard connector for connecting an on-board computer VAZ, use the adapter block that came with the device.
Connections of the on-board computer to the fuel level sensor (FLS)
To connect to the FLS for cars VAZ 2109, VAZ 2115 with a high panel, remove the visor of the instrument cluster and unscrew the screws holding the combination.
- Pull the green wire from the BK connector adapter terminal No. 8 from the instrument kit to the instrument cluster.
- Strip approximately 7 mm of pink colored wire with a red stripe matching the 11th pin of the white 13-terminal block of the instrument cluster.
- Terminal "dad" single white long wire from the set of connecting wires plug into the socket "M" EURO 2 diagnostic pads, or by replacing the terminal with a narrower one "1.5mm pin" from the device kit, insert into the socket "7" EURO diagnostic pads 3.
- Opposite end of white wire. terminal "mom 2.8 mm" insert in the contact No. 2 adapter connector BK.
And in conclusion, we recall that all work associated with wiring must be carried out with the battery disconnected.