Many owners of the latest generation of Xbox consoles often switch to a computer as a gaming platform, and want to use the familiar controller for the game. Today we will tell you how to connect a gamepad from this console to a PC or laptop.
PC controller connections
The Xbox One gamepad comes in two versions. wired and wireless. They can be distinguished in appearance. the upper front part of the wired version is black, while the Wireless-controller has this zone in white. A wireless device, by the way, can be connected either by a wired method or via Bluetooth.
Method 1: Wired Connection
A wired gamepad connection for all supported versions of Windows is elementary.
- Plug the cable into a free USB port on your computer.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the microUSB connector on the controller body.
Method 2: Wireless Connection
This option is somewhat more complicated due to the features of the controller. The fact is that connecting the gamepad in question via Bluetooth involves the use of a separate accessory called the Xbox Wireless Adapter, which looks like this: Of course, you can connect the joystick through the built-in receiver of a laptop or a third-party gadget for a desktop PC, but in this case the function of connecting the headset to the device will not work. However, you can not do without a proprietary adapter if you want to use the wireless capabilities on Windows 7 and 8.
- First of all, make sure that the computer is turned on Bluetooth. On your desktop computer, first plug the adapter into the USB port.
Video: Connecting an Xbox 360K PC Wired Gamepad
: How to enable Bluetooth on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Next, go to the gamepad. Check if it has batteries and is charged, then press the large Xbox button at the top of the controller. Then find the pairing button in front. it is located on the panel between the device triggers. press it and hold for a few seconds until the Xbox button starts blinking quickly.
The computer does not recognize the gamepad
The most common problem. As practice shows, there are many reasons, ranging from problems with the connection and ending with hardware malfunctions. Try the following:
- When wired, try installing the cable in another connector, obviously working. It also makes sense to check the cable.
- With a wireless connection, you should remove the device and perform the pairing procedure again. If using an adapter, reconnect it. Also make sure that Bluetooth is on and active.
- Restart the controller: hold the Xbox button for 6-7 seconds and release, then turn on the device by pressing this button once again.
If these steps do not help, the problem is most likely hardware-based.
Gamepad connected successfully but not working
This kind of failure is relatively rare, and you can deal with it by setting up a new connection. In the case of a wireless connection, a possible cause is interference (for example, from Wi-Fi or another Bluetooth device), so be sure to use the controller away from such sources. It is also possible that the game or application where you want to use the gamepad is simply not supported by them.
The procedure for connecting the Xbox One gamepad is simple, but its capabilities depend on both the version of the OS used and the type of connection itself.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.