In the modern world, everyone and everyone already has a mobile phone, and this does not depend on social status or even age. Now, wherever a person is, he is accompanied by a cell phone everywhere. As for the differences among mobile phones, they mainly differ in their cost, but as soon as a person loses it, a lot of problems immediately arise. Among other things, they can just steal it. But how to find the phone if it is turned off?
Many mobile operators provide free location information for your SIM card. In the event that it was stolen and the owner is sure of this, without any doubt, it is urgent to contact the relevant authorities. But often it turns out that the cell "disappears" at home. Of course, until the battery is charged, it is not difficult to detect it, but how to find the phone if it is turned off? In this case, there are several options for resolving this problem.
How to find the phone when it is off: recommendations
- The very first thing to do. this is to try to reproduce all his last actions and thus try to remember where he could stay.
- If the result did not follow, then you need to remember whether your mobile device has an alarm set and whether it supports the notification function in the off state.
- In the event that animals or small children are present at home, most likely one of them decided to use it as a toy, so it can be in the most unpredictable places, for example, under a sofa or even in a bin. It is necessary to stock up on patience and something long in order to get it out of hard-to-reach places. First of all, it is necessary to make a cursory inspection, and then. with addiction. Particular attention must be paid to those places where, by definition, it cannot be. Most likely, you will be able to find not only a mobile phone, but also a lot of other useful things that were considered irretrievably lost.
- Alternatively, you can use a metal detector.
A few tips that can help you avoid unpleasant situations
If you don’t know how to find a switched off phone at home, then it’s best not to lose it at all. In this case, it is necessary to adhere to some simple tips:
- In order for the mobile phone to not be stolen and lost, you must always carry it in a closed pocket, and in crowded places it is best not to get it if possible.
- In the event that the cell is lost in the grass, a bright body will be much more noticeable.
- You can purchase a special keychain that responds to loud sounds or one that gives light signals.
- Some mobile phones have special so-called anti-theft protection, which work as follows. Initially, an additional number is saved, where an SMS with a new number is instantly sent, the SIM card of which is replaced on your mobile phone. Next is to act on the circumstances. or try to call and arrange, or contact the special services with this.
How to find a turned off Android phone
In case your cell. based on Android, Google offers a completely free unique service called Android Device Manager. Its essence is as follows. In the special window that appears, you must select your device (which must have been attached to your account before that), and the location of your phone will be displayed on the map.
There is one caveat, without which such an attempt will be reduced to practically zero. The phone must have Internet or GPS navigation turned on, but in modern smartphones, users in most cases do not turn off these functions, so there should be no problems. Also, after detection, you can call the phone, and it will play the melody at full volume for 5 minutes. You can only turn it off by removing the battery. There is also the possibility of blocking.
Additional safety tip
It is always necessary to keep the Internet on, just for this, mobile service providers provide convenient unlimited packages. You can also optionally encrypt the device using a screen lock. Modern mobile phones and smartphones support these features even as standard.
What is IMEI?
How to find the phone if it is turned off? Firstly, you need to take all the documents available on it, your documents and, of course, IMEI cellular. Each mobile phone has its own unique identification number. As a rule, it consists of 15 digits. Secondly, IMEI is “sewn” into the phone’s memory, and it is not so easy to change it as it seems. Often it is printed under the battery, but if for some reason it was not there, you can press the following combination on your cell phone: # 06 #, and the number will appear on the screen.
In addition to the fact that this number stores a large amount of useful information, it is thanks to it that you can find a lost or stolen device.
How to find a phone by IMEI?
Naturally, the simple user is not aware of all the nuances of how the phone is found by IMEI, and by and large it is not necessary. Only the result is important. Law enforcement agencies have the opportunity, upon your application, to fulfill a request from telecom operators to search for a specific mobile phone. In the event that it is active and used, data will be received.
This is the first phase of the search. To find out for sure whether the phone can be turned off, the police need to conduct a series of investigative and operational measures in order to accurately determine the new owner of the device and its location. True, it is worth noting that this method is very effective, but law enforcement agencies resort to it only in extreme cases, and if it turns out that you have a mobile phone at home, you will also receive a rather big fine.
Now you know how to find the phone if it is turned off, so there should be no problems.