No matter how much we love our four-legged friends and assure those around us of their absolute security, it’s still not necessary to turn a blind eye to animal instincts. There are a number of measures that must be carried out for the proper maintenance and upbringing of animals in the house. One of the important rules is the muzzle.
What is an accessory for?
Often the owners of tailed friends ignore this rule and are deeply convinced that it is their pet that does not threaten anyone. You should not worry that the animal will suffer, and try to remove it, as the dogs quickly get used to this accessory. This is necessary mainly for large breed dogs, shepherd dogs and will ensure the safety of others.
Many people fear big animals The best remedy for contempt from the disgruntled passersby is a muzzle for dogs. In addition, it will be much easier for you to overcome long distances, you can protect your dog from poisoning, not allowing you to pick up trash from the ground, and also the device helps during training and movement in public transport.
How to choose the right size and wear
In order for your pet to feel comfortable, it is important to know how to choose a muzzle for a dog in size. It all depends on the size of the dog and the type of accessory that you would like to purchase. Consider all the features of your pet, depending on the breed of dogs, the size of the device may vary. So,
- Make sure that it is freely fixed on the back of the head and does not put pressure on the skull of the dog;
- He should not close his eyes;
- Must fix the jaw, and not hang on the buckles;
- The nose of the animal should not fit snugly to the base of the muzzle;
- Make sure your pet can breathe in it with an open mouth;
- In the ideal position, the accessory should be fixed on two buckles (between the ears and on the sides);
- In the fixed state, it should not be freely removed by paws.
Having decided on the size, a question arises before you how to put a muzzle on a dog so that it does not feel threatened. Put any delicacy under your palm and offer it to your pet.
Types of muzzles for dogs range from small sizes to large, from durable to less durable. This allows you to choose an accessory that will facilitate the maintenance and education of the pet.
Varieties of accessory
In today’s abundant variety of muzzles, it is not at all easy for the average man to find the right one. But do not be afraid to ask the seller for advice. It will help you determine the difference and benefits of each type. Their variety is quite wide, but each has a number of advantages.
- Well hold a form;
- Fix the mouth of the animal;
- Reliably protect against bites;
- Actual in any weather.
- Not suitable for long wear;
- Not recommended for wearing during the hot or summer period.
Such accessories are often used dog handlers during training. They are made of durable leather or leatherette, which is why they are not recommended to be used on hot days. If your dog is quite aggressive, he will not be able to harm a muzzle blow. Widely used for dogs less active and benevolent.
Metal mesh muzzles
- Ideal for large breeds;
- Increased protection and durability;
- Allow to breathe freely;
- Suitable for hot weather.
- Not recommended for use in cold weather;
- Muzzle damage can be caused by a muzzle.
This type is a great muzzle for a shepherd or large individual. For the safety of the animal and others, you can not worry, but in the cold this design will give you trouble, because the metal freezes, and the dog can stick with the tongue.
Leather mesh muzzles
- Allow dogs to breathe freely;
- Easy to use;
- For all kinds of dogs;
- Reliable and durable.
- One of the most expensive copies;
- Matter absorbs moisture;
- Metal inserts and buttons quickly rust.
This is the most common option and is in great demand. They look pretty impressive and with careful use can last more than one year.
Nylon (muzzle nylon loop)
- Easy to use;
- The dog quickly gets used;
- Not recommended for aggressive shepherd dogs;
- One of the most fragile species.
It is more rational to use such muzzles for small dogs or when using them for the first time in order to gradually switch to heavier models.
- The most convenient option;
- Does not make breathing difficult;
- Does not irritate the skin.
- Apply to small and less aggressive breeds.
Such a dog muzzle looks attractive, comfortably fits the mouth and does not rub
How and when to teach a dog to wear a muzzle
In the ideal form, they begin to acquaint with a muzzle as early as possible, the puppy does not see the danger and does not react to it. An adult requires a separate approach, and how to teach a dog to a muzzle becomes a matter of time. Every time you put on an accessory, praise the dog, you can even stick a treat through it. If he tries to take it off with his paws – immediately stop these attempts. So he can hurt himself and break the loop. Make sure that there is no more aggressive reaction, it does not cause discomfort, and only then can you take the pet for a walk.